General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINIUSA Configurator issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MINIUSA Configurator issues

In the process of ordering my new MINI F55 I came upon a number of issues with the MINIUSA configurator - missing options, wrong information, wrong MSRPs. For people considering ordering a MINI I thought I would share my experiences - and hoped others might add other things I missed. The entries below apply to the Cooper S Hardtop 4-door.

1) The 6-speed Automatic with Shift Paddles [2TB] can be chosen with either the JCW Steering Wheel [2XC] OR MINI Yours Steering Wheel [2XB] - NOT just the JCW.

2) There IS a Garage Door Opener option [319]. It requires the Autodimming rearview mirror [431]

3) There IS an Active Driving Assistant option [5AS]. I didn't know about it when I placed my order so I'm not certain about the requirements - Kelley Blue Book lists Fully Loaded [ZFL] and Wired Upgrade [ZWU] OR Park Assistant Pkg [5DU] while Motor Trend lists [ZFL] and [ZWU].

4) Though the configurator doesn't mention it the MINI Yours interior styles [4G1], [4G2], or [4G3] add a lighted door bezel.

5) Though the configurator doesn't mention it the Alarm System [302] is necessary to get the MINI to chirp when you lock it.

6) As I played with the configurator choosing different options and packages I found I could would occasionally get different MSRPs if I chose options before packages. If you go left to right across the tabs you get the same price KBB (& your dealer) will get.

7) The MINI Yours Interior Style in Fiber Alloy changes the door bezel to dark silver instead of the piano black shown.

Last edited by ljmiii; 05-05-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added (7)
Old 04-29-2015, 12:57 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
2) 5AS Active Driving Assistant requires only the Fully Loaded package. For whatever reason though, if you get all the packages that make up the Fully Loaded package, you cannot get 5AS. I found this out when ordering my F55 with the JCW Exterior pack which doesn't let you get the Fully Loaded package.

I think the point your post makes is that the configurator is a GUIDE and is not meant to be the end all word on pricing, availability, or package dependencies. That's what your dealer should be for.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:50 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I think the point your post makes is that the configurator is a GUIDE and is not meant to be the end all word on pricing, availability, or package dependencies. That's what your dealer should be for.
You are completely right - it just never occurred to think of it that way. I'm more familiar with other products/industries where the website is gospel and you are very lucky to find a salesrep who knows what he or she is talking about. But of course you can't actually order a MINI from the website (unlike a Tesla or a PC) so the configurator doesn't have to be 100% accurate.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:21 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Fiber Alloy now with dark silver door bezels (or dumb luck strikes again)

Originally Posted by MINIDean
So on the Fiber Alloy interior, was your "S" a March build with code 4GU for the Fiber Alloy? It appears my investigation of the door trim being Dark Silver now instead of Piano Black is true!
So we now have...

7) The MINI Yours Interior Style in Fiber Alloy changes the door bezel to dark silver instead of the piano black shown.

As for me...dumb luck has struck again and it turns out I once again DID order correctly. I avoided the Dark Silver Dash Surface because I didn't like how the dark silver bezel looks against the Satellite Grey Doors. I was about to change from the std Black Checker to Fiber Alloy once I saw it is a true silver/black without the brownish tone I saw on the dealer's 'sample' and in some photos. But I went from 'ordered' to 'in production' overnight and so couldn't. Lucky me.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:44 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in the configurator is the is the option for the Garage Door opener? I have found the Auto Dimming rearview but can't for the life of me find the garage door opener? It used to be in the Premium Package on the Gen1 and Gen2 IIRC.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:24 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
Where in the configurator is the is the option for the Garage Door opener? I have found the Auto Dimming rearview...
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my post at the beginning of the thread. There IS a Garage Door Opener option [319]...but the configurator doesn't know about it. However, your dealer does know about it and MINI will be happy to sell it to you...as long as you also buy their Auto Dimming mirror.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ljmiii
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my post at the beginning of the thread. There IS a Garage Door Opener option [319]...but the configurator doesn't know about it. However, your dealer does know about it and MINI will be happy to sell it to you...as long as you also buy their Auto Dimming mirror.
No prob .
I will say that the Costco options sheet is easier and more forthright. I built my car on there in half the time and it doesn't seem to glitch out. Of course you don't get them picture but I have that already .

Annette

Old 05-05-2015, 03:59 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
What is this bezel everyone seems concerned with?

Old 05-05-2015, 05:27 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
What is this bezel everyone seems concerned with?
The bezel is the hard piece in the door that swoops from the front of the window switches, through the speaker and door handle, and up and around to almost the edge of the door. It comes in piano black, dark silver, and off-white. If you get one of the MINI Yours interior styles a color LED light is added to the interior curve of the bezel.

I have pictures...but for some unknown reason the 'manage attachments' button isn't working. I'll try again later.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:27 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Got it, thanks. I was trying to figure out what color that piece will be if I order the fireworks dash bits. The configurator doesn't really make it obvious.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:00 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Got it, thanks. I was trying to figure out what color that piece will be if I order the fireworks dash bits. The configurator doesn't really make it obvious.
Theoretically it should be piano black. It used to be that the MINI Yours off-white style gave an off-white bezel and the Dark Silver Dash Surface gave an a dark silver bezel but everything else was piano black. And now Fiber Alloy seems to be yielding dark silver instead of piano black...but I think that's the only change.

That said...ask your salesrep and if he or she doesn't know then have them check with MINI.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:10 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
The first two bezel pictures appear below. The third photo of the LED lights I have already put in another thread - Fiber Alloy Interior Photos - and need to figure out how to point to it on this forum.

Attached Thumbnails MINIUSA Configurator issues-bezel1.jpg   MINIUSA Configurator issues-bezel2.jpg