General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Issue with my 2014 Pacemane (JB+ installed)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:52 PM
spearmin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Issue with my 2014 Pacemane (JB+ installed)

I have had the JB+ installed on my Paceman-S for about 4 Months. It has been great turned the car into a different animal. Then last week I was taking a about a 2hr drive, and I noticed that the car was running like a bat out of hell. I loved it is was as if it was in some kind of super sport mode. I was not complaining I was grinning ear to ear. Figured it was related to temperature and he JB+. Then this week I took the same 2hr drive again and it was again a bat out of hell. Then on the way back it started to sputter and misfire, 2 check engine lights came on and the car went into limp mode. I was lucky to make it home as she wouldn't go over 35000 rpms. Dropped it of at the dealer today and they told me the coils and plugs were burned out. Could the JB+ have caused all this? I point fingers at the JB+ because I don't know where else to point. I want to put I back on but not if its going to cause this issue. Help.............

Old 01-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
How many miles on the car?
Did you contact Berger tuning?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:15 PM
spearmin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
41k. No I didn't contact them yet.