F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Messages in Office

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:44 PM
jbravo23
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Messages in Office

17 JCW 2 door hardtop with MINI connected... I can't figure out how to get text messages to show up on the center console...

Both my wife and I have iPhones with the MINI connected app installed... connected Bluetooth and with usb...

Any help would be appreciated...

Bravo

Old 12-03-2016, 05:29 PM
rshawgo
Neutral
on the phone:

Settings -> Bluetooth -> click the (i) next to the car and make sure the notifications button is in the ON state. However, the car does not seem to notify me via a sound that the text was received, but a little mail icon will show up on the display.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:10 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rshawgo
on the phone:

Settings -> Bluetooth -> click the (i) next to the car and make sure the notifications button is in the ON state. However, the car does not seem to notify me via a sound that the text was received, but a little mail icon will show up on the display.
That is the correct behavior. You will not get any other notification that you have a message - just the envelope icon.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:37 AM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
I had trouble getting my messages even though the car seemed to be set up to accept them. On your iPhone, go to Settings>Notifications>Messages. Make sure that Allow Notifications and Show in Notification Center is enabled. This is on an iPhone 6s and IOS 10.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:35 PM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
my iphone 5s is synched fine to receive send calls and has my address book but i also do not get a message audible notification from my car and it even makes my phone silent and not play its usual audible message notification, although it still vibrates

i followed the advice and it still does not notify me .....where is that little envelope icon supposed to show itself ?......do i need to turn to the 'Office' to see it or if i am listenng to the radio will an envelope flash on the radio screen somewhere? ( I have the 6.5" connected visual boost screen on my 2016 )

Old 01-17-2017, 03:04 PM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i reset the setting again ....still do not get audible text announcement but now i do see the little envelope right along the top letting me know a text was received ....went into Office clicked on Messages and yea, the text appeared, as text but then clicked on Text to Speech and it played the text for me ...quite cool