How To Maintenance :: How-To do Seafoam Treatment R55/R56

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Your car has a later N18 engine, the passenger side PCV line, as on the earlier N14 engine, was replaced with internal passages in the cylinder head.

I don't know that you could sea foam treat the intake valves on an N18 engine.

Luckily, N18 engines are less prone to carbon build up than N14 engines.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:32 PM
aabcds
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DneprDave
Your car has a later N18 engine, the passenger side PCV line, as on the earlier N14 engine, was replaced with internal passages in the cylinder head.

I don't know that you could sea foam treat the intake valves on an N18 engine.

Luckily, N18 engines are less prone to carbon build up than N14 engines.
Ok. Thanks for the response. I was getting frustrated trying to figure out how to start.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:58 PM
Way2Fst4U
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone done a first treatment in a high mile MCS? Like 100k mi or more?

Old 06-29-2020, 01:24 PM
Yakatak
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Way2Fst4U
Anyone done a first treatment in a high mile MCS? Like 100k mi or more?
I would strongly suggest that you thoroughly review this thread (and other similar on Seafoam) where you will find that Seafoam does absolutely NOTHING to remove carbon buildup on valves. It doesn't matter what method you use....You can pull your valves out and soak them in a bucket of Seafoam and you will achieve nothing...nada. Seafoam is great for cleaning carbs and injectors but does nothing for coked carbon, And ,all that smoke coming out of your tailpipe is not carbon...it's Seafoam! Have I made myself clear??

The following users liked this post:
Ray167 (07-18-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 01:49 PM
Way2Fst4U
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yakatak
I would strongly suggest that you thoroughly review this thread (and other similar on Seafoam) where you will find that Seafoam does absolutely NOTHING to remove carbon buildup on valves. It doesn't matter what method you use....You can pull your valves out and soak them in a bucket of Seafoam and you will achieve nothing...nada. Seafoam is great for cleaning carbs and injectors but does nothing for coked carbon, And ,all that smoke coming out of your tailpipe is not carbon...it's Seafoam! Have I made myself clear??
First of all, what makes you think I HAVEN'T READ this entire thread? Secondly, I'm a grown man that also has a mechanical background so I suggest you change your tone when you address people. Especially if you're not answering a simple, clear, concise question which you've replied to and have answered absolutely nothing. Have I made MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR? Just because you've been on this board a while, it doesn't give you the right to speak to people like children and assume ignorance. Learn some tact.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:12 PM
Yakatak
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Way2Fst4U
First of all, what makes you think I HAVEN'T READ this entire thread? Secondly, I'm a grown man that also has a mechanical background so I suggest you change your tone when you address people. Especially if you're not answering a simple, clear, concise question which you've replied to and have answered absolutely nothing. Have I made MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR? Just because you've been on this board a while, it doesn't give you the right to speak to people like children and assume ignorance. Learn some tact.
Well...that's what I get for not adding the smiley face at the end. To answer your original question...yes. The reason I used it was because I WAS ignorant about whether or not it would work. I am no longer ignorant...at least about Seafoam. Just trying to save folks money and time. Truly sorry you were offended.

The following users liked this post:
Ray167 (07-18-2020)