General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation/Stall

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 11:12 AM
hmharp13
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hesitation/Stall

Hello everyone,
I have had my 2013 mini cooper (non s) for almost two years now. Ever since I got the car it has been doing this hesitation thing where it will start to go, then act as if I have let off the gas or tapped the brakes while accelerating from a stop, then continue to accelerate as normal. I didn't consider this a huge problem until recently when i was pulling out in a busy intersection and the car acted like it was going to do the hesitation thing, then just stalled out. I was able to start the car back up with no problem, and no lights or signals came on after I started it back up.

Of course, I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The hesitation continues to happen, and I'm scared to death that it will stall out again.

Any ideas as to what could be causing these problems?

Old 07-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
My car seems to run better after replacing the spark plugs. Not completely sure yet, but after 1/2 day it does seem a bit better in that regard.

About 42,000 miles on my Justa (== Non-S) and the plugs were somewhat worn.

If you have the socket, and some knowledge, it could be worth pulling a plug and looking. Or if you don't have the knowledge, you can take pics and post them here.