General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth compatibility and mini connectivity web page

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 04:58 PM
isleofbones
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth compatibility and mini connectivity web page

My 2015 MCS came with the base radio, but does have Bluetooth and the onboard computer provides for storage of phonebook. So, my sales agent synched my nokia lumia 521, running windows phone 8. All was good. The Bluetooth worked, my phonebook was stored. Had mini dealer install mini brand (made by Garmin) portable navigation 2 weeks after car purchase and my phone book disappeared. The salesman and a tech took about 45 minutes to get the numbers reinstalled (I tried using the manual, but it wouldn't workfor me). Anyway, the phonebook disappeared again after about a month and a half (no discernable reason for disappearing numbers). Now, dealer says my phone is not on compatible list. What's more frustrating is that when I go to the mini connectivity page on the mini site to check compatability list of phones, the page doesn't work. You are asked to enter last 7 digits of your vin or select a car model before proceeding to next step of checking device compatibility. Unfortunately, the form is broken. Its not dynamic. You can't enter vin, etc. Contacted mini and they can only tell me my phone is not on compatibility list. They don't answer my question on what to do about getting list of compatible windows phones so I can consider getting a new phone. This is the page listed in my owners manual to check compatibility. Am I the only one who thinks that it is ironic that you can't connect with the mini connectivity page? Any help would be appreciated.