General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need mini mechanic in FL near tampa or orlando

Old 03-25-2015, 12:17 PM
FLCooperS
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need mini mechanic in FL near tampa or orlando

I am going to look at a used mini cooper S 2004 with around 100k miles. I would like someone experienced with these minis and their common problems to come with me and take a look at it. I am located in tampa the car in particular is in orlando.
I know some common issues but with out all of the records for maintenance it is hard to know how well it was maintained. Looking for something pretty soon.
Thanks
Brian

Old 03-26-2015, 04:13 AM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
Old 03-26-2015, 05:24 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by FLCooperS
I am going to look at a used mini cooper S 2004 with around 100k miles. I would like someone experienced with these minis and their common problems to come with me and take a look at it. I am located in tampa the car in particular is in orlando.
I know some common issues but with out all of the records for maintenance it is hard to know how well it was maintained. Looking for something pretty soon.
Thanks
Brian
Welcome to NAM! If I were you, I'd call Ian @ Maitland Imports. They're in Orlando and could easily do a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) for you. Ian knows MINIs very well & would be a great person to fully vet your prospective car. A PPI is $150'ish very well-spent IMHO, and even if you know what to look for, will give you more info than eyeballing the car on your own or with someone else.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:43 AM
BRebels
2nd Gear
Definitely call Ian at Maitland Importers.
I took @fridayxii's advice & brought my 03 MCS to his garage & was impressed with their professionalism,knowledge,work & most importantly honesty.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BRebels
Definitely call Ian at Maitland Importers.
I took @fridayxii's advice & brought my 03 MCS to his garage & was impressed with their professionalism,knowledge,work & most importantly honesty.
I'm glad you got such a good impression from, and had a good experience with, Ian & Maitland. His reputation precedes him, and I haven't heard of a single less than fully-satisfactory experience from that shop. I'm on the St. Pete side of Tampa Bay, and some local MINIacs here even suggested I take my car there for work. Thankfully I have a really good guy closer to me, but Ian is *that* good. He hasn't done any work for me due to distance, but I've talked to him two or three times on the phone, and he has never, ever given me bad advice.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:51 AM
BRebels
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fridayxiii
I'm glad you got such a good impression from, and had a good experience with, Ian & Maitland. His reputation precedes him, and I haven't heard of a single less than fully-satisfactory experience from that shop. I'm on the St. Pete side of Tampa Bay, and some local MINIacs here even suggested I take my car there for work. Thankfully I have a really good guy closer to me, but Ian is *that* good. He hasn't done any work for me due to distance, but I've talked to him two or three times on the phone, and he has never, ever given me bad advice.
Who do you use in St.Pete.?

Old 03-31-2015, 06:16 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BRebels
Who do you use in St.Pete.?
I go to D'Elegance Auto Clinic
Address: 2400 Tall Pines Dr # 5, Largo, FL 33771
Phone:(727) 531-0303

They're just off of Ulmerton Road, between Starkey & Belcher. Ralph is the guy there & has done tons of maintenance/repairs plus installed almost all of my upgrades.