General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple Security Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Security Deposits

Does anyone in-the-know know what the maximum number of MSDs might be on a MINI lease? MINI seems to want to keep this information a secret. None of the salespeople I've talked to know a whole lot about the program and its advantages.

Briefly, each MSD is one month's lease payment paid in advance when you sign up to lease. The money is fully refundable at lease termination even should you wreck the car (as long as your insurance fixes or replaces). On a BMW you can do up to seven MSDs which lowers your remaining monthly payments rather considerably. MY MA, who is really knowledgable and a great guy, was aware that this existed but did not know the maximum amounts. And never called back wit the info.
Even though you technically don't earn interest on the security you pay MINI or BMW the interest you save over the course of the lease is better than putting that same money in a bank. Or so I'm told.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Latka
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Gluhwein
Does anyone in-the-know know what the maximum number of MSDs might be on a MINI lease? MINI seems to want to keep this information a secret. None of the salespeople I've talked to know a whole lot about the program and its advantages. Briefly, each MSD is one month's lease payment paid in advance when you sign up to lease. The money is fully refundable at lease termination even should you wreck the car (as long as your insurance fixes or replaces). On a BMW you can do up to seven MSDs which lowers your remaining monthly payments rather considerably. MY MA, who is really knowledgable and a great guy, was aware that this existed but did not know the maximum amounts. And never called back wit the info. Even though you technically don't earn interest on the security you pay MINI or BMW the interest you save over the course of the lease is better than putting that same money in a bank. Or so I'm told.
I was told we're seven as well. (Hawaii) I don't know enough to know if there could be regional variations though.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
I am shocked that more people haven't commented. I guess MSDs are not commonly put down on MINI leases. My MA still isn't sure of the limit nor his finance person. I guess I'll find out when I actually start putting up the money.