MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Interior/Exterior
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Show pics of your lowered MINI S!!!
2,225 Replies, 667,443 Views
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
2011 jcw tunning kit for 2011 automatic s model

I've been researching about the jcw conversion kit for the mini cooper s. Found out that an automatic is or has been released this year. I have an automatic 2011 mini cooper s and I would like to give it an upgrade next year. If anyone has done this I would be great if I could get some feed back on their results after the change.
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:40 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
have not done it but would be interested. any word on one for the 2012 R56?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Im pretty sure that the 2011 jcw tuning kit will work on the 2012 models. I dont think there has been any changes in the engine since the 2011 models, but I may be wrong. Try looking it up in the 2nd gen. Jcw garage fourms. You might be able to find info there. Thats where this thred should have been, but oh well. There is alot of info there about jcw tuning kits.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
What does the kit include? You should consider throwing an AccessPort on the car instead - it'll cost FAR less, can be done in your garage in the middle of winter, and will provide pretty similar performance I would wager.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 AM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
What does the kit include? You should consider throwing an AccessPort on the car instead - it'll cost FAR less, can be done in your garage in the middle of winter, and will provide pretty similar performance I would wager.
The accessport is not for '11+. Plus the JCW kit is not only available now, it keeps the warranty that so many people purchase a new car to have. It's a personal choice dependent on quite a few different things.
2010 CR/B MCCSa HK, USB/BT, LightInSight, 20% tint + sunroof, Black LED side markers, Black beltline, AC handles (4), PULSAR, shorty ant, JCW Grill Surround, and Hsport Comp RSB (25.5mm). Custom HornBlasters Conductor's Special 232 w/ 4 gal pancake tank. 2nd cat & resonator delete. PlastiDiped: headlight rings, inside of headlights, gas cap, wheels(R110), badges, scuttles, & exhaust tips.
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, Thunder Grey Chromaflair, all options but sunroof.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:21 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti96 View Post
The accessport is not for '11+. Plus the JCW kit is not only available now, it keeps the warranty that so many people purchase a new car to have. It's a personal choice dependent on quite a few different things.
Mm this is actually a very good point (availability for '11). The warranty issue I'm not so sure about, as I don't think any dealer has yet voided a single warranty for an Accessport, but the fact that it doesn't support the '11 models is a deal breaker for sure. Thanks for the reply
Old 11-02-2011, 08:33 AM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
Mm this is actually a very good point (availability for '11). The warranty issue I'm not so sure about, as I don't think any dealer has yet voided a single warranty for an Accessport, but the fact that it doesn't support the '11 models is a deal breaker for sure. Thanks for the reply

There has been a few cases on here where the engine was "over-revved" or "over-boosted", caused by a programmer and the owner was out about $8k for a new engine. Not totally common, but can and has happened.
2010 CR/B MCCSa HK, USB/BT, LightInSight, 20% tint + sunroof, Black LED side markers, Black beltline, AC handles (4), PULSAR, shorty ant, JCW Grill Surround, and Hsport Comp RSB (25.5mm). Custom HornBlasters Conductor's Special 232 w/ 4 gal pancake tank. 2nd cat & resonator delete. PlastiDiped: headlight rings, inside of headlights, gas cap, wheels(R110), badges, scuttles, & exhaust tips.
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, Thunder Grey Chromaflair, all options but sunroof.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to MINIxB Send a message via MSN to MINIxB Send a message via Yahoo to MINIxB Send a message via Skype™ to MINIxB
Gallery
If you buy the JCW tune kit from the dealership it comes with a tune, exhaust and an intake and JCW badging

MotoringID: WHIP704
Bumblebee-1977 Leyland Mini 1000//Gone to her new home in Indy...
Artemis- 2009 Lightning Blue/White MCSa//Built: 10/28/08//Purchased: 08/15/09

Old 11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIxB View Post
If you buy the JCW tune kit from the dealership it comes with a tune, exhaust and an intake and JCW badging
Nice signature man, i noticed the tardis. Im a big doctor who fan.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:36 PM