General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Labels

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:18 PM
ranger052
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mini Labels

Hey guys,

How many of you have been labeled for owning a mini? I had have people ask me if I were gay, crazy, stupid just for owning a mini 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I really dont care about that but just wanted to open a new threah so we could all share what other people had labeled us lol

Btw I love my mini s JCW

Old 09-09-2016, 01:36 PM
morfeeis
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do have to admit that i do feel a bit odd. me, a 6'1, 36 year old man getting out of a liquid yellow mini. But it is my wife's and i don't drive so screw it. but i do feel better getting out of our 4x4 2016 tundra until i have to fill the gas tank. funny thing is our R53 JCW could clean the tundras clock and it cost 1/5 as much...

Old 09-09-2016, 01:40 PM
ranger052
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by morfeeis
I do have to admit that i do feel a bit odd. me, a 6'1, 36 year old man getting out of a liquid yellow mini. But it is my wife's and i don't drive so screw it. but i do feel better getting out of our 4x4 2016 tundra until i have to fill the gas tank. funny thing is our R53 JCW could clean the tundras clock and it cost 1/5 as much...
Jajaja I get your point lol, I used to have a Mustang so I know the feeling but once u get use to the mini there is no going back

Old 09-12-2016, 07:40 AM
newman4333
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotten a few "Why would you want that?"

My response is "Drive it."

I think my friends are just shocked that I bought a little car instead of the F150 I really want but couldn't afford.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Ignoramist
2nd Gear
I've been accused of getting a "girl car".

My response is that if you really need a "man car" to prove to the world (or yourself) that you're a man then you're not much of a man to start with.

See also: 70s, 80s Corvettes, Hummers.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:20 PM
Piff
1st Gear
Being a 17 year old "kid" in high school driving a Mini Cooper, I know exactly what y'all are talking about. Before buying the car all my friends would question why I wanted a mini of all cars, I would simply tell them because they're an amazingly fun car to drive. None of them could quite understand, but hey I bought the car for me not them. Still don't have a single regret.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mini

Originally Posted by Piff
Being a 17 year old "kid" in high school driving a Mini Cooper, I know exactly what y'all are talking about. Before buying the car all my friends would question why I wanted a mini of all cars, I would simply tell them because they're an amazingly fun car to drive. None of them could quite understand, but hey I bought the car for me not them. Still don't have a single regret.
You are 100% right, Piff! Have them watch "The Italian Job," first and second versions, if they want to have a clue If they every saw a Mini on a racetrack beat a Corvette, they might get the idea.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Dennis Bratland
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wait til you have a kid. Then they want to know why you don't have another one. Especially if you have a girl. If you have two girls, then they start asking again if you're going to have another one. But once you do have three kids, they all want to know what kind of person you are, having a bazillion kids. You're probably OK if you have one boy and one girl, but somebody somewhere is going to have a problem with that.

OR.... you don't have a kid. Then of course they want to know what's up with that.

It's like that with everything. Somebody always wants to live your life for you. No point in trying to please them or change their minds. Just smile and nod, smile and nod, and let it go...

Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM
NB Cooper
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
People will judge. Hell I do too when I almost get run off the road by some ****** driving a jacked up extra cab 4x4. Whatever...good thing we all don't like the same thing as it would be pretty boring out there.

The guys at work are muscle car dudes so you can imagine what they think of me driving an old 2001 civic coupe (automatic of all things) to work every day. But dang, it runs great , practically refines it's own fuel and cost less than 2k plus I don't care if someone dents it. The mini is for fun. It's my wife's but I drive it more than she does because it's a hoot.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:52 AM
rebonz
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Label me and my MINI anything but boring .

Old 09-22-2016, 06:19 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Originally Posted by rebonz
Label me and my MINI anything but boring .
Exactly

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Ignoramist
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Piff
See that's funny. My teenage son is getting constantly hounded by his friends to take them out driving in my Mini.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 AM
3rdcoastmini
2nd Gear
I'm too old with real issues to give a care.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Ive's Mini
5th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
I am 47. I have a 91 Corvette with 450hp, an 87 Monte Carlo SS with 420hp, a 65 Malibu SS, and my 2008 Cooper Non-S. I tell everyone, including my students, that the Mini is my favorite car. I have gotten verbally beating for having one, but these are coming from people who have never driven one. With that I dismiss them. I am responsible for inspiring 5 other people to buy Minis and they love them. I know if someone has a problem with us driving Minis...they can go screw off.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mini labels

Originally Posted by Ive's Mini
I am 47. I have a 91 Corvette with 450hp, an 87 Monte Carlo SS with 420hp, a 65 Malibu SS, and my 2008 Cooper Non-S. I tell everyone, including my students, that the Mini is my favorite car. I have gotten verbally beating for having one, but these are coming from people who have never driven one. With that I dismiss them. I am responsible for inspiring 5 other people to buy Minis and they love them. I know if someone has a problem with us driving Minis...they can go screw off.
I'm with ya there! I have a 4X SCCA championship-winning Dodge ACR, '88 Fiero Formula V6, and the R53 which is my favorite. Snarky comments always come from the uninformed and inexperienced.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Slee_Stack
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't complain if people judge or label me since I do the same.

No offense to anyone, but 99% of pickup owners are retards. I mean I guess its great to haul that one thing two times a year....

Don't even get me started on the jacked up dually owners commuting to work. Just wow. I feel much the same way about SUVs.

Of course I drive a Mini and a station wagon and love both of them so I know I'm the weird one, but I'm seriously good with that.

But to each their own.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:24 AM
newman4333
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Slee_Stack

No offense to anyone, but 99% of pickup owners are retards. I mean I guess its great to haul that one thing two times a year....

Some of us retards use their truck for truck stuff.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:28 AM
Ignoramist
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by newman4333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTpCViyUwM

Some of us retards use their truck for truck stuff.
With all due respect, that's offensive to retards.

But people who drive pickups keep dealerships alive through the insane profits off of them. Retard tax.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:12 AM
newman4333
2nd Gear
All I'm saying is that some actually need a truck and get the one that fits their needs. If this offends you, grow up. We drive Minis, of all people that should be understanding of someone driving something they like, it should be us. If one chooses to spend $40K or $1K on a truck or a Mini or a motorcycle. it is their decision. However, I will guarantee you that the cost of owning my truck will be less than owning this Mini and ultimately will be more useful. Hell, I've already spend more on the Mini than I did in the first 10 years of owning the truck. I won't go into the times the truck has enabled me to bring cash back in. When will the Mini ever make me money?

The Mini is for fun and the truck is for work & fun. Anyway. I'm off my soapbox now. I'm going to go back to not caring what the internet thinks of what I do. Or drive.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Ignoramist
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by newman4333
All I'm saying is that some actually need a truck and get the one that fits their needs. If this offends you, grow up. We drive Minis, of all people that should be understanding of someone driving something they like, it should be us. If one chooses to spend $40K or $1K on a truck or a Mini or a motorcycle. it is their decision. However, I will guarantee you that the cost of owning my truck will be less than owning this Mini and ultimately will be more useful. Hell, I've already spend more on the Mini than I did in the first 10 years of owning the truck. I won't go into the times the truck has enabled me to bring cash back in. When will the Mini ever make me money?

The Mini is for fun and the truck is for work & fun. Anyway. I'm off my soapbox now. I'm going to go back to not caring what the internet thinks of what I do. Or drive.

Your sample size of 1 is noted.

Next time you're out, make a note of all the shiny 4x4s and scaled-up trucks which obviously

a) never go off-road
b) never carry anything more challenging than golf clubs in the bed

I'm happy that you're making excellent use of your truck, but you have to admit that you're the outlier.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:22 PM
gumbedamit
5th Gear
Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
I went to the dealer with my wife to test drive a pepper white MCS, the guy asked if it was for my wife, I said no, it;s for me. MY wife felt kinda funny about it, felt as though I should get a real MANS car....lol The next week I got a 06 Chilly Red MCS.....then took her to bed and showed her what a REAL MAN does.....lol