General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sale help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 07:53 AM
frogberg
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sale help

Fellow Motorers, I can use your help.

My R53 has been for sale for a few weeks. In this time I've had contact zero legitimate folks (and only two very scam-like ones) despite listing it on Autotrader, Craigslist and here. My price is on the higher side of average, but the miles are somewhat low for a car this age (just under 94k for a 2005) and I've left myself some negotiating room.

Would you mind taking a look at my listing and letting me know if I've done something that would drive folks away?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
frogberg
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...per-clean.html

Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 AM
americo11
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Frogberg.....I think the ad and photo's look great, It may just be the time of the year. Keep Faith....you will sell her, specially because it is original owner. Good luck with the sale and great car.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:32 AM
whaap
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It looks good to me but have you checked to see what else is available in the Mini Cooper models that is priced similar to what you're asking. I haven't but if there are other Minis around that same price that are as nice or nicer then the price might be the problem. Also keep in mind that as a group we Mini owners are a very small, unusual crowd. For sure they won't move as fast as a Corolla or Civic.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Eliminate "Very light mods (15% pulley from Way Motor Works)." You are turning off a segment of the buying public that doesn't want to see "mods" as this can scare them off. I'm not scared of that, but it would probably cause me to think this dude races the crap out of the car so I'd just skip it.

Price it close to what you want for it. My wife is a realtor and see it with homes all the time. People who price realistically sell super fast, those that leave lots of room linger longer.

Good luck

Old 03-03-2015, 01:05 PM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by frogberg
Fellow Motorers, I can use your help.

My R53 has been for sale for a few weeks. In this time I've had contact zero legitimate folks (and only two very scam-like ones) despite listing it on Autotrader, Craigslist and here. My price is on the higher side of average, but the miles are somewhat low for a car this age (just under 94k for a 2005) and I've left myself some negotiating room.

Would you mind taking a look at my listing and letting me know if I've done something that would drive folks away?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
The answer is self-evident: zero demand means the asking price it too high.
I'm sure your car is above average on many counts, but you are asking for $7.8K for a 10-year old 2 generations old car.

Sorry, looks like you have a nice car.
How badly do you want to sell it ?

a

Old 03-03-2015, 03:26 PM
GoThingNC
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have the same color combo Mini as yours with the Sport Chrono, sunroof etc with 110,000 miles (zero mods) and was thinking about selling it so I placed a few ads asking $6K obo.

After a month all I got was "crickets" so I pulled the ad and decided to keep it.

Market may be slow because of the winter or buyers are waiting for tax refunds.

Are you in a rush to sell it? If so, drop the price down to $5,000 for a quick sale or down to $6,500 if you don't mind waiting a few months.

Good luck.