General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Horizon Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did you find the Mini cartoons? I would love to have a combination of your two, SaltNPepa, for my signature. I love the eyelashes on the PW Clubman!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
artfulmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 AM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Great! Thank you!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Lacynpiper from the files listed above I just had to photo shop the cars to look like the ones we have for bits of the cars they have on that sheet.
good luck when is your Hzb MINI comming in?

Old 05-02-2009, 01:30 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Thanks for the tip!

I actually have no idea. My dad ordered it for me a little over a week ago and told me that it would be here sometime in June. Since I am in the midst of my last two weeks of school here at UT, I strongly doubt that he will give me any more information that might distract me from studying. So in maybe 3 weeks I'll find out more. I'll post something as soon as I know more.

Thanks again!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
The blue and only the blue.
Name:  BWBoot.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  105.3 KB

Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 PM
brocky
I live in San Diego, Ca with occasional visits to Los Angeles and I have yet to see a Horizon Blue MINI. I'm going to give the biggest wave I've ever given if I see one on the street. If no one is inside the car I'll even wait til someone gets in their car just so I can wave at them. So glad I got a Horizon Blue! The compliments are endless.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:04 AM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
SaltNPepa, what type of camera do you have? Your pictures are fantastic. Even my heavy-duty Minolta probably couldn't get shots that perfect. Do share your secrets!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lacynpiper
SaltNPepa, what type of camera do you have? Your pictures are fantastic. Even my heavy-duty Minolta probably couldn't get shots that perfect. Do share your secrets!
I am using a Canon xti digital SLR. The images are shot in raw mode to they are very big to start with (4000 X 2400 and around 10 megs each). Here is the above image in color and some other I took on that same day.
Name:  RainBoot.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  109.7 KB

Name:  RainFront.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  109.6 KB

Name:  RainSide.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  68.4 KB
Some like the first car in the field are HDR images(High dynamic range) where you take 3 images at different exposures and blend them.
You can come up with some wild stuff like the image of Mr B. wet or the yellow bike.
Name:  SmallStrongrain.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  smallSideHDRI.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  Yellowbike.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  112.1 KB

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 06-04-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
MiCoopRS
Neutral
HELLO to the Community! NEWBIE.......Be Nice!!

Hi Guys and Gals of the NAM.COM, and Horizon Blue Owners Club!
TODAY i put in my order, well, accepted the ONE that Craig at Crowfoot Mini, in Calgary Alberta, Canada.... Found for me! Days after he sent me the other closest match, I had decided to make an offer, it was too late! It was SOLD. WOW, what depression, or recession? there are people like us out there throwing down COLD HARD CASH.... HARD EARNED! but, we don't blow the high dough on "Just normal cars" we are Unique!! I knew I was already, loving all my MAC stuff, 1 24" iMac, and eMac and a 13.3 MacBook, and apple tv, apple time cap and a host of ipods. So, the MINI, they say is cause we're different!! NOW back to the story, found another "S" Horizon Blue, not too many extras! but, just enuff, ROOF, Sport package, AUTO (For the misses), listened to Mini owners, took the Stone guard and RFT warranty, 1/2 price! I AM so looking forward to it's arrival. It's not got a name yet or I am not sure if it's a Male or Female.... thinking of a cool plate,... like... SMALFRY, or BEAST or UULSGAS. (Ewes Less Gas) Had a 24 hour test drive and get another in a few weeks as the Minicalgary club is doing a get together and ride to Bannf, a whole weekend!! WHOO! Life is Great. Nice to be here!!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Yep, it's official. I have camera envy. I really will have to get a new camera. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
MiCoopRS
Neutral
I had a Canon 20D for the longest time, heavy camera, never missed a shot or took any bad ones! But, time for it to be passed on to someone who is interestedin photography, I am thinking of picking up the New Canon Rebel T1i, it's pretty sweet. And, a lot less expensive than the one I have wanted forever.... the Canon D5.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
djase
1st Gear
I love those pics, SaltNpepa. Looks like you had a nice drive, as well.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Yay! My Mini has been built and is on the "Don Pasquale" on its way over here. It should be at VDC on the 25-26th. It's about a 16 hour drive to Moritz Mini, so maybe it'll be here the first week of June? The wait is killing me!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
I got my Mini yesterday, June 2nd, and I love the color! SaltnPepa, thank you so much for posting pictures of your Horizon Blue Mini. I'm thrilled with my decision.

Last edited by jessicaledw; 06-04-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: wrong picture link
Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 AM
MiCoopRS
Neutral
Wow! Congratulations!! Lacynpiper!!! Really! I ordered mine on MAY9th and have not heard a peep since being told it's on the train from Halifax, car was loaded off the boat from GB (Great Briton), onto the train to travel across CANADA and stop off in Calgary,AB. Then it would be detailed and I'd got pick my LittleBean up!! NO SUCH Case!! I guess LTLBean hid well, and made another trip to VANCOUVER CANADA... Hopefully it has many stories to tell me. I was told it would be loaded onto a flatbed truck and brought back here!! Naughty Car!! Seen the deets on your baby, what does MFSW stand for!! Nice to know.... Hope you enjoy the ride!! I hope I picked the right color as well! Only saw the car in the showroom, so don't know what it's like in the Real World... No Stripes!! White top/Sunroof though!!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:21 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Thanks! MFSW stands for Multi-Function Steering Wheel. If you go to the 1st Gear main page there's a sticky at the top of the list for all of the abbreviations. You'll love your car. I too feel a little jealous that my car has gotten to travel far more than I have, but hopefully I can make up for some of that now!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Congrats lacynpiper you are Hzb #10 The link to you picture seems to be broken. I still come up to my car and say to my self wow that is a great looking car. I have yet to see another Hzb MINI on the road have any of you guys seen another one?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
Where do I send my club application? I picked up my Horizon Blue/Black Clubman S last night!

(some pictures from pickup in the 1st Gear Week 19 thread and in my gallery)

This car is an amazing drive. Just, wow!

Brad

Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
I know. I think that the file size may be too big so I've posted the same pictures in my gallery and I'm going to repost the old ones at a smaller size.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Picture fixed!

Old 06-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Milton Mini
2nd Gear
Picked up my new Horizon Blue S Cabrio last weekend. Planning on a pair of Viper Stipes for the first addition. This is my second mini and I love the real Auto Transmission (last had the CVT). Will post pictures when I figure out how (electronically challenged)
John

Old 06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lacynpiper
Picture fixed!
looks great I love the Blue and White combo. (and your dog)

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 06-04-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bradw
Where do I send my club application? I picked up my Horizon Blue/Black Clubman S last night!

(some pictures from pickup in the 1st Gear Week 19 thread and in my gallery)

This car is an amazing drive. Just, wow!

Brad
All you need is a photo I got you down as #11

Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Milton Mini
Picked up my new Horizon Blue S Cabrio last weekend. Planning on a pair of Viper Stipes for the first addition. This is my second mini and I love the real Auto Transmission (last had the CVT). Will post pictures when I figure out how (electronically challenged)
John
You can upload the pictures to your gallery then use the insert image button or just use the attach file and attach the picture to your post. Whats the code for a Cabrio so I can add you to the club page.

Quick Reply: Official Horizon Blue Owners Club