Mods for GP2

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 05:12 PM
32 ft. per sec2
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mods for GP2

Have a GP2 with 34K miles, live in PRC (People's Republic of California) and it's my DD. No plans to track or AX it. All stock with exception of Forge IC and WMW Resonator delete pipe. Really like how the mods work when it's spun up but looking for next steps that don't ruin DD abilities and keep it legal in CA (i.e. no CELs).

Have read all the threads on this site but would like to hear from other CA GP2 owners that have upgraded theirs and what worked best. Real world CA experience not stuff that I can't run here or make it a bear to drive. All mods need to be removable too.

FWIW, my shocks haven't taken a dump yet.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:41 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Email me your number, I pretty much did everything to my GP2 including KW V3 Coilivers, bigger turbo, tune and big valves head MarioPalza@gmail.com mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

Attached Thumbnails Mods for GP2-image-21046521.jpg   Mods for GP2-image-3802161103.jpg   Mods for GP2-image-31817302.jpg   Mods for GP2-image-19919183.jpg   Mods for GP2-image-3161449667.jpg  

Mods for GP2-image-766926762.jpg  
2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
It will all depend on your goals for the car. You've already done the intercooler which is one of the best mods to do first.

My GP is fairly mild as I have race car for full out mods.
I would really recommend the powerflex torque arm bushing inserts as they help get whatever power you have to the ground.
Craven Short shifter, really gives life back to it.
Hsport rear sway bar
Some rear Hsport control arms and proper alignment.
Then there are engine mods like Forge recirc valve, ECU Tune and so on.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 01-02-2017, 05:00 PM
jackjie
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello from miami (32 ft) what would you say was the most bang for your buck MOD ?
I am picking up tomorrow am, my 2013 GP, with only 7K miles on her would you say cai or tune, or other ?

Old 01-02-2017, 05:17 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by jackjie
Hello from miami (32 ft) what would you say was the most bang for your buck MOD ? I am picking up tomorrow am, my 2013 GP, with only 7K miles on her would you say cai or tune, or other ?
Tune and downpipe

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 01-02-2017, 05:27 PM
jackjie
1st Gear
which would you recommend ? i would like zero drone from the down pipe preferably

Old 01-02-2017, 05:42 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
which would you recommend ? i would like zero drone from the down pipe preferably
Send me an email mariopalza@gmail.com and I will send info, pictures and videos

Old 01-02-2017, 07:59 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Hello from miami (32 ft) what would you say was the most bang for your buck MOD ?
I am picking up tomorrow am, my 2013 GP, with only 7K miles on her would you say cai or tune, or other ?
The best bang for the buck is an ECU tune
https://www.waymotorworks.com/perfor...-cooper-s.html
but you have to remember that you may not pass emissions with it, and if your car is under warranty there is a coding error stored in the ECU so the dealer will see it.
So we always recommend the Forge Intercooler as the first mod as you'll see the power gain with the lower temps, but no effect on emissions or warranty.
CAI intakes are waste if you want power as they just don't work to lower temps. But the intercooler does lower temps after the turbo.

Drone if very subjective as each person's ear is different and also will be effected by which exh you have. I feel the GP droned on the Hwy with the stock exh. I switched to the Akrapovic to eliminate it.
A catless downpipe will always be louder than a catted downpipe. If you can find one of the old Akrapovic DP's that was the ideal one and what I have on my GP with no drone, but a good tone and power gains.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 01-12-2017, 08:30 AM
tech12
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Following this post since i want to get some upgrades on my GP as well right now it's all stock. Nothing crazy since my R53 track car is heavily modded. i had a JB+ for a month but Took off since i kept getting lean codes then had to get the fuel rail sensor replaced, and that was it dialed at 40%.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:39 AM
kk moto
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did a Manic tune. Forge intercooler. down pipe. Maybe about 30 hp increase.

+I like the power difference, but it's not a dramatic increase.
- I don't like the sound change from the downpipe when cruising on the interstate, it's louder overall and there's a drone quality to it. I've never been an
exhaust person (hey look at me)

Looking into upgrading the turbo to slightly larger one. I heard good things about
Owens turbos.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:19 AM
Joowick
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarioKart
Send me an email mariopalza@gmail.com and I will send info, pictures and videos

Hi there

Just wondering if there was any difficulty fitting the Alta Intake with the standard GP2 strut bar?

Thanks in advance

Old 08-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Sokol
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi guys, just got a gp, and wondering is it necessary to upgrade the stock intake box or a high flow filter will do?

Old 08-31-2018, 08:59 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Originally Posted by Sokol
Hi guys, just got a gp, and wondering is it necessary to upgrade the stock intake box or a high flow filter will do?
It's not necessary to upgrade the airbox. Adding just a high flow filter will work well
https://www.waymotorworks.com/dry-pa...-cooper-s.html

On my personal GP2 I converted it back to the older N14 JCW airbox, but I had to cut it and use an older bottom half of N14 box
https://www.waymotorworks.com/jcw-in...6-r55-r57.html

Old 10-27-2018, 04:44 AM
jbogp2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tech12
Following this post since i want to get some upgrades on my GP as well right now it's all stock. Nothing crazy since my R53 track car is heavily modded. i had a JB+ for a month but Took off since i kept getting lean codes then had to get the fuel rail sensor replaced, and that was it dialed at 40%.
Interesting. I just got my JB+ installed. Fingers crossed it holds up. You have me scared now.

Did you buy your JB+ new? I've heard that earlier JB+ units had issues with codes and that 100% on the new JB+ is really 50% on the earlier ones. Read here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...he-jb-n18.html

Old 12-06-2018, 04:59 PM
KCLARK
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Since you in Cali, save yourself the headache on all this parts figuring and take a trip to go see Mario!
If you want to use WMW for all your parts, they def have everything you need. I got all my parts from them, but went with Mario for my RPM tune.
At a minimum, at least do all the mods required for Stage 2, and your GP will be bonkers!!!!

Intercooler
DownPipe
Colder NGK plugs
Hard Pipes (you have)
panel filter for intake (all you need)