F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 JCW interior package with automatic shift

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:53 AM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW interior package with automatic shift

Brief history: I was one of the unlucky few who bought the 2007 cooper S. Couldn't stand the build quality and problems. Also I was staying in apartment and constant attention to car (with me being horribly OCD about cars - people touching, wanting to sit inside etc.) made me sell it within a year. Now I have a garage and can finally work on detailing my car in peace. I have also switched to Lexus. I appreciate the customer service (probably the best I have seen across all premium brands), reliability and quality but miss the fun while driving. Decided to keep any eye on Cooper to see if Mini quality has improved and it seems like with the 3rd generation , after the initial hiccups, it definitely has. So I am considering to take the plunge again. However, this time I would like an automatic because I drive in peak hours a lot.

So here is my question now - has anyone ordered a JCW interior package with an automatic shift? I like the red stitching on the shift **** on manuals . However, when I change the shift to automatic in configurator, it shows standard black cover. If anyone has ordered it and has a pic, I would appreciate it if you can post it here.

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2015, 10:12 AM
pppdxx
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the JCW interior package + automatic. There is no red stitching on the shifter ****.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:03 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
JCW interior on '15S with sport auto

Mine has red stitching on both the steering wheel and the shift ****.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Landspeeder
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I believe that if your car was ordered with the JCW steering wheel (a stand alone option) the shift **** will be stitched in the stock black color. However, if your car was ordered with the complete JCW interior option, you should see the red stitching on both the wheel and **** as well as JCW sill plate trim and some interior badging.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered my car around April 2014 with the JCW interior and no paddle shifters. It ended up coming with the red stitched steering wheel but no stitching on the shift boot (which was also a lower quality vinyl). I took it back to the dealer and they added the part for me. The leather has a nicer feel, red stitching, and there is a nice aluminum collar as well.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:30 PM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Thanks for all the info. It seems earlier production builds didn't come with red-stitched cover on automatic shifter. I just wanted to make sure that I would get it if I order one. Mine will be a 2016 now I guess.

For those who have the shift cover, if its not too much trouble - would love to see how it looks.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:29 PM
Hoopty
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
JCW Shifter

Here is a pic......

Hoopty

Attached Thumbnails JCW interior package with automatic shift-jcw-shifter.jpg  
Old 08-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Pennengr
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like it's time for me to vacuum.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:37 AM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Thanks Hoopty and Pennengr. Definitely looks lot better than the standard cover and package is relatively cheap for the upgrade it offers. Added!

Old 08-23-2015, 10:11 AM
pppdxx
2nd Gear
My 2016 Justa automatic did not come with the JCW shifter. I will be calling MINIUSA tomorrow.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:22 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by pppdxx
My 2016 Justa automatic did not come with the JCW shifter. I will be calling MINIUSA tomorrow.
I ordered my S with the JCW interior package (not just tthe wheel) and I didn't get the red stitching on the **** or boot. Wheel has it and have the badging on the sill plates. I'll contact dealer also. Was part of the package.

Window sticker show $400 upcharge, lists JCW interior pkg then sub lists steering wheel and headliner. Nothing on door sills which mine has, nor the red stitched shifter which mine doesn't. Hmmmmmm

Last edited by USA-RET; 08-23-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 AM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by USA-RET
I ordered my S with the JCW interior package (not just tthe wheel) and I didn't get the red stitching on the **** or boot. Wheel has it and have the badging on the sill plates. I'll contact dealer also. Was part of the package.

Window sticker show $400 upcharge, lists JCW interior pkg then sub lists steering wheel and headliner. Nothing on door sills which mine has, nor the red stitched shifter which mine doesn't. Hmmmmmm
The whole JCW interior package is $600 now. I am not sure if the package has changed since you ordered or due to lack of supply they didn't put it in (and didn't charge). Definitely run it by dealer.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:20 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Car was built in May 2015, maybe they decided since I got the correct AC evaporator, they would omit the red stitching on the shifter. Forgot to mention mine has the SS pedals, and sport seats also.

Configuator shows $400 (for the S) and lists the JCW leather shift **** (when you add it, the stitching is red)

Curious to know the build dates of the guys who got the red stitched shifter.

Crazy, when I use the Config after adding the Wired Pkg and Auto, then add the JCW interior, the shifter doesn't appear to get the red stitching. Without the automatic added the stitching changes to red in the Config. Add the auto the stitching reverts to black.

Last edited by USA-RET; 08-24-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:39 AM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by USA-RET
Car was built in May 2015, maybe they decided since I got the correct AC evaporator, they would omit the red stitching on the shifter. Forgot to mention mine has the SS pedals, and sport seats also.

Configuator shows $400 (for the S) and lists the JCW leather shift **** (when you add it, the stitching is red)

Curious to know the build dates of the guys who got the red stitched shifter.

Crazy, when I use the Config after adding the Wired Pkg and Auto, then add the JCW interior, the shifter doesn't appear to get the red stitching. Without the automatic added the stitching changes to red in the Config. Add the auto the stitching reverts to black.
Sorry, I should have said I was trying to build base cooper not the S version. You are right S version has the package for $400.

Regarding the config, thats the primary reason I wanted to see if people got the red-stitched cover for automatic shifts since it doesn't show in the pic. Keep us updated on the dealer response.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:22 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I think the red stitched boot only comes with JCW int AND the sport automatic transmission.

I have a S with JCW in and the sport auto and mine has the red stitching and the brushed aluminum. The unlock trigger is red too.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:40 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I think the red stitched boot only comes with JCW int AND the sport automatic transmission.

I have a S with JCW in and the sport auto and mine has the red stitching and the brushed aluminum. The unlock trigger is red too.
Interesting. I'll ask the dealer when I bring it in for the vinegar smell from the ac when car is started in the morning. A shame they deny the red stitch unless you spring the extra few hundred $ for the paddle shifter auto. Not like they aren't charging enough for every option you add.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:45 PM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Sport auto is different from regular automatic? I only see automatic and automatic with paddle shifter options. What is interesting is that if you see the image of automatic shifter in the configurator where it shows the option to add, the shifter cover does have red stitching.

This is the problem with offering too many options. There is always confusion about which is what.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:13 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler_vt
Sport auto is different from regular automatic? I only see automatic and automatic with paddle shifter options. What is interesting is that if you see the image of automatic shifter in the configurator where it shows the option to add, the shifter cover does have red stitching.

This is the problem with offering too many options. There is always confusion about which is what.
Yes! Very confusing!

There are three transmissions available for the F5X:
- Manual
- Automatic
- Sport Automatic (only on Cooper S and JCW)

The Sport Auto has faster shifting, adds the paddle shifters and Launch Control.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:38 PM
sjp3003
1st Gear
My auto S was built in nov 2014 with the JCW interior and exterior packages as well as the sport tranny and it included red stitching on the shifter...

Old 08-25-2015, 06:26 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Anyone have the regular MINI or MCS with just the regular Automatic Trans (no paddle shifters) and JWC interior package w/ the red stitch shifter and boot?

Appears the tranny has to be the paddle shifter $1500 selection to get the red accents on the shifter.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:36 AM
chandler_vt
3rd Gear
Yes! Very confusing!

There are three transmissions available for the F5X:
- Manual
- Automatic
- Sport Automatic (only on Cooper S and JCW)

The Sport Auto has faster shifting, adds the paddle shifters and Launch Control.
This brings up another question. How to add sport automatic in config? When I select S version, it gives option of automatic or automatic with paddle shifters. There is no mention of sport automatic or the launch control package. Is it something only dealer can add?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 AM
watchluvr4ever
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler_vt
This brings up another question. How to add sport automatic in config? When I select S version, it gives option of automatic or automatic with paddle shifters. There is no mention of sport automatic or the launch control package. Is it something only dealer can add?
I would assume that with paddle shifter you get the sport auto trans, but I've been wrong before.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:04 AM
pppdxx
2nd Gear
A better question is why we got the standard shifter after specifically ordering the JCW interior package, which should include a JCW leather shifter in addition to the JCW steering wheel, sill plates, stainless steel pedal set, and the option for double cloth stripe seats.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:00 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pppdxx
A better question is why we got the standard shifter after specifically ordering the JCW interior package, which should include a JCW leather shifter in addition to the JCW steering wheel, sill plates, stainless steel pedal set, and the option for double cloth stripe seats.
My guess is because we didn't spring the extra $250 for the paddle shifter automatic we only get the standard boot and shift ****. We are not worthy

Attached Thumbnails JCW interior package with automatic shift-were-not-worthy.jpg  
Old 08-25-2015, 11:22 AM
pppdxx
2nd Gear

I didn't even get the option to spring for the sports automatic as I have the 1.5L 3-cylinder.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 JCW interior package with automatic shift