General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little scare . . . need part number+

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 05:55 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
A little scare . . . need part number+

So my wife decided today to give herself a little scare. She managed to run over a parking curb onward and onto the side walk. Thankfully the car stopped before hitting a pole and no one was there

She can't quite explain to herself what happened. It sounds like she was moving into a parking spot and for what ever reason did not stop, kept going until the car stopped by itself. She was quite freaked out so I tried to hold back on my instinctive inner frustration (since I knew she was fine) as much as I could. It wasn't easy but it would not have helped anything to let it out other than upset her even more...

Thankfully the damage is minor. The bumper got a very slight scuff mark. I'll just put some touch up paint. But the lower trim (front spoiler) got pushed in and is quite a bit scrapped.

So does anyone know the part number for that front spoiler piece (for a 2nd gen roadster/coupe S)?
And where do you guys think I can get a new front spoiler trim at a modest cost rather then full MINI price?

My wife doesn't feel we should spend the money to fix it but I told her that it matters to me and the more things a wrong with a car the less one cares and things gets worse a lot faster. When you spend the money to fix things it becomes a good incentive not to do it again... (or as soon again )

Last edited by TG.; 04-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:08 PM
gregsmini
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ and put in your Mini information. You can find the Mini part number for your parts here.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
After you find the part number on realoem then check out www.ecstuning.com for pricing.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:44 PM
v10climber
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This thing?

ECS Tuning has it and they're awesome and a forum sponsor.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...225/ES2498894/

Old 04-25-2014, 07:09 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
I guess there were a couple post ? :

Thanks for the mention

Answered here also.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...rt-number.html

Thanks

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-25-2014, 01:55 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Thanks folks. I really appreciate the feedback
I'm away for the week but I'll get to order it before I get back so I won't have to wait long to change it. And yes it's that part.

I initially posted to the car specific section but though afterwards I'd more chances with the general section

Old 04-25-2014, 06:53 PM
TG.
6th Gear
So would you know of the list of the different fasteners and how many I would need? I usually like to replace those especially when they are plastic made...

Old 04-27-2014, 07:06 PM
TG.
6th Gear
@ ECS tunning . . . okay I was about to order parts but for a $167 dollars parts the shipping and handling is a killer, over $110 in shipping and handling. Am I looking at it wrong???

I don't want to put you on the spot but I was a little shocked

At this price I might as well ask my friendly dealer for those parts... and I'll still come under.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:22 PM
v10climber
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TG.
@ ECS tunning . . . okay I was about to order parts but for a $167 dollars parts the shipping and handling is a killer, over $110 in shipping and handling. Am I looking at it wrong???

At this price I might as well ask my friendly dealer for those parts... and I'll still come under.
It's quite a large part. Of course shipping is going to be expensive. Probably worth a call to a few dealers in your area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using NAMotoring

Old 04-27-2014, 07:28 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Originally Posted by v10climber
It's quite a large part. Of course shipping is going to be expensive. Probably worth a call to a few dealers in your area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using NAMotoring
Yes, I get that but still woo, it sounds steep... Yes, I'm going to have to look closer to home at this price. Of course there's just one dealer in my area so I may have to drive a bit away to see where else i can get it for a good price... These kinds of parts are always overpriced to start with... not MINI specific. All makers do it. It's really a shame...

Old 04-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Nicefeet
5th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TG.

ECS = Excessive Costs in Shipping

Old 04-28-2014, 05:19 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Hello,

There was an error on our site, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Go ahead and try it again. If you see something on our site that does not seem right, please send me a PM, and we will get to it asap.

Thanks

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-28-2014, 06:56 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Nicefeet
Ha ha, sorry but that's funny

Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Hello,

There was an error on our site, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Go ahead and try it again. If you see something on our site that does not seem right, please send me a PM, and we will get to it asap.

Thanks
Thank you for the prompt response. I'll take a look as soon as I can. I haven't called anyone else yet
Yes, I'll PM you next time...

Edit: Much more like it
Order placed.
Thank you for your help!

Last edited by TG.; 04-28-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:47 PM
scubbysnacks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicefeet
Too true, I was looking to buy their turbo oil feed pipe up grade and shipping cost to Australia was silly. Even the cost of shipping a tube of oil pan sealer was nuts, they would sell a lot more if they had more than one expensive shipping option.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Well after ECS corrected the site I think shipping came up to be very reasonable for me on this.
Any shipping over seas can be very expensive due to distance, plane, and custom fees.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Hello,

Thanks
It's on its way
Much thanks! we'll see if it gets here by the weekend. That would be great! otherwise it will have to wait for the next but regardless I can't wait to get the MINI back to its "newish" state

Edit:
Not that too many cares but the package has arrived which is great because I'll be able to get to it this Saturday!

Thanks ECS for the speedy delivery!
3rd time I order through ECS with happy results

btw . . . I'm so glad you guys have updated your site so more model can be selected in the search. That helps a lot!

Last edited by TG.; 05-01-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 AM
TG.
6th Gear
The silver lining is that I know have a part to do some vinyl wrap testing for all of the black trims...

Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by TG.
It's on its way
Much thanks! we'll see if it gets here by the weekend. That would be great! otherwise it will have to wait for the next but regardless I can't wait to get the MINI back to its "newish" state

Edit:
Not that too many cares but the package has arrived which is great because I'll be able to get to it this Saturday!

Thanks ECS for the speedy delivery!
3rd time I order through ECS with happy results

btw . . . I'm so glad you guys have updated your site so more model can be selected in the search. That helps a lot!

Thanks for the kind words and a great weekend project.

We have updated our site with the Newest models ( Up to 2014 F56 ) in the drop down and will be adding many more parts.

If you need to update your vehicle selected and saved, under your account screen for us, you can do that now also.

Thanks

Last edited by ECSTuning; 05-01-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:01 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Sigh . . . allright I'm pretty bummed. After removing the front spoiler I uncovered something I wasn't quite ready for. The crash prevention bumper frame got bent (see below). Now I know she hit the pole and that's what stopped her...

Now I really could use some support to help me decide what to do
Nothing else seemed damaged. The IC got close though. All the painted body parts are okay which is amazing considering the bend.

1: It looks like I could put everything back together and pretend it never happened. Visually nothing would really be noticeable. The main upper bumper metal frame has not been affected as far as I can tell.

2: I am a little concerned the frame has being hit enough that in case of an accident it could reduce protection so I may have to change it.

2a: The car is new from this last August and that's a real bummer. I could just take it to the dealer. Have them quote me the repairs and have our insurance take care of it. Ofcourse the car would take a real hit on its value and I would still have to pay for deductible.

2b: It looks like I could also entertain doing the work myself. It does't look too bad to do myself (I very manual) but I'm not familiar with removing the MINI entire front bumper and I'm not quite sure what I'd be getting into yet. Further more I'm having a hard time identifying the metal bumper part frame and I'd need to find information on bolt torque numbers as well...

Anyway, can anyone chirp in and help me out decide what to do...

Name:  Bumperdamage2014April23-wednesday_zps605d9c84.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  Bumperdamage2014April23-wednesday-2_zps39cfa9cb.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  82.9 KB

Old 05-04-2014, 05:12 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It won't take a hit on value. Just document what happened and what was replaced.

I'd be more worried about how much your insurance will go up for the next 3 years for such a minor claim...

Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Originally Posted by richardsperry
I'd be more worried about how much your insurance will go up for the next 3 years for such a minor claim...
Yes, definitely...
I'm going to try fixing this myself.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:23 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Thanks for the kind words and a great weekend project.

We have updated our site with the Newest models ( Up to 2014 F56 ) in the drop down and will be adding many more parts.

If you need to update your vehicle selected and saved, under your account screen for us, you can do that now also.

Thanks
I sent you a PM. Did you ever get it? thx

Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
PM, just got it. PM back. Was not here the other day.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 AM
v10climber
6th Gear
I would just replace it yourself. The bumper isn't hard to take off and torque values won't be difficult to find or ask someone with a Bentley Manual.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:53 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Okay, just parts are on order... next steps, get it, mount it, and turn the page back to fun motoring...

@ECStuning: Much thanks for the info. I pm you back...

Quick Reply: A little scare . . . need part number+