How To DIY Requests....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 AM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by miniskierchic
Has anyone figured out the best way to disable the beeping sound that the Mini shouts when you do not have your seatbelt fastened?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-CA...057c13&vxp=mtr

i use one for my passenger seat, as i usually have a backpack there.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 AM
TimG517
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum Pump O ring Change

I have a slight leak from my Vacuum pump area. I feel it is the O ring. Anyway, when I take the 2 bolts off the pump, remove the pump - is there anything I need to be careful about - oil hole, cam position, etc?

If anyone has a DIY write up for the vacuum pump that would be great!

Thanks

Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
stevenpollock
1st Gear
DIY Request: Rear Lower Control Arms.

Anybody figure out how to get the heat shield above the JCW muffler off so you can access the inner bolt to the control arms? It's a terribly awkward angle. I can't seem to get a good enough grip to also provide enough torque to loosen the two visible bolts. After that, there's overlapping of other heat shields and hangers in the way, so how do you pull it out?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 PM
calforhelp
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EDIT:

I found a video for R56 service mode and posted it in the how to section.

Last edited by calforhelp; 01-25-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Wiring: Engine Bay to Interior

Anyone have photos or good description on how to run electrical wiring from the engine bay to the interior of a '13 Clubman/Cooper?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:13 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^Look up install method for Aquamist meth kit. Run electrical into passenger side grommet behind battery and leads into footwell of passenger. Best method I could advise for you.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Chad1376
Neutral
Heater Core Footwell Insulation

My wife and I recently purchased an '07 MCS. My wife's first complaint relates to the hot footwell. After researching a number of threads, it's clear that insulation needs to be added to the panel and heater core tubes. I've read lots of suggestions relating to insulating the area, but haven't seen a detailed DIY, or much report back to the extent that the temperatures can be reduced.

I was planning on insulating the panel with several layers of Dynamat and wrapping the tubes with fiberglass exhust insulation this weekend. If there's not already DIY here, I'd be happy to document what I do. I could even post some before/after temps using my IR gun.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:45 AM
mp5999
4th Gear
Can I retrofit OEM r56 heated seats in my r56 that came with non heated seats ??

I hope this is the best place to post this . I have searched and found several threads on adding aftermarket heating elements to my stock seats but I have a chance to get some nice oem heated seats from a damaged r56 that I would like to use ( my r56 did not come with heated seat option ) . I can also have the switches and anything else out of it that I need but I don't know what all I need and how much trouble it is ( wiring , reprogramming , etc ??) .

Thanks !

Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM
dboard7
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mp5999
I hope this is the best place to post this . I have searched and found several threads on adding aftermarket heating elements to my stock seats but I have a chance to get some nice oem heated seats from a damaged r56 that I would like to use ( my r56 did not come with heated seat option ) . I can also have the switches and anything else out of it that I need but I don't know what all I need and how much trouble it is ( wiring , reprogramming , etc ??) .

Thanks !
just curious how much they are going for? I have my oem heated seats with all the sensors for the air bags and seatbelts attached and was wondering what they should sell for I was trying to get $800 fro them and then its like $200 for shipping

Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 AM
sailingmagnus
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Adding Backup sensors to a Countryman

Hi,

I purchased a 2014 Countryman for my wife. I hate paying extra for some of the dealer installed or OEM options and have found over the years that most car electrical harnesses have the connectors you need to add the options yourself. I added backup camera to my Dodge Challenger and BlueTooth adapter to my Toyota FJ Cruiser, way cheaper than what the dealer wanted $500+ for those options. I'm curious if the same holds true for adding backup sensors to the Mini-Cooper? You can buy the sensors themselves from $25/each and install them in the rear bumper. I found a DIY thread for adding rear fog lights that says the electrical connectors are there for the fog lights. Assuming the same for the backup sensors; is plugging them in all I need to do or is there more in the dash or audio system to get the audible tones to sound if she back's up to too close to something?

As an additional FYI: BluLogic makes the Toyota BlueTooth adapater and it was an easy DIY install. They make a BMW BlueTooth Adapter but not a Mini per-say. I'm researching this one also to see if a certain model BMW adapter will work in the Countryman.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:26 PM
cjny
2nd Gear
Suspension: replace rear sway bar bushings

What's the most efficient way to replace the rear sway bar bushings on the R56? There's not a lot of wrench room. Removing the rear shocks and dropping the rear subframe would seem to make it a whole lot easier, but is this necessary?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Lazlo10S
2nd Gear
How to install a rear diffuser on a non jcw bumper?

Old 08-23-2014, 07:27 PM
brycekyla
Neutral
i need help! i want to spray paint my interior trim(the silver part of the dashboard and silver trim around air vents and speedometer) but i cant figure out to remove the trim around the air vents. Now I've already removed the dash board pieces and see a couple screws that might work but i don't want to just start taking my car apart.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:24 PM
LarriB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by brycekyla
i need help! i want to spray paint my interior trim(the silver part of the dashboard and silver trim around air vents and speedometer) but i cant figure out to remove the trim around the air vents. Now I've already removed the dash board pieces and see a couple screws that might work but i don't want to just start taking my car apart.
Here you go:

Old 03-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Coumpi
Neutral
Exclamation Oil filter housing cap

I'm brand new to the MINI world but not brand new to changing my own oil. I have a 2010 mcs clubman, for the life of me I can not get the cap off at all. I have the right tools but it's just not cutting it. I thought about attaching a breaker bar and having at it but i'm afraid to break something and have this turn into a bigger deal than this should be... ANY HELP AT ALL?!?!

Old 06-05-2015, 08:01 AM
ragingMINI
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have a guide to removing the dashboard? I have the hidden compartment removed, the decorative trim, the trim around the speedo, and the vent surrounds all removed. From there, I can see the screws that hold the front of the dashboard down, but even with the screws out the dashboard doesn't seem to be any less secure.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:05 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ragingMINI
Anyone have a guide to removing the dashboard? I have the hidden compartment removed, the decorative trim, the trim around the speedo, and the vent surrounds all removed. From there, I can see the screws that hold the front of the dashboard down, but even with the screws out the dashboard doesn't seem to be any less secure.
See if these might help:

NAM Thread

and

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 06-08-2015, 12:47 PM
ragingMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
See if these might help:

NAM Thread

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-yAgpY-HQ

-Luccia

I've watched the video you posted along with the video at the bottom of the first link. None of them address the removal of the top/main dashboard panel. I already have the decorative trim pieces removed, but that's as far as I can figure out on my own without getting worried about the passenger airbag.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:52 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
I've watched the video you posted along with the video at the bottom of the first link. None of them address the removal of the top/main dashboard panel. I already have the decorative trim pieces removed, but that's as far as I can figure out on my own without getting worried about the passenger airbag.
hmm.. maybe try this thread? It links to another that seems similar as well.

-Luccia

Old 06-09-2015, 09:35 AM
ragingMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
hmm.. maybe try this thread? It links to another that seems similar as well.

-Luccia
That thread applies to the 2005 MCS (R53). I'm pretty sure the dashboard is different on the R56 and up. Apparently no one has ever documented removing a dashboard from an R56.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:14 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
That thread applies to the 2005 MCS (R53). I'm pretty sure the dashboard is different on the R56 and up. Apparently no one has ever documented removing a dashboard from an R56.
Ya, sorry. Not finding much online.

Reading over the Bentley manual and on page 721-12 it reviews the airbag systems. It states to disconnect the negative battery cable and cover the battery terminal to keep the cable from accidentally contacting the terminal (leave disconnected for an hour before breaking into things). It then gives you directions on how to remove the upper dashboard panel on 513 interior trim. Might be a good idea to purchase this book so you can review this to help you with the removal of your dash. You can buy it here if you want or maybe see if a friend has one you can barrow.

-Luccia

Old 06-09-2015, 02:59 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Always let us know if there is a DIY you are looking for, there are many good ones if not better then "other" site posted on NAM and in most we have talked about.

Let me know if you are looking for one, I can find it

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-01-2015, 03:35 AM
coachvminis
4th Gear
DIY On changing the water Pump on the R56 2009 Mini Cooper S..
Please..and Thank You! I have been searching on youtube and here and pretty much over the web I have come up with nothing...Find it hard to believe that I'm the only one to change the pump out...

Old 09-01-2015, 04:57 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Water Pump DIY R56- R59 :

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4119209

Looks like you already found it.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Val P
2nd Gear
I'm looking for a DIY mod tutorial for the armrest iPod/iPhone dock thing for the 2008 MINI Cooper S; The adapter is extremely expensive and I don't even have an Apple device.

Quick Reply: How To DIY Requests....