Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Palo Uber C.F. Extension Wing

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing how everyone seems to look at a situation in a different light.
You know I wish I never stated that they hooked me up.
But the truth is, I have never looked at the situation as being Bribed.

Seems like the world really is heading in a downward spiral and customer loyalty is no longer a thing of the present.
Anywhere I go, I can usually manage to get some type of discount.
Canal street, buying DJ gear I can usually get a break since I am spending a bit of $$$. Hell the supermarket, buy in bulk and save.
Oh yah, and PU's NAM'ers discounts..."Which honestly is a great price since Carbon Fiber is expensive to produce."
Hell even car companies offer discounts.
My friend ha an audi and he went to get his wife one as well.
Since he already was an audi owner, they gave him a better deal.

So to be honest, I would go to alot of the other vendors as a last resort since spending my $$$ with them will not grant any breaks.
It is a two way relationship and they seem to treat returning customers well.

Think what you will it just sounds to me like a few are unhappy with someone having something positive to say about PU. And they can't just let it be!

Originally Posted by blackie
All too true, but hey, they tried the bribery stuff on me too; I just would not compromise when they kept messing up, making life difficult, making alibis, and spouting nonsense. No amount of money off an already over-priced product that ultimately fails anyway (at least in many cases) will make this equation pan out. I suppose if the number of problems you have are small, those you have do manage to get addressed properly (and without too much hassle), PU is knocking down their prices enough to make their product competitive with the rest of the real world, and throwing in free goodies, you can manage to say nice things about them in the end, but just the fact that they MUST do this sort of thing fairly often (and it is already known they did this dance with this thread starter, as well as me) that should tell you all you need to know about why you ought to look elsewhere first and ONLY use these clowns as an absolute LAST RESORT!

Last edited by MidniteCoop; 11-28-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You know I wish I never stated that they hooked me up.
But the truth is, I have never looked at the situation as being Bribed.
I don't see it as you being "bribed" either....but I see it as a reason for bias.

Of course someone likes a company that gives them sweet discounts and free parts.

It is a two way relationship and they seem to treat returning customers well.
Only some. Sometimes they don't treat customers well.

All i ask is that since i fully respect and observe that you have had a good buying experience that you have respect for those that have had awful buying experiences. It seems like you're constantly writing them off as if they were wrong or trying to bring the company down. It's awesome that they treat you well....and the spoiler looks great......but open your mind and realize that some other people haven't been as lucky. Some people have been sent faulty products, some have been abused verbally, many have been lied to, some have been blamed for the problems, some were told that the issues are due to the mentally handicapped. So please....atleast understand and respect that although you've had a good experience....there is a large number of people that feel the opposite. Don't just write them off as "wrong".

Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MidniteCoop
JIMINI,

Exactly my thought.
This is about their wing which happens to be a great looking Carbon Fiber product.

There are threads about the lugs already as well as the wheels.
Keep the complaints to those threads. Honestly!

I understand that there has been issues with OTHER items of theirs.
All seem to mention that it is being resolved currently so let them work it out and this thread progress in the positive light it deserves.
Ok, they got one sorta right, in only 3 tries for the P.U. Cheerleader.

But they don't live or work in a vacuum and even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

The comments on their other goods and practices deserve to be noted, it sets the tenor of the vendor. It's going to take a long time and a lot of decent product priced fairly at the get go, not with a NAM Discount to convert this cynic.

Lets hit some of the highlights.

Rebadged wheels that cost more
Shoddy quality lug bolts
Body Kit that was an obvious rip off of another, and more expensive
$45 for a sticker
Claims to be designed by a human that by all accounts does not exist
Light Bar seems to be of decent quality
Incredible amounts of unproven hype in advertising
Zero contact with largest base of customers in the open forum to answer challenges
$800 Pulley with claims of 21 HP gains
Windshield laminate thats double the market price
CAI that costs more then same item developed by another NAM vendor
$400 snap in moldings that are more then double the cost of the OEM at MSRP. Grantd they are black, but I'd hazard to guess they are OEM moldings with Pinstripe tape applied.

So there is a pattern of shoddy quality, overpriced goods and poor customer service. But according to Midnight Coop we should ignor everything in the past and only focus on this one item that they got almost right.

Yeah, and I got a bridge for sale too...

Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
And before we the same response as always.....these are CURRENTLY occurring issues. Gnatster didn't just bring up issues of the past. Many of those things are still issues today.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JIMINI,

Exactly my thought.
This is about their wing which happens to be a great looking Carbon Fiber product.

There are threads about the lugs already as well as the wheels.
Keep the complaints to those threads. Honestly!
Not that it's neither here nor there, and not to beat a dead horse, but I disagree with this comment about self-censorship.

Every thread in a forum like this, good or bad., becomes part of the searchable, permanent record for this merchant. This may be a great product, but history has shown that PU has a great degree of variability in the quality of their products over time, and regardless of the actual item, the same business policy regarding returns and conflict resolution will be applied to NAM members that experience issues with this or any other PU product. Simply commanding us to not discuss the problem (which I get is something you'd like us to stop) merely fuels the fire - something YOU accuse ME of doing earlier in the thread.

As I've said consistently in EVERY PU thread I've commented in: I hope that this product is everything people hope it will be (honest!), but if...just IF... it goes pear-shaped, then I'd prefer to have as much discussion about PU available for a Search as possible. Not for me, for I've already made up my mind to not risk my money or credit card info with PU... ever... but for the next poor sap down the road that does.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
curv872
4th Gear
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Straßentech Roof Spoiler Gurney.
Saw it on a friends car, looked pretty nice.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
Hey Gnatster,

Just wanted to say that you make good points that I don't have answers to either. Another sign showing that i do not work for them...
I'm not trying to say leave the issues in the past, All I'm saying is despite issues that this vendor has had and is still working to resolve, the wing is pretty sweet!

Originally Posted by gnatster
Ok, they got one sorta right, in only 3 tries for the P.U. Cheerleader.

But they don't live or work in a vacuum and even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

The comments on their other goods and practices deserve to be noted, it sets the tenor of the vendor. It's going to take a long time and a lot of decent product priced fairly at the get go, not with a NAM Discount to convert this cynic.

Lets hit some of the highlights.

Rebadged wheels that cost more
Shoddy quality lug bolts
Body Kit that was an obvious rip off of another, and more expensive
$45 for a sticker
Claims to be designed by a human that by all accounts does not exist
Light Bar seems to be of decent quality
Incredible amounts of unproven hype in advertising
Zero contact with largest base of customers in the open forum to answer challenges
$800 Pulley with claims of 21 HP gains
Windshield laminate thats double the market price
CAI that costs more then same item developed by another NAM vendor
$400 snap in moldings that are more then double the cost of the OEM at MSRP. Grantd they are black, but I'd hazard to guess they are OEM moldings with Pinstripe tape applied.

So there is a pattern of shoddy quality, overpriced goods and poor customer service. But according to Midnight Coop we should ignor everything in the past and only focus on this one item that they got almost right.

Yeah, and I got a bridge for sale too...

Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by curv872

Hmmmm that certainly makes it awkward that they said this in their most recent advertisement about their spoiler. They added the underlining....not me

The only product like it in the world,

It's slightly different....but it's close enough to make that statement completely false.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by curv872
Talk about over priced, have you checked any of Stabentech stuff .

Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
All I'm saying is despite issues that this vendor has had and is still working to resolve, the wing is pretty sweet!
Agreed...and well said. (i don't think they're trying to resolve it though....)

Out of countless lies, overpriced parts, and faulty items.....this item seems to be a good one. Though...they're still exaggerating and making false claims in the advertisement about the spoiler, but the product seems good.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
You got me man, and I apologize for saying there was no need for the .
Since I was in agreement with you....and I never said NOT to discuss these issues, since they are discussed in length throughout the NAM forum.
Which I have no control over.
All I was trying to convey was that I was trying to highlight a new product that I like.

Originally Posted by ImagoX
Not that it's neither here nor there, and not to beat a dead horse, but I disagree with this comment about self-censorship.

Every thread in a forum like this, good or bad., becomes part of the searchable, permanent record for this merchant. This may be a great product, but history has shown that PU has a great degree of variability in the quality of their products over time, and regardless of the actual item, the same business policy regarding returns and conflict resolution will be applied to NAM members that experience issues with this or any other PU product. Simply commanding us to not discuss the problem (which I get is something you'd like us to stop) merely fuels the fire - something YOU accuse ME of doing earlier in the thread.

As I've said consistently in EVERY PU thread I've commented in: I hope that this product is everything people hope it will be (honest!), but if...just IF... it goes pear-shaped, then I'd prefer to have as much discussion about PU available for a Search as possible. Not for me, for I've already made up my mind to not risk my money or credit card info with PU... ever... but for the next poor sap down the road that does.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
True, but isn't most marketing geared towards making a product look better to the public in order to generate greater sales.
Let it be advertising, marketing, packaging, hell even down to branding!
I'm in advertising and most of everything is how to create compelling and convincing B$LLSH$T!
They can say/market their product how ever they want, I'm simply promoting it here, from my experience, as a top notch product

Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Agreed...and well said. (i don't think they're trying to resolve it though....)

Out of countless lies, overpriced parts, and faulty items.....this item seems to be a good one. Though...they're still exaggerating and making false claims in the advertisement about the spoiler, but the product seems good.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
All I can say is "buyer beware". A vendor can say whatever they want to say about a product, this is a free country. But if said vendor keeps jacking people up, they will go out of business, this is the basis for a free interprise economy. I personally talked to a gentelman from PU yesterday and he seemed very helpful and genuinely nice. And like it's been said before, if you deal with a vendor enough they have the right to give you a deal, thats called customer loyalty. I don't see any problem with that. Anyway hopefully this vendor gets the point and grows to better serve their customers. Everybody can change, thank God.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
Interesting.
Nice find, Gotta say that I agree with Palo Uber's making the statement regarding the C.F. Wing though.
Since it's truly the only Carbon Fiber Extension Wing for the Cooper out there.
That is one being a C.F. Full OEM wing extension fixed mold.

Hmmmm that certainly makes it awkward that they said this in their most recent advertisement about their spoiler. They added the underlining....not me

It's slightly different....but it's close enough to make that statement completely false.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
I personally talked to a gentelman from PU yesterday and he seemed very helpful and genuinely nice. And like it's been said before, if you deal with a vendor enough they have the right to give you a deal, thats called customer loyalty. I don't see any problem with that.
As i said earlier...i don't see a problem with them giving him discounts etc. All that anyone is saying is that it's a cause for biased opinions. And that is true.

But to some extent...it is against NAM rules. Especially since they pointed to midnitecoop's thread as an advertisement tool in their vendor announcement.

Compensating non-vendor NAM members in exchange for member-based promotion of or discrediting of vendors, products, or services is prohibited.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Interesting.
Nice find, Gotta say that I agree with Palo Uber's making the statement regarding the C.F. Wing though.
Since it's truly the only Carbon Fiber Extension Wing for the Cooper out there.
That is one being a C.F. Full OEM wing extension fixed mold.
Wait....Strassentech offers a CF wing extension. I don't see how the statement could possibly be true.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:49 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it's flexible then how can it be true carbon fibre?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Palo Uber makes some great products wings, scoop, light bar etc. Have the outsoured some of there products and had issues sure. But, for the most part they always try and help customers as long as the customer is reasonable too !

Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimusprime
if it's flexible then how can it be true carbon fibre?

The carbon fiber is not flexible. The all non cf black first one is flexible

Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Quote:
Compensating non-vendor NAM members in exchange for member-based promotion of or discrediting of vendors, products, or services is prohibited.

I'm not even really sure what that first part means? But I did notice and understood what "discrediting of vendors, products, or services is prohibited" means.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Back on track with the OP. With how high the wing sticks up, do you think MPG would be affected? And before I get flamed, I know we own cars that are high performance and all, but, dang, with gas prices the way they are going, I had to ask .

Old 11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
So does this mean no one can get a deal from a vendor for repeat business?

And then post here and say they liked the product or service

Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
My point exactly!

Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Talk about over priced, have you checked any of Stabentech stuff .

Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 AM
MidniteCoop
5th Gear
No...sorry for the confusion...
I found them saying the quoted statement odd.
But do believe Palo Uber when they say it since theirs is truly one of a kind.
Being Carbon Fiber and all.

Wait....Strassentech offers a CF wing extension. I don't see how the statement could possibly be true.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
But do believe Palo Uber when they say it since theirs is truly one of a kind.
Being Carbon Fiber and all.
.....the strassentech is offered in carbon fiber TOO.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Palo Uber C.F. Extension Wing