Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

I have had it with this p.o.s. Car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:59 AM
illbegotten
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cngizbleevng
You're right--this kind of thing happens too often where someone will promise something, but if it's not in the writing of the contract, you have no recourse and shouldn't trust it.
The dealer we bought it from basically refuses to give us our copy. Then they try to not give us needed info to try to file claims if they are not the ones working on the car. Not that it matters, the warranty doesn't cover anything anyway

Old 12-09-2014, 07:02 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by illbegotten
Then they try to not give us needed info to try to file claims if they are not the ones working on the car.

Stipulations for the MINI extended warranty would be it be repaired at a MINI dealer....confused.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:59 AM
TREX
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
Stipulations for the MINI extended warranty would be it be repaired at a MINI dealer....confused.

True, if it was in fact the Mini Cooper CPO extended warranty.
Perhaps they were sold a warranty provided by a contractor outside the Mini Cooper brand. This is not an uncommon practice used by various dealerships. When we bought our Toyota we were sold what we were led to believe was a Toyota policy. Upon discovering it was from an outside contractor we had it canceled and bought one from Toyota (at a different Dealership).
As for getting a written record of your warranty purchase, this is an absolute must.
When we purchased our Mini we negotiated Mini Coopers CPO coverage into the purchase and initially the sales person gave us a print out that showed CPO coverage as "pending". At final closing of the sale I asked for copy of the CPO coverage and the finance manager had the Dealership Manager come in and he told us the printout we were given showing CPO coverage "pending" was all we needed and he signed that portion of the printout to supposedly signify this.
Upon closing on this sale I asked the sales person to send me a finalized copy of the vehicle data sheet that would show the CPO coverage as "active" rather than "pending".
After several reminders the salesman finally sent us the supposedly finalized data sheet but it still had the CPO coverage as pending.
Long story short, we did finally get (after much insistence) a copy of our vehicle data sheet showing the CO coverage as "active".
I feel comfortable that Mini Cooper's "CPO Next" warranty is pretty inclusive in what it covers as details are available on Mini Coopers web site.
But you damn well better get everything in writing and not just trust that Mini Cooper will do what's right, sometimes they do but all too often they will not.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:03 PM
illbegotten
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
No, it can be taken anywhere. I believe it is actually against the law for them to say it has to go to a MINI dealer, no matter who the warranty is with.
Anyway, my problem was actually getting the MINI dealer I bought it from to give information to another MINI dealer.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:36 PM
TREX
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by illbegotten
No, it can be taken anywhere. I believe it is actually against the law for them to say it has to go to a MINI dealer, no matter who the warranty is with.
Anyway, my problem was actually getting the MINI dealer I bought it from to give information to another MINI dealer.

According to Mini USA, you can take your Mini anywhere you wish under the original factory warranty. They will not stand behind any repair using anything other than authorized Mini parts.
However the Mini Next extended warranty does require that all warranty work be performed by an authorized Mini Cooper Dealership in order to be covered under this warranty.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:28 AM
malibujoey
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Got car max extended warranty

Last edited by malibujoey; 11-27-2015 at 02:18 PM.