F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Anyone Order a 2016 F56? (Order Tracking Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 10:07 AM
barmybee
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
F56 jcw

They said it was due to the availability off the Tech Pack? More likely due to the factory planned maintenance shutdown which makes more sense, production due to re-start July.
Given their also promoting the JCW Challenge limited edition (100 units only available in the UK) these units must have been produced before the plant shutdown period given the dealers have been informed of this models availability to buy now. Probably first come first served?

http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/06/...icial-premier/

Last edited by barmybee; 06-19-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:36 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My 'NIGEL' is still in Baltimore VDC, been there since June 7th... :-( Now it is June 20th... Called ASK-MINI today... no idea why it is still at VDC or any indication when it will ship to Ohio... :-/

Old 06-22-2016, 03:52 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Called ASK MINI and called sales manager at dealership this afternoon, still no MINI and no explanations as to why car is still at Baltimore VDC since June 7th.. today it is the 22nd... vehicle has not been 'released to a carrier'... At this point I have a growing sense that either something is defective or something has been damaged... I cannot think of any other reasons for the delays at this point :-(

Old 06-22-2016, 06:42 PM
DRU333
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bgdrewsif
Called ASK MINI and called sales manager at dealership this afternoon, still no MINI and no explanations as to why car is still at Baltimore VDC since June 7th.. today it is the 22nd... vehicle has not been 'released to a carrier'... At this point I have a growing sense that either something is defective or something has been damaged... I cannot think of any other reasons for the delays at this point :-(
Man that's a bummer.... I would be worried about that... I would think some thing got damaged during transport and they are fixing it. I read somewhere that if there is damage they don't have to inform you about it.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:43 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Did you order any accessories, like driving lights, pro-options, etc.? If so, they get installed at the port, and it delays delivery to the dealer. Just a thought.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:55 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 02fanatic
Did you order any accessories, like driving lights, pro-options, etc.? If so, they get installed at the port, and it delays delivery to the dealer. Just a thought.
Just All weather JCW floor mats...

Old 06-23-2016, 02:22 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Another day, still nothing. Called ASK MINI, no information, just that It arrived on the 7th in Baltimore and has not been released to carrier. Called dealership sales manager twice and left messages, no call back. I'm about ready to just walk away and forget about this whole venture. :-/

Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
Another day, still nothing. Called ASK MINI, no information, just that It arrived on the 7th in Baltimore and has not been released to carrier. Called dealership sales manager twice and left messages, no call back. I'm about ready to just walk away and forget about this whole venture. :-/
Hang in there! I'm sure it'll be done soon. Mine was in port for a week before going out to sea and the wait was killing me, so I know how you feel.

I asked for JCW side stripes. Do you think those are installed in port? I wonder how long that might take. It couldn't take long for the to be installed.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:31 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jax_myers
Hang in there! I'm sure it'll be done soon. Mine was in port for a week before going out to sea and the wait was killing me, so I know how you feel.

I asked for JCW side stripes. Do you think those are installed in port? I wonder how long that might take. It couldn't take long for the to be installed.
My vehicle has been at the VDC since June 7th... was supposed to arrive at Dealership on 10th, then the 13th. No one can tell me any reason why it has not been delivered and I am unable to get anyone to bother to return a phone call or e-mail. For a $30,000 new vehicle I ought to at least be able to get a call back...

Old 06-23-2016, 03:51 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
I know i'm just being neurotic at this point... but the waiting and the uncertainty are driving me bonkers...

Old 06-24-2016, 08:10 AM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
I know i'm just being neurotic at this point... but the waiting and the uncertainty are driving me bonkers...
I know exactly how you feel. I'm so much more at peace with my car lazily cruising across the atlantic when I can check on its location at any time, but for that week when it was sitting in port with no updates I was going crazy. I bet you will be getting it any day now and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. Which model is it again?

Old 06-24-2016, 08:46 AM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
. I bet you will be getting it any day now and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. Which model is it again?
Still at port.... 2016 hardtop 2-door

Old 06-24-2016, 09:47 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Just to put things in perspective....
Last year I ordered a 2015 JCW standard. Tracked the car. It sat on the dock for 14 days and seemed to get loaded then unloaded twice...anyway finally showed up at the dealer and I received the call. They could not get the car out of "transportation mode" and would have to order a "vin" specific part from Germany. 2 weeks later they were shipped the wrong part....happened 3 times over 6 weeks. Eventually I told them to order me a new one...so the whole process started again.
Missed the first boat...etc...finally got it....it was so worth the wait...took 6 months to get a car but it is a 2016 and completely bug free!

Old 06-24-2016, 03:13 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
Just to put things in perspective....
Last year I ordered a 2015 JCW standard. Tracked the car. It sat on the dock for 14 days and seemed to get loaded then unloaded twice...anyway finally showed up at the dealer and I received the call. They could not get the car out of "transportation mode" and would have to order a "vin" specific part from Germany. 2 weeks later they were shipped the wrong part....happened 3 times over 6 weeks. Eventually I told them to order me a new one...so the whole process started again.
Missed the first boat...etc...finally got it....it was so worth the wait...took 6 months to get a car but it is a 2016 and completely bug free!
Ugh... I would have just ran out in front of traffic on the freeway to put myself out of my misery about halfway through all of that...

Old 06-25-2016, 01:50 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Spoke to sales manager on phone this afternoon... *maybe* get it on truck and in Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning...

Old 06-27-2016, 02:41 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
::sigh:: So I called the dealership sales manager for the 10th time today and he informed me that my MINI at the Vehicle Distribution Center has a busted window and that they are trying to replace it and that is why my NEW $29,000+ Mini has been at the VDC since June 7th... 20 days... I tried to absorb that bad news between my lunch break and that last few hours at work and then composed this e-mail to my Motoring Advisor. I have redacted names and personal information, please read and tell me what you think, thanks!

Greetings MOTORING ADVISOR ,

I am sure you have been informed by your sales manager, NAME, of the issues that have led to the 3-week delivery delay of my new Mini. Apparently one of the windows was broken while in transit and technicians at the VDC in Baltimore are attempting to replace the window and repair any related damages. This issue creates a number of serious issues relating to both the value of the vehicle and the probability of long-term durability and reliability issues. Even the best replacment or repair efforts are never fully equal to the original first-build assembly. Depending on which window is damaged, there are numerous parts and systems involved including but not limited to: window trim and gaskets, cauking and seals, mechanical and electric parts related to the power windows, electical components involving electric defrost/de-icing components, and numerous other components too numerous to include in this list. Because of these serious issues, I would not be willing to purchase this damaged vehicle without a few dealership concessions that I belive to be both fair and reasonable.

First and most importantly, I want one of two possible financial arrangements. Option one is to have $3500.00 taken off of the MSRP pricing to reflect the diminished value and possible long-term quality issues related to this replacement/repair AND have your dealership include an extended warranty plan at no additional cost. OR option two would be to have $4000.00 taken off of the MSRP of the vehicle and I will shop around to every dealership in 500 miles and purchase the extended warranty on my own from whichever dealership offers it at the best price. When I first came to your dealership, MINI was offering $4000 off remaining new 2015 vehicles. If MINI could afford to discount a new undamaged vehicle by $4000 (and still make a healthy profit off of the vehicle), then they can certainly afford to take $3500+warranty or $4000 off of a new, *fully loaded*, but damaged 2016 vehicle and also still make a good profit (and a good commission for you!)

Secondly, I would like the JCW all-weather front seat floormats I ordered included at no additional cost.

Lastly, I would like to receive a set of JCW sun-shades for the rear hatch and rear side windows at no additional cost.

With these options, I will still be willing to trade in my current vehicle, a 2007 Toyota Yaris, at the previously agreed-to value of $2500.00 and I will put down an additional $9000.00 cash towards the purchase price of the new (but now damaged) 2016 Mini Cooper.

If your sales manager is not willing to work with either of these options, I will unfortunately have to elect to not purchase a Mini vehicle at this time. I want to purchase a new vehicle, however, I do not need to purchase a new vehicle. My current vehicle, while not exciting to drive, is fully functional and completely paid off.

I hope to be able to finalize the purchase of this vehicle with you and your sales manager this week. I look forward to hearing back from either yourself or as soon as possible. Again my e-mail is ADDRESS and my mobile number is NUMBER .

Thank you,

MY NAME

Last edited by bgdrewsif; 06-27-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
That's a great letter, are you perhaps in the legal field? I'm curious if they go for that, assessing a value of loss without any facts other than knowing it had a broken window.

Best of luck, hoping my wife's new one avoids that kind of issue. Her current ride is dieselgated.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:42 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
That's a great letter, are you perhaps in the legal field? I'm curious if they go for that, assessing a value of loss without any facts other than knowing it had a broken window.

Best of luck, hoping my wife's new one avoids that kind of issue. Her current ride is dieselgated.
No, I have a Bachelor of Science in Education, but I am currently working for an automotive parts supplier in Ohio. What is 'dieselgated'?

Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Tomorrow VW and the courts announce a proposed settlement about cheating the EPA pollution testing. More than likely we will be letting them buy the car back and pay us a penalty for being cheating scumbags.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:38 AM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Tomorrow VW and the courts announce a proposed settlement about cheating the EPA pollution testing. More than likely we will be letting them buy the car back and pay us a penalty for being cheating scumbags.
Ohh.. I was perplexed because I thought you were referring to a diesel MINI vehicle, and I was not aware of such a model. I have been vaguely following the VW diesel drama. It has done major damage to their reputation and sales here in the US. I used to drive a 2002 New Beetle and while I enjoyed the vehicle, the dealership I had to deal with was a major pain in the wazoo. I vowed I would never get a VW again.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:46 AM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
::sigh:: So I called the dealership sales manager for the 10th time today and he informed me that my MINI at the Vehicle Distribution Center has a busted window and that they are trying to replace it and that is why my NEW $29,000+ Mini has been at the VDC since June 7th... 20 days...
I have read that it is normal for minor damage to occur during shipping and it's the VDC's job to repair the damage and this wouldn't mean that just because a car is repaired at the VDC it will be sold at a reduced price.

According to this blog,
"If the car suffers damage in excess of 3% of it’s value it has to be disclosed to the dealer. As I understand it, if BMW replaced the engine in your car at the VDC, that would not have to be disclosed to the dealer. This is because all BMW parts are being used and installed to BMW spec. However, repaired body damage (something on the order of the MINI’s roof, not like a replaced bumper cover) would be declared to the dealer."
http://www.bmwblog.com/2006/12/22/di...m-the-factory/

I do hope you get some compensation though because 20 days to replace one window is a long time! I guess this is the price we pay for buying cars overseas...

Old 06-28-2016, 09:21 AM
ShadowImg
1st Gear
It's true, and normal for all cars shipped. Gotta think about what all is going on, and something like a broken window is an easy one.

They don't owe you anything for it - technically you haven't even bought the car yet, it was just ordered by the dealer to your specs. You're not "out" anything either, so don't freak out too much.

Good part is they're making it right, and it's better done by the VDC (port service crew) than the dealer, so they caught it at the right end too. The port teams tend to be much closer to a factory level tech setup.

Just when it comes in to the dealer, make sure you find out what window(s), and inspect closely around it for any damage.

Remember, you haven't taken delivery of anything, you have no obligation - if it's damaged and not fixed perfectly, you don't have to take the car.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:09 PM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
Ohh.. I was perplexed because I thought you were referring to a diesel MINI vehicle, and I was not aware of such a model. I have been vaguely following the VW diesel drama. It has done major damage to their reputation and sales here in the US. I used to drive a 2002 New Beetle and while I enjoyed the vehicle, the dealership I had to deal with was a major pain in the wazoo. I vowed I would never get a VW again.
Try this:

https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts/

Enter the last 8 of your VIN and you can see whether your car has been loaded onto a truck yet. I found my local Mini dealer by entering the VIN of a car they had for sale, so it definitely works for me. I am going to be checking this one my car makes landfall to see how long it takes to clear the VDC.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:04 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
I do hope you get some compensation though because 20 days to replace one window is a long time! I guess this is the price we pay for buying cars overseas...
Apparently its still at the vdc... 22+ days now

Old 06-29-2016, 05:32 PM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
Apparently its still at the vdc... 22+ days now
:(

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Anyone Order a 2016 F56? (Order Tracking Thread)