JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Garbino Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:43 PM
Aelwulf
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garbino Exhaust

Anyone know of a stateside importer that sells these? If I was going to go up the Akrapovic cost side I think I'd go all the way and get these. I thought it was two different sets, not one with two sound 'modes'. The more aggressive setting sounds good IMO.

The Type-X body work isn't bad either.

http://www.garbino.net/mini/mini/new_mini.html

Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ra2fanatic installed the Innotech exhaust. Its similar. I didn't look at costs but basically same idea. He went from the Akra to the iPE. Check his build thread and you'll see it. I think its in the early pages of the build IIRC.

Here is their site: http://www.ipe-f1.com/

Old 08-25-2014, 02:07 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
Vince at GT Auto Concepts can get it. He is also the IPE dealer for North America. I looked into this exhaust a few months ago and still might get it. Price is $3000 shipped. The IPE exhaust is slightly cheaper with a downpipe. Both sound great.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Aelwulf
3rd Gear
Thanks for the inputs. I'll check out the other ones as well, hopefully tonight.

Might go with a 'normal' aftermarket for now then use some refund dollars to splurge on one of these, sticker price is higher than I thought but not surprising (small shop, shipping, exchange, etc).

Old 09-12-2014, 01:03 AM
bunkerbeezy
Neutral
Quicksilver exhaust, made in the UK sound great and its a downpipe back around $1,200 but well worth it

Old 09-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Aelwulf
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bunkerbeezy
Quicksilver exhaust, made in the UK sound great and its a downpipe back around $1,200 but well worth it
I've seen a couple of good comments about that one (and I think one really didn't like it). I checked it out on YouTube but the couple of vids I've been able to find small enough to download here I wasn't a fan of the sound. Granted it's YouTube, but since the others I listened to also had that handicap it didn't come out on top for my tastes. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Looks like I'm going with the iPE. The sound seems great and from what
I can tell it's a well built system that's still fairly unique here (probably due to price).

Old 09-12-2014, 07:12 AM
AbsoluteAuto
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Aelwulf
I've seen a couple of good comments about that one (and I think one really didn't like it). I checked it out on YouTube but the couple of vids I've been able to find small enough to download here I wasn't a fan of the sound. Granted it's YouTube, but since the others I listened to also had that handicap it didn't come out on top for my tastes. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Looks like I'm going with the iPE. The sound seems great and from what
I can tell it's a well built system that's still fairly unique here (probably due to price).
Check out my build thread at http://hawknpoke.com/society/threads...r-jcw-gp2.509/
I can get u the Carpgraphicts Exhaust in the video, valvetronic like the IPE but made in Germany instead of Taiwan

Old 09-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Aelwulf
3rd Gear
I'll see if I can watch it after work, no vids can show on this one. :/

Edit: Sounds good, although seems to have harsher popping once off the throttle. I'm assuming that's the on or Sport type mode? Think i'd have to stick with the iPE based off that, my wife would not be happy if it was doing that much and I'd like to have her in the car some too. lol

Last edited by Aelwulf; 09-12-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:57 AM
AbsoluteAuto
1st Gear
I'll see if I can watch it after work, no vids can show on this one. :/

Edit: Sounds good, although seems to have harsher popping once off the throttle. I'm assuming that's the on or Sport type mode? Think i'd have to stick with the iPE based off that, my wife would not be happy if it was doing that much and I'd like to have her in the car some too. lol
Yeah, its doing a lot of harsh popping, settings at the time was Sport on, and catless downpipe with the valve open

I have heard the IPE before ordering this, IPE is more high pitched

Also keep in mind it was popping so much because the car is a GP(slightly different ECU for more pops and bangs I have heard)

My friend has the same exhaust but catted in his cooper S and it sounds tamer than mine does

Old 09-13-2014, 11:54 PM
bunkerbeezy
Neutral
Porsche of Colorado Springs has a mini gp there with a quicksilver exhaust if you would like to hear it in person it has a great sound without being overly loud, IMO the ipe is really loud and not very wife friendly and very expensive.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Aelwulf
3rd Gear
bunkerbeezy: Thanks, but if it's still there by the time I get back there's probably something wrong with the car. That or they're asking way too much. But I'll try to remember to check anyway when the time comes. I think both that & the Millteks I saw YouTube vids for had straight-pipe DPs too which won't be the same sound as the one I'd end up with (prefer a high-flow, one reason I like the iPE from the pics I've seen). So it could just be lack of options/downloadability at the moment.

AbsoluteAuto: If your friend gets a vid done at some point post it up, I'd be curious to hear it. No hurry since I still have 5-6 months to wait. :(

I've read some more on various other cars and it does seem a common comment is the iPE is a higher-pitched than the Cargraphics (more of an 'F1' sound). I like deeper better but the iPE doesn't whine either so it comes across well. But also ones that the 'quiet' mode on the iPE drops it pretty well (as I've seen on the vids posted for it so far). So yeah it's a bit raucous on sport but should be quiet enough when closed. The Cargraphic that I could tell doesn't have a full-closed option, just the auto RPM-based switch.

Last edited by Aelwulf; 09-14-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Arthas
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AbsoluteAuto
Check out my build thread at http://hawknpoke.com/society/threads...r-jcw-gp2.509/
I can get u the Carpgraphicts Exhaust in the video, valvetronic like the IPE but made in Germany instead of Taiwan
Can you post some pics, thanks!

Old 10-25-2014, 03:44 AM
AbsoluteAuto
1st Gear
Old 10-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Arthas
1st Gear
The sound of the iPE is for me much better and louder.

Cargraphicts
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCenYE0A4LA

Old 10-30-2014, 08:02 AM
AbsoluteAuto
1st Gear
bunkerbeezy: Thanks, but if it's still there by the time I get back there's probably something wrong with the car. That or they're asking way too much. But I'll try to remember to check anyway when the time comes. I think both that & the Millteks I saw YouTube vids for had straight-pipe DPs too which won't be the same sound as the one I'd end up with (prefer a high-flow, one reason I like the iPE from the pics I've seen). So it could just be lack of options/downloadability at the moment.

AbsoluteAuto: If your friend gets a vid done at some point post it up, I'd be curious to hear it. No hurry since I still have 5-6 months to wait. :(

I've read some more on various other cars and it does seem a common comment is the iPE is a higher-pitched than the Cargraphics (more of an 'F1' sound). I like deeper better but the iPE doesn't whine either so it comes across well. But also ones that the 'quiet' mode on the iPE drops it pretty well (as I've seen on the vids posted for it so far). So yeah it's a bit raucous on sport but should be quiet enough when closed. The Cargraphic that I could tell doesn't have a full-closed option, just the auto RPM-based switch.
Actually, it is possible to set the cargraphic to fully closed, mine is set up that way, but cannot use auto mode.

From my observation of the 2, they are fairly similar construction, but the reason I choose the cargraphic is that the ipe has smaller piping.

Cargraphic has 2.5" piping throughout while the ipe was I think measured at 2.1/8". This seems to account for the higher pitch due to higher exhaust velocity.