Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

I dont think I wish to be a member of NAM any longer.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:12 AM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont think I wish to be a member of NAM any longer.

Today I received an infraction for stating facts to another member that made a comment about the price of a MINI/Disney collectable that I had offered for sale to the members here (by the way the comment he made was not even correct).

I also was told that I needed to get a "Vendor" agreement with NAM as I have sold MINI parts from parts cars that I have bought, I am not a dealer have no intention of being a dealer. I have offered the parts on the whole at less than the market value.

I have answered many members questions, I have written articles and shared my knowledge with any member here that has asked a question.

So the fact that ONE moderator, has decided to take issue with my membership, and the comments that I made to another member that does not even own a MINI anymore, has made my decision for me.

I was a donating (read: paid a fee)member of the NAM community and shared my knowledge, I have enjoyed all the people here and the information that I have learned, but I think its time to go.

I wish everyone well and of course will still communicate with all the friends that I have made, but the NAM/MINI community will be losing one of its resources, and that is never good.

Goodbye and thanks to everyone.

Cooper

Old 12-22-2014, 08:30 AM
kyoo
6th Gear
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts
lame. i'd say don't let one mod determine whether u are gonna be on this forum or not though

Old 12-22-2014, 08:32 AM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Kyoo

I would normally agree with you, but that ONE moderator has now determined that I can not list for sale ads, and has edited my post for the things he deems

"Reason: Strike: Site Guidelines Violation - Respect for other members"

Also the infraction is PERMANENT is my understanding.

Last edited by c0op3r; 12-22-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 AM
whaap
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I can understand your feelings but my Grandmother would have called that cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Centium
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry that you'll be leaving because of ONE guy... Have you tried contacting any other mods to see if you can have this situation remedied?

Old 12-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
That's what I love to see, democracy at work. One idiot get pi$$y about something so the rest of the world has to suffer for it. Another grandmother remarked that the (complainant moderator) can get glad in the same pants they got mad in. I'll join the crowd and encourage you to hang tough and don't let one whiner spoil your fun.

PS: The thread heading "I don't think..." indicates you haven't made a firm decision. Don't drink the kool aid yet.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:41 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
????

It would be nice to hear both sides of the story

Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Nicefeet
5th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I have been a member of numerous forums from Honda, VW, Toyota and BMW and I can honestly say this forum is a Cat 5 mess in terms of layout and moderation.

I do appreciate the seat covers that you sent me last spring c0op3r. I ended up only using the bottom one, but that saved me a few hundred dollars vs. what the dealer wanted.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:12 AM
whaap
5th Gear
For what it's worth, there isn't a job, profession, hobby or pass time that isn't occupied by it's share of jerks. Do not let one jerk have that much control over your life.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:27 AM
TheBigChill
5th Gear
Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
Hall monitor syndrome is alive and well with certain moderators of any forum. You may find MotoringUnderground and the likes a bit more welcoming than NAM.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
c0op3r, you were selling what I wanted and at a price I was willing to pay because I could not find that piece anywhere. I was happy to buy from you several times and had I have had an issue with your price....I would have not bought from you. I really enjoy my Mickey MINI pin!
Stick around and see what happens, if they allow you to.
Maybe we need to start a petition.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Joeygonz
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I remember seeing that ad!!! Totally harmless and no violations made in my opinion.

I've sold and bought stuff from here and would occasionally would stumble into inquiries, comments or questions that are either relevant or irrelevant to the sale. About 40% I do not care about... but the 60% were cool!

So does this mean someone's boredom cost a member their membership from NAM?

Not cool at all.....

Old 12-23-2014, 06:10 PM
QuickCooper
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll see ya on the other sites :cheers:

Old 12-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
OK, I'm not familiar with you, never done business with you but that's not the big picture here. You've got positive responses with suggestions. My only interest is that I hate seeing someone get pushed around by one contrary individual. I've seen it wreak havoc on another website. My additional input is only this: "Illegitimus non carborundum".

Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
I have an infraction that states it's forever, I'm not worried about it at all, there's so much more to life than NAM. Don't get me wrong it's the number 1 forum for Mini's period. It doesn't mean it's the end of the world. For the record my infraction was well deserved and I accept total responsibility for it. Just think of it as a point on your drivers license, I mean your not about to hand over your drivers license because you have a few points on it are you?

Old 12-27-2014, 10:01 AM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Thank you to all the people that have left positive comments, but all my privileges have been stripped and even the flag below my name that indicated I was a paying/contributing member has been removed.

So it seems that my decision has been made for me - (thanx Grey Raven)

I will continue to write articles to help others, with their MINIs and do Upgrades and Fixes (mostly at affordable prices).

BUT I will not do it here, I hope that the other moderators see this and decide that letting one person make a decision like this with no appeal process or warning of any kind is not the way to run and community.

If he took issue with my comments, I feel that I should of been contacted via Private Msg and asked to edit the post, at worst a temporary infraction/warning. But clearly there are some power hungry people here that think that one post that contained a break down of how I arrived at the price I was asking for an item, and called out the person(member that felt the need to make the comment[and was incorrect in the price]) that made a comment was just too much for them to handle. The fact that I have tried to be a positive member of this community and been a source of inexpensive parts and free / accurate information, means NOTHING.

So to Grey Raven, you are free to edit this post, as I am sure you will cause you will find it offense, but it will have already been seen by the regulars, and they will know that your actions have caused them to lose a resource.

Again thanx for the positive comments, and I will see some of you on the other boards, maybe they will find more use for the information that I provide.

Cooper

Old 12-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Green Flash
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Would be a Loss to Everyone

I am a satisfied customer of cOop3r, having purchased a part, in great condition, at a very small fraction of the cost of going to the dealer's parts department. He is good one to do business with. And, the main benefit of NAM to me has been to pick up a few parts from members. It would be a loss not to have cOop3r offering parts in the NAM marketplace.

You will still find an article written by cOop3r featured on the other forum, detailing the process of upgrading the R53 brakes in a cost effective manner. I not only received help from the article, but additionally in emails that cOop3r sent to me to help me through the modification process.

I hope there is a way to reverse the decision of the moderator in this case. There is a need to have moderators on a forum to maintain decorum and proper purpose in those using the forum, but the action of denying cOop3r from posting parts for sale is a loss of benefits to members.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Some questions not asked yet: Where are the other moderators when a dispute arises? Does one moderator have despotic sway in decision making or shouldn't these types of issues go before a [board] for a decision? If one moderator can make a hasty decision affecting an individual leaving no recourse, what is the point of having multiple moderators? Does asking questions regarding these apparent dictatorial powers open one up to retribution?

Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 AM
michi1201
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see the "offensive" quote...

...before I can make an informed comment. So far, it sounds as if you've been wronged but we need to see what you wrote to upset the moderator. I respect your quiet tone throughout this exchange of opinions.
J

Originally Posted by c0op3r
Today I received an infraction for stating facts to another member that made a comment about the price of a MINI/Disney collectable that I had offered for sale to the members here (by the way the comment he made was not even correct).

I also was told that I needed to get a "Vendor" agreement with NAM as I have sold MINI parts from parts cars that I have bought, I am not a dealer have no intention of being a dealer. I have offered the parts on the whole at less than the market value.

I have answered many members questions, I have written articles and shared my knowledge with any member here that has asked a question.

So the fact that ONE moderator, has decided to take issue with my membership, and the comments that I made to another member that does not even own a MINI anymore, has made my decision for me.

I was a donating (read: paid a fee)member of the NAM community and shared my knowledge, I have enjoyed all the people here and the information that I have learned, but I think its time to go.

I wish everyone well and of course will still communicate with all the friends that I have made, but the NAM/MINI community will be losing one of its resources, and that is never good.

Goodbye and thanks to everyone.

Cooper

Old 12-30-2014, 06:48 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
For the sake of transparency, I'd like to see some moderators chime in here.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:17 AM
johnjx5
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of curiosity, is there a limit to the number of items/parts you sell through this forum?

Old 12-31-2014, 09:30 AM
TBRoye
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It happens all the time on other forums I have been apart of. Some Mods get power hungry and like to assert their authority, then toss in the PC issue and it gets nasty. I am a member on a Woodworking Forum that had the Mods get very strict and it is now slowly dieing as most of the knowledgeable members have left. I have been warned and have had post removed so I no longer post just lurk and us PM's to discuss things with certain members. I didn't see the Thread in question so I can't comment on it.

Tom

Old 12-31-2014, 09:59 AM
TREX
4th Gear
Well it would be nice if the moderator would comment and at the very least explain exactly what the infraction supposedly was that that resulted in this.
Specifically, What triggers the requirement for a vendors agreement with NAM when selling on this forum?
Many members have sold items on this forum and I would suppose most do not have a vendors agreement.
I would think it appropriate to require a vendors agreement in specific circumstances as long as all those who sell on this site are held to the same level of consistency when requiring a vendors agreement.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:13 AM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
After reading thru this thread, I got curious and read the site guidelines. It's pretty vague what rule the OP broke, number 6 might apply? I suppose buying part cars then parting them out, but that's not specifically spelled out. As others mentioned, NAM really needs to be more specific about selling on here.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/guidelines

Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM
TREX
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AZdsrt
After reading thru this thread, I got curious and read the site guidelines. It's pretty vague what rule the OP broke, number 6 might apply? I suppose buying part cars then parting them out, but that's not specifically spelled out. As others mentioned, NAM really needs to be more specific about selling on here.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/guidelines

All I can see is that you cannot advertise without a vendors agreement, not speaking to selling, just advertising.
I would have interpreted this to mean the advertising of your business, not posting something for sale.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I dont think I wish to be a member of NAM any longer.