JCW Aftermarket Intake For JCW

Old 01-17-2015, 01:58 PM
DOtheDEW
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Aftermarket Intake For JCW

i have a buddy that has a jcw countryman and he was asking about what intake he should get. i told him the DOS CAI is a good system but it does not work with the countryman. what would you guys recommend, not an open air filter in the engine bay.

also he was looking into getting the forge BOV but i told him with an aftermarket CAI you will get the BOV sound. so would you recommend getting a upgraded filter for the JCW intake with the forge BOV, or just go with an aftermarket CAI.

thanks in advance

Old 01-17-2015, 03:23 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
The stock JCW intake and Stock Countryman S intakes are the same and have the same stock filter.
Intakes don't make the big power that is often claimed so don't buy it based on numbers. They all sound about the same, the difference comes in fitment and filter used.
If you want an intake we would recommend the DDM street intake with our Dry high flow filter. It fits great, and has a dry filter to not get any oil in the sensors. It will also give you plenty of the BOV sound your looking for.

http://www.waymotorworks.com/ddmwork...et-intake.html

If you just want to use a drop in filter again go with the high flow dry filter it will fit perfect and keep the oil out of your sensors
http://www.waymotorworks.com/dry-pan...paceman-s.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 01-18-2015, 01:50 PM
DOtheDEW
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
perfect! i think he's going with the ddm intake, he's also looking at the nm

Old 12-13-2015, 12:41 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello.I m an owner of a Countryman s All4 tuned to 220 Hp.Is there any difference in the airbox of my car and a JCW?I m thinking to change the airfilter to have a little more response and a better sound.I read a lot about the air filters and the air intakes.I have found a used JCW air box and that why i m asking which is the difference between these two and if there is, i can buy it and then replace the original air filter with an ITG maybe.What s your opinion?

Old 12-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Did you see the post from way motor Works?

Old 12-13-2015, 02:09 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Did you see the post from way motor Works?
You re right.I havent notice the detail about the intake.So what about replacing the filter only?ITG or something else.I m in Europe so its inconvenient buying from US.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:16 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Also do you have the NON MAF system ? Or do you have the MAF sensor ? That will make a difference on what fits. We found the JCW intake helps torque a hair on the beginning of the curve. Check out ours here, we have them fitted to MAf and MAF blank MINIs .

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-16-2015, 01:02 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Also do you have the NON MAF system ? Or do you have the MAF sensor ? That will make a difference on what fits. We found the JCW intake helps torque a hair on the beginning of the curve. Check out ours here, we have them fitted to MAf and MAF blank MINIs .
How can i recognize if i have the maf sensor ?

Old 12-16-2015, 01:19 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Right before the intake tube going from the intake to the turbo you will have this , with a plug.

MAF Senor

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-16-2015, 01:24 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Yes i have it.So which filter is the best to use?

Old 12-16-2015, 01:32 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Our intake will fit, we have some people in Europe running them Its also on sale right now part of our holiday sale.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...er-intake.html

Fits Countryman , S, SX, JCW ( Not for the MINI Diesel )

Old 12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Our intake will fit, we have some people in Europe running them Its also on sale right now part of our holiday sale.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...er-intake.html

Fits Countryman , S, SX, JCW ( Not for the MINI Diesel )
It s very nice but i think its expensive for me.You think i ll gain around 10 hp?Which is exactly the price in Europe?

Old 12-16-2015, 02:00 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Do the exchange calculations thing http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/ then add to cart and see what the total with shipping is, sorry no free ship to Europe, but we do have it on sale.

On the JCW N14 we gained that amount on the high end side of the rpm , the the Cooper S N14 the numbers were not that high but good. Check out the dyno graphs, we did not test this on a Tuned car, which is a little different as the tunes are tuned to the engine management and intake. We had ours stock. We did not test on an N18 engine. The N18 ( MINI Countryman S + we expect a slight increase as the N18 has a little higher horsepower and sometime torque rating then the n14. So if you were to custom tune the intake you could expect much higher numbers then stock of course. The good thing is its Carbon fiber, CAI. Fits great. Looks great and has a nice swoosh noise as the intake noise bounces around on the inside walls on the intake. Its somewhere between a full open filter and the fJCW intake top, but more on the quite side. Hope that helps.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:12 PM
tzo
1st Gear
Finally

Last weekend arrived finally the new air filter by ITG.I can say that the difference now is noticeable.The car doesn t have anymore this annoying lag.I don t have to use the sport mode button to have better response.So i suggest the replacment of the oem filter with this one.Expensive for an air filter but valuable purchase.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:53 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
The stock JCW intake and Stock Countryman S intakes are the same and have the same stock filter.
Intakes don't make the big power that is often claimed so don't buy it based on numbers. They all sound about the same, the difference comes in fitment and filter used.
If you want an intake we would recommend the DDM street intake with our Dry high flow filter. It fits great, and has a dry filter to not get any oil in the sensors. It will also give you plenty of the BOV sound your looking for.

http://www.waymotorworks.com/ddmwork...et-intake.html

If you just want to use a drop in filter again go with the high flow dry filter it will fit perfect and keep the oil out of your sensors
http://www.waymotorworks.com/dry-pan...paceman-s.html

Sounds great, but I do not see any cover, to block the heat? Is there an additional piece available at an additional cost?