JCW JCW Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:12 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by KYDan
I plan on getting the manual, but I wanted to drive a new JCW hard to see if it was worth the move to the F over the R. It does have significantly more power and supposedly better handling. However, it is a good bit heavier than the R. That's why we signed up for the course. We will have fun and I should be able to gauge the performance difference. I was hoping they would let us drive the R56 we have on the track, but they won't. These courses are fun and helpful. Our dealer has an F56, JCW in port and he will let us drive it as well, but the performance course is better and worth the money to us.
That would be cool to drive it on a track. I like my paddle shifters, but it's my DD too so I'm not racing around. I can downshift faster that with my manual R56. Whoooosh! Question: Is the Speedway that same oval as on TV? I would rather have turns both ways for a Mini. Tight ones and swoopers as well as straightaways. Just curious.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:58 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
That would be cool to drive it on a track. I like my paddle shifters, but it's my DD too so I'm not racing around. I can downshift faster that with my manual R56. Whoooosh! Question: Is the Speedway that same oval as on TV? I would rather have turns both ways for a Mini. Tight ones and swoopers as well as straightaways. Just curious.
It uses the infield track and perhaps a piece of the oval. Pretty cool that they even offer this though and it's more accessible than the M driving course, but those cars are in a different league with power and size.