How To Help..... I need help with my 2011 Mini Cooper S

Old 06-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Treylinfarm1987
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help..... I need help with my 2011 Mini Cooper S

Hi everyone I have a 2011 Mini Cooper S I need anyone out there who can help me out with 2 problem I am having with my Mini.

First Problem #1

My on board computer is telling me that my Left and right Brake lights and fog lights are malfunctioning but when you actually check them to see if they're out they are working just fine. I have been to my Mini dealership and they are telling me that I am need to have my computer in my car reprogramed witch is a 3 hour process to have done. Has anyone every had this type of a problem and if so can you tell me is there any way around having my Mini Dealership reprogram my car. I really do not want to pay them the $200 buck to have this problem fix unless I have to.

Problem #2

My on board computer is telling that I have increased battery Discharge. I have not take my mini to my dealership yet to have this problem check yet. but I have taken my Mini to my local AutoZone had had my battery and alternator checked and they are telling me that everything is all good. dose anyone have any idea for me as to what could be causing this problem.

Thanks to anyone out there who can help me out with either or both of my problems I am having.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:40 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
1) No. If they are plugging it in and it's an update from BMW then its a dealer trip.

2) Are you still running the OEM battery since delivery ? When replacing the battery in 2nd Gen MINI, registering/programing is required to tell the DME to adjust charging cycles to new battery installed or risk over/under charging new battery effectively decreasing its life in the car. Regardless what folks have said here, not a myth and not some sort of way for dealer to extort $ from your bank account.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Treylinfarm1987
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer your question. Yes I still have the OEM battery. In my 2011 Mini Cooper S.
So what your telling me is I need to replace the battery in order to fix both of my 2 problems after I do that everything will be ok and should be working properly again right .

Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
1) No. If they are plugging it in and it's an update from BMW then its a dealer trip.

2) Are you still running the OEM battery since delivery ? When replacing the battery in 2nd Gen MINI, registering/programing is required to tell the DME to adjust charging cycles to new battery installed or risk over/under charging new battery effectively decreasing its life in the car. Regardless what folks have said here, not a myth and not some sort of way for dealer to extort $ from your bank account.