How To DIY Requests....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
DIY Requests....

A place to post up what you'd like to see others put up for DIYs.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
jewitcher
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody know how to access radio antenna input in Clubman.
Trying to hook up external cd player.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
miniskierchic
Neutral
That darn seatbelt beeping

Has anyone figured out the best way to disable the beeping sound that the Mini shouts when you do not have your seatbelt fastened?

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by miniskierchic
Has anyone figured out the best way to disable the beeping sound that the Mini shouts when you do not have your seatbelt fastened?
http://cravenspeed.com/index.php?productID=234
However, only recommended for use on the passenger side when you have no passenger, but something heavy on the seat to set off the sensor. Seat belts can save your life, and hold you in your seat when cornering hard. Wear it.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 AM
ndylam
3rd Gear
Ebiach Pro Street S Coilovers

Does anybody have a installation guide that can show me how to install the Coilover on a 2009 MSC please ?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:44 AM
swooshmac
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chrome speaker rings. has anyone taken out their black rings and 'chrome painted' them as a DIY? i have read in some forums people paid $109 minimum to buy the chrome rings kit and then install it. I figure chrome painting it should be just as easy, but has anyone done it?

Old 03-07-2010, 04:35 AM
jjorrell
1st Gear
Hardwiring Valentine 1 ???????

I apologize asking this question, because I know another thread already exists. But, wading thru it confuses my simple mind. So, at the risk of looking stupid, here's my question.......Where do I connect the positve wire of the V1 so the unit turns off when I turn the ignition off, and how do I route the wire so that I can mount the V1 above the left side of the rearview mirror? Thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Headlands
4th Gear
I need very specific instructions on how to jack a MINI up for tire rotation..

I'll be doing my own tire rotations on my 2010 R55 and am having a hard time finding a full set of very specific instructions on how to lift the entire car up using a jack and jack stands; I've never done it before.

I need step-by-step precise instructions that detail everything from the initial jacking up of the car to placing the jack stands under it, including exactly where to place the jack and all of the jack stands.

Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
LaneCountyMini (07-27-2022)
Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM
R56 HOOLIGAN
Neutral
O2 Sim Install R 56

Looking for direction in installing the Riss O2 Sim. Any help is appreciated!
R56 Hooligan

Old 04-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Mr EZ
3rd Gear
How do you install a new antenna base on a r53 s with NAV. I broke mine in one of the storms and they told me at the dealer that it would be 4 hr of labor???

Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 PM
OttoMatic
Neutral
Fog light is cracked, i would like to see a good DIY on how to get that changed. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
seojea
1st Gear
anyone taken their key apart and painted the silver ring? mine is starting to look very bad and i would like to paint it the color of the car

Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Shrashmere
2nd Gear
Can I get a DIY or picture of the back of the R56 head unit with an amp installed? I am trying to add an EQ but im just not sure how to go about it or which wires to splice and route where.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:38 PM
adude007
2nd Gear
Does anyone know how to remove the A-pillar exterior trim piece. I got a lil rock damage I would like to take care of.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Romo.
1st Gear
I appologize if it's posted somewhere, but does anyone know where I could find instructions for removing the front and rear seats?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by adude007
Does anyone know how to remove the A-pillar exterior trim piece. I got a lil rock damage I would like to take care of.

Thanks in advance.
If I remember correctly, the piece along the roof trim need to come off first. It slides toward the windshield. There is a tab sticking into the rest of the trim around the roofline.

Then the glossy plastic a-pillar is on tabs similar to interior body panel pieces. You can pop them out, but you may need a good plastic pry tool. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Gilboyto
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Romo.
I appologize if it's posted somewhere, but does anyone know where I could find instructions for removing the front and rear seats?
I dont remember what size, but the front seats require a TORX bit (preferable on a socket) two in front and two in the rear after you slide the seat forward that hold it to the car on the seat rails. There is also a big clip for the electronic area like airbags in the middle etc.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Romo.
Hopefully you have a good Torx driver kit for the seats, I don't remember the number either.

The rear seat is a little more involved. If you start from the boot you should see some torx that are holding the seats where they hinge. Once they are out of that hinge, the other thing holding them in place is a stud that goes into the sides of the car, so you have to pull them towards the center. Just keep looking for bolts and removing them.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
ndylam
3rd Gear
Here you go : http://www.miniacal.com/remove_rear_seats/

Have fun removing it !

Old 04-23-2010, 05:03 PM
adude007
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kellen
If I remember correctly, the piece along the roof trim need to come off first. It slides toward the windshield. There is a tab sticking into the rest of the trim around the roofline.

Then the glossy plastic a-pillar is on tabs similar to interior body panel pieces. You can pop them out, but you may need a good plastic pry tool. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I Google searched it and surprise surprise it found it in the 1st gen forum. I figure it is probably similar as i bought the part and it looks very similar. I didnt end up doing it myself I had the guy doing my windshield do it. The one i replace has very minimal cosmetic damage so if anyone wants it let me know.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM
ndylam
3rd Gear
How much did the windshield's guy charged you for the removal ?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 PM
adude007
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ndylam
How much did the windshield's guy charged you for the removal ?
I asked if needed to take those trim pieces off and he said yes. So I gave him the one I bought the day before. Looking at the gen one forum I think it would be super easy to do. Peel back the rubber trim seal for the door on the side u need to do. Unscrew 4 screws. Pop pressure clips off and take off the trim. Then make sure the foam strip is good and install new trim piece. Replace screws and rubber and done.

Sorry that was kinda long answer to a simple question.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 PM
etalj
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know how to swap a regular 3-spoke steering wheel to a JCW steering wheel? Is it straightforward? Are any extra components needed?

Thanks in advance,

Elie

Old 05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
minimini482
4th Gear
Has anyone changed the Grill Trim pieces (chrome on stock MSC and JCW) top and bottom?

I want to put the JCW black grill trim. the top part seems pretty straight forward - just a couple screws and it should pop out. The bottom I cannot tell if the entire grill has to be removed with the trim piece or if the trim piece is just force fitted on top of the grill.

Any feedback is appreciated greatly!

Old 05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
ndylam
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minimini482
Has anyone changed the Grill Trim pieces (chrome on stock MSC and JCW) top and bottom?

I want to put the JCW black grill trim. the top part seems pretty straight forward - just a couple screws and it should pop out. The bottom I cannot tell if the entire grill has to be removed with the trim piece or if the trim piece is just force fitted on top of the grill.

Any feedback is appreciated greatly!
All you gotta do is pull it out from the grill. If you're afraid of breaking it then remove the entire grill and go from there.
In order to remove the grill, you will need to pry the top 4 expanding rivets ( in front the grill) and press the 4 bottom clips (behind the grill) then pull it out from the bumper.
It's pretty much self-explanatory once the grill is removed.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...20&hg=51&fg=15

Quick Reply: How To DIY Requests....