General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Drivers of Seattle-January

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 01:36 AM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be fair, a number of the incidents on the video were clearly results of your passive aggression. The video looks like someone who is looking for conflicts to record, just to prove how bad at driving "everybody else" is.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Pretty common everyday North American ambivalence towards fellow citizens and extremely mild in comparison to Russian dash cam videos. Check some of them out, they will make you want to take up the life of a hermit or just stay in a 'wadka' fog.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:01 AM
14R55S
3rd Gear
One of the things I like about these little cars is they don't have wimpy sounding horns.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:33 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 14R55S
One of the things I like about these little cars is they don't have wimpy sounding horns.
Really? I think they are kind of wimpy... although most everything I've ever driven was some big American car. My fusion had a louddd horn xD

Old 01-31-2015, 09:49 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL... Seriously? That's got you steamed? Man you should never come to the East coast... Your drivers are absolutely polite. They even used signals for the most part...

And obtw. if you have a loud system you should try to play actual music. Whatever that was, it wasn't music worthy of being loud...lol

Old 01-31-2015, 11:57 AM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by richardsperry
LOL... Seriously? That's got you steamed? Man you should never come to the East coast... Your drivers are absolutely polite. They even used signals for the most part...

And obtw. if you have a loud system you should try to play actual music. Whatever that was, it wasn't music worthy of being loud...lol
I am from Michigan and spent some time driving around the east coast. In no way do I get "steamed" in any of this. They are just stupid. And as to the comment about my music. It's my car, my money and I'll play what I want. I don't need your approval on what I listen to, that's the amazing thing about music. If you had any taste like you think you do you would also accept others music types. And anyways the crazy frog and Barbie girl are on a "stupid songs to blast in my car" playlist and that is the point. They are good but stupidly funny.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Raggin' on someone's choice of music is like slapping a bear on the nose.
Dad was a 'big band' musician for 60+ years. When Buddy Holly hit the scene, well... All the old guy could do was rail against the 'mindless 3 chord drivel' as he called it, which did nothing but alienate me. I took me quite a while to grow some tolerance from that experience but I learned a dang good lesson.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:19 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
Raggin' on someone's choice of music is like slapping a bear on the nose.
Dad was a 'big band' musician for 60+ years. When Buddy Holly hit the scene, well... All the old guy could do was rail against the 'mindless 3 chord drivel' as he called it, which did nothing but alienate me. I took me quite a while to grow some tolerance from that experience but I learned a dang good lesson.
Agreed, insulting someone's music is like insulting a gang bangers mom. It's just asking for trouble.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:24 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear

If you have a problem with my music, here is all of my spotify music, this doesn't include any of my Japanese music either.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 PM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeez, didn't you all see the lol...

Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Jeez, didn't you all see the lol...
Yea, I saw it, but it's still fun to punt the ball back and forth a time or two.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:48 AM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
The music wasn't that bad, a day to remember and pierce the veil is good. Drivers here in WNY just went up for me.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Ministrater
3rd Gear
Considering half the people in Seattle are now from Ohio, this isn't saying much.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:39 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ministrater
Considering half the people in Seattle are now from Ohio, this isn't saying much.
I really have not meet a lot of people from Ohio.. I've meet a few from Michigan which was awesome . I have a theory and I noticed it when I was in high school here for my senior year.. the younger drivers suck because somehow the instructors who are suppose to be good suck at driving themselves. That may sound ignorant of me or somehow impossible but I noticed it a few times with instructors teaching... Also doesn't help a lot of people are from around the world where driving laws are different orrr some place like Japan where it costs a lot of money to be able to drive.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:43 PM
MINIMAN1411
2nd Gear
I really liked the sone playing at 3:27, what's it called??

Old 02-04-2015, 04:54 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIMAN1411
I really liked the sone playing at 3:27, what's it called??
Sly Fox by Koan Sound

another song similarish by Koan Sound also is
80's Fitness-

Old 02-04-2015, 05:22 PM
MINIMAN1411
2nd Gear
Thanks!!! I couldn't quite play the YouTube video and Shazam at the same time.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Yeah no problem glad you like the song enough to ask

Old 02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Ok I am sorry, I sent you the wrong song.... Both Sly Fox and Funk Blaster sound similar in some parts... Sorry. So to properly answer your question, The song is Funk Blaster-Koan Sound.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As a new MINI of only less than 2 weeks...I have a theory or two about those 'other' drivers. They don't see you.. You have become a 4 wheeled Motorcycle with a roof.... OR, your car is SO darn cute that they're constantly distracted by it....
My first workday drive of my Clubman found me trying to enter a Highway entrance ramp behind a long line of cars. I promptly found myself sandwiched by two lane cutters on either SIDE of ME. A full sized work van on my left, and a larger car on my right. Since I really didn't want to wreck my new-to-me MINI of 3 days, I let them pass me around....
So, I FEEL your pain, and yes, I AM glad on how loud our horns are.........

Old 02-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Nicefeet
5th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
IMO this is just a plug to drive traffic to your YouTube page, but there's nothing worth watching.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:39 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Pure Red
As a new MINI of only less than 2 weeks...I have a theory or two about those 'other' drivers. They don't see you.. You have become a 4 wheeled Motorcycle with a roof.... OR, your car is SO darn cute that they're constantly distracted by it....
My first workday drive of my Clubman found me trying to enter a Highway entrance ramp behind a long line of cars. I promptly found myself sandwiched by two lane cutters on either SIDE of ME. A full sized work van on my left, and a larger car on my right. Since I really didn't want to wreck my new-to-me MINI of 3 days, I let them pass me around....
So, I FEEL your pain, and yes, I AM glad on how loud our horns are.........
yeah pretty much a 4 wheeled Motorcycle with a roof is well said. Even here where parking is so tiny and scarce people insist on these massive SUVs it's always funny my car is hidden when in a parking lot because of how small it is. The cute factor seems to be a high one too, I have a electric blue/black roof. It seems to get a lot of attention because it is a rare color here.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
yukinoinu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nicefeet
IMO this is just a plug to drive traffic to your YouTube page, but there's nothing worth watching.

Well that's your opinion, I don't drive during rush hour periods because of traffic issues and crashes. In my 3 years of driving (Michigan, Texas, and Washington) never been in a crash, come here and I get rear ended. The dash cam is because , I am a testosterone filled teen yes, but also for my protection because I am the younger party and therefore I must be the bad driver trying to hit people off the road. I've had incidents that could have been easily rejected of my fault if I had a dashcam. So in terms, yes this is to drive traffic to a new channel (video wise) but also just to share.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Subzero
To be fair, a number of the incidents on the video were clearly results of your passive aggression. The video looks like someone who is looking for conflicts to record, just to prove how bad at driving "everybody else" is.
I agree with your assessment Subzero, as I also got that impression. The OP sees a car pull out ahead of him and rather than to slightly reduce his speed he continues to motor on, rapidly closing the gap, just to justify the use of his horn at the "offending" motorist. Perhaps a bit of patience is called for when dealing with such instances.

Quick Reply: Bad Drivers of Seattle-January