General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows roll down with Battery not charging

Old 01-24-2017, 06:48 AM
savagetone
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows roll down with Battery not charging

Hello my R52 "The rascal" after the storm this weekend in Tampa had an issue starting when I first step into the car. I turn the key, the car barely cranked then the starter began to tic as if Battery has no charge. low cell i assumed and the front windows simultaneously roll down with the turn of the key ? has anyone ever experience this .I proceeded to boost The Rascals Battery and it started up right away. took it for a 10min drive to charge a bit and it struggle to start after i shut her off . then turn it on again and same issue windows rolling down and not cranking pass one turn .Anyway Boosted The Rascal once more and took it in to my local auto center. had the alternator and starter check they where fine, battery would not hold a charge so i Replaced the battery and all is back to normal just wondering if anyone else had this happen I am fairly still new to Mini's just wondering if anyone ever experience this and is this normal behavior for a dying battery? never had my windows going down unless holding the key buttons in .it just baffles me that the windows went down because the battery was almost dead.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:59 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Low Power, causes strange and bizarre electronics functions.

You did the correct Troubleshooting, check the charging system (load test the Battery) fix or replace as required.

ECMs (Electronic Control Modules) have a multitude of circuits, some are analog some are digital, when expected/required power levels are not met it can cause unexpected behavior from different devices. (We commonly refer to these anomalies as UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES).

Motor On!

Old 01-24-2017, 11:34 AM
savagetone
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JABowders
Low Power, causes strange and bizarre electronics functions.

You did the correct Troubleshooting, check the charging system (load test the Battery) fix or replace as required.

ECMs (Electronic Control Modules) have a multitude of circuits, some are analog some are digital, when expected/required power levels are not met it can cause unexpected behavior from different devices. (We commonly refer to these anomalies as UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES).

Motor On!
Thank you so much thought i was going crazy everything is up to speed now thank to the Motor Gods.

Search this Thread