Interior/Exterior F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:01 PM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?

I am trying to figure out what graphics to add to my new MINI. I love the clean look of my Thunder Grey/Black Cooper S with JCW aero kit and 18" JCW Cup Spoke wheels, but I want to add something to make it stand out a bit.

What have folks done so far? Please include pics if you can, thanks!

Old 01-05-2015, 08:26 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
If it were me I'd wrap the roof in silver vinyl. Maybe do a matte silver to give it a little punch

Old 01-05-2015, 06:16 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had my roof wrapped with custom artwork. The sunroof is perforated vinyl (i.e. you can see out from the inside). Cost was $150 for buying the original 11" x 15" watercolor (of which only less than half of the image is on the car), $0 for my wife (graphics professional) to take appropriate pictures do the required photoshop work for use as a car roof graphic, and $350 for the local sign company to print, overlaminate, and install.

Last edited by aafflyer; 01-05-2015 at 08:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Walt (02-28-2021)
Old 01-05-2015, 08:15 PM
MyOrangeOne
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having some custom made side graphics produced & will post when they are on "Carlotta"

Old 01-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Lolooo
1st Gear
aafflyer,

yours look very very pretty!!!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Selshan
2nd Gear
I did the black stripes on the hood (BRG II body color) and I had considered doing the full suite of Black Jack graphics (scuttles, side/rearview mirrors, roof) but I'm holding off on all that for now. I might do a custom roof wrap at some point though.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Tacoman03
3rd Gear
Had a House of Grafx make 2 decal for the sides

(Tried repeatedly to insert a pic, but can't seem to figure it out)

Old 01-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Maine Mini S
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have the same color combo, Thunder Gray and Black Roof/Mirrors. Had the Black "Viper" stripes added to the hood and boot. Not sure I like it. They are very hard to see....

Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 AM
skyrunner777
Neutral
I'm in the market for a base pepper white with matching roof. For some reason the white bonnet strip is calling me but I haven't been able to find any pics of this configuration in the wild. It looks very tempting on the configurator. does anyone have any pics?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:33 AM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Maine Mini S
Have the same color combo, Thunder Gray and Black Roof/Mirrors. Had the Black "Viper" stripes added to the hood and boot. Not sure I like it. They are very hard to see....
It's funny you say that, because in some light, the Thunder Gray really looks like a lighter gray, sometimes it looks blue-ish (to me) and in lower light it is really dark and almost matches the roof color.

So far, I have added the JCW Pro mirror caps and side/rear window screens (which I really love). I have ordered the JCW Pro roof decal as well, which will give an accent of red along the sides of the roof. I think I have decided against bonnet stripes at this point, but want to do something on the sides/doors. Thinking of a lower side stripe/racing number or checks. The JCW Pro side decals, which have a #37 on the door and a matte black check covering the rear fenders looks cool, but is pricey and comes from Germany.

Thanks for all the input so far!

Attached Thumbnails F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-fullsizerender.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-jcwf561.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-jcwf565.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-jcwf563.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-jcwf564.jpg  

Last edited by MINIwuff; 01-08-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM
skyrunner777
Neutral
I am looking to order a base pepper white with pepper white roof. I am drawn to the white bonnet strips since it seems to add a subtle effect on the hood. I've searched all over but cannot find any pics of this combo in the wild. Is anyone aware of this at all? Would love to see this combo besides on the configurator.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:23 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIwuff
I am trying to figure out what graphics to add to my new MINI. I love the clean look of my Thunder Grey/Black Cooper S with JCW aero kit and 18" JCW Cup Spoke wheels, but I want to add something to make it stand out a bit.

What have folks done so far? Please include pics if you can, thanks!
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
If it were me I'd wrap the roof in silver vinyl. Maybe do a matte silver to give it a little punch
If you want to make it stand out take a tip from the Coupe (I know, I'm biased lol). The Coupe is the only Mini that you can order with the roof a different color than the body that isn't black or white. Some color combos are only available in the JCW. I get the allure of detailed graphics on the roof, but because you can't really see down on it (unless you live upstairs and the car is below) much of that is missed. The only cool looking roof graphics I've seen is the red/white/blue British flag but that only looks good on red cars.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:57 AM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
If you want to make it stand out take a tip from the Coupe (I know, I'm biased lol). The Coupe is the only Mini that you can order with the roof a different color than the body that isn't black or white. Some color combos are only available in the JCW. I get the allure of detailed graphics on the roof, but because you can't really see down on it (unless you live upstairs and the car is below) much of that is missed. The only cool looking roof graphics I've seen is the red/white/blue British flag but that only looks good on red cars.
I ordered the JCW Pro roof decal and having it installed this week. It offers red accents along the sides of the roof giving it the appearance of a red roof (like the full on John Cooper Works models) from the side, as well as a grey check along the center of the roof which is visible from front or back and also from inside through the sunroof glass panels.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Moflash1
1st Gear
F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-img_1552.jpgF56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-img_1550.jpg

Custom designed graphics installed

Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
I ordered the JCW Pro roof decal and having it installed this week. It offers red accents along the sides of the roof giving it the appearance of a red roof (like the full on John Cooper Works models) from the side, as well as a grey check along the center of the roof which is visible from front or back and also from inside through the sunroof glass panels.

That looks pretty cool.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:28 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MINIwuff, post some better pics of that when you can. That's cool..

Old 01-13-2015, 09:32 AM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Moflash1
Attachment 104776Attachment 104777

Custom designed graphics installed
That looks really nice! How did you get the front grille blade red? Painted? Plasti-dip? Vinyl?

Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
That looks pretty cool.
Thanks! I cannot wait!

Originally Posted by N2MINI
MINIwuff, post some better pics of that when you can. That's cool..
Will do. Hopefully done before Friday's trip to Vegas!

Old 01-13-2015, 10:55 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Will do. Hopefully done before Friday's trip to Vegas!
I went to a Mini "event" in Vegas in 2008. They called it AMVIV (a Mini vacation in Vegas) and it may still be happening. Lots of Minis at the host hotel parking garage. Way Motor Works put on my rear sway bar on the roof in less than an hour. Pretty cool event.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Moflash1
1st Gear
[QUOTE=MINIwuff;4032623]That looks really nice! How did you get the front grille blade red? Painted? Plasti-dip? Vinyl?

Used 3M graphics red film and wrapped the grill bar.You have to remove the front bumper to do it right.Farly easy to do.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:31 PM
MyOrangeOne
2nd Gear
F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-image-344863862.jpg

I designed the side strips for "Carlotta".

Old 01-15-2015, 05:04 PM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Okay folks, I just had the JCW Pro roof graphic installed today and I absolutely love it. The graphic is technically made for F56 models without a sunroof and requires a black roof. Not only does my MINI have a sunroof, I also have the roof rails as well. This presented a challenge with the install (luckily I am friends with the installer - who handles most MINI dealers in my area), but I could not be happier with the results!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am still thinking of a slight/subtle side stripe as well. But maybe I will try and restrain myself!

I apologize for the crappy cell phone photos.

Attached Thumbnails F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof1.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof2.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof3.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof4.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof5.jpg  

F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof6.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof7.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-roof8.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jeeper02 (06-29-2020)
Old 01-15-2015, 09:43 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Your installer indeed did a great job.

Is the black the natural roof color, or a wrap also?

Old 01-16-2015, 08:30 AM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Originally Posted by aafflyer
Your installer indeed did a great job.

Is the black the natural roof color, or a wrap also?
Thanks! Yeah, this guy is pretty amazing. I was fearing the worst, but he really pulled it off. The graphic (OEM from MINI) comes in three pieces. The center grey checks, and left/right red side panels. The black (negative) spaces are the roof/sunroof showing through, which is why MINI specifies that this graphic is for models with black roof only. Although I think it would look awesome on vehicles with a body color (BRGII/Deep Blue/Volcanic Orange) roof as well. Because my MINI has the sunroof, each grey square had to be cut to fit the contours and opening of the roof panel. And Because I have the roof rails, the red sections had to be cut around the rails. If you look at it close up, it does look like it was specifically cut for this roof - he did an amazing job. It was his idea to use the extra red vinyl to cover the tops of the roof rails, which I think finishes it off nicely. He also gave me some clear 3M shield to apply to the sections of roof rail where the roof rack cross bars would attach (when/if I decide to mount them or use the rails).

The whole thing took him about 90 minutes. He is a bit leary of how well the checks applied to the sunroof glass will hold up here in the Southern CA sun. Good news is that I am parked in a garage both at home and work - that should help.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Jorge Perez
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love this idea, as photographer I didnt think of this. Oh man the possibilities

Originally Posted by aafflyer
I had my roof wrapped with custom artwork. The sunroof is perforated vinyl (i.e. you can see out from the inside). Cost was $150 for buying the original 11" x 15" watercolor (of which only less than half of the image is on the car), $0 for my wife (graphics professional) to take appropriate pictures do the required photoshop work for use as a car roof graphic, and $350 for the local sign company to print, overlaminate, and install.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:25 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
I saw these stripes on the forum and have been looking for a source. No luck so far. If anyone knows where I can get these please PM me.

Attached Thumbnails F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-picture_php_pictureid_82750_be907739465332e8c3d67aa987d072cf2feb1ffd.jpg   F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?-picture_php_pictureid_82751_cdb32d56fcb55940723371543c15c9e176fff783.jpg  

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior F56 Stripes/Graphics/Roof decal options? Who has done what?