F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 The Deed is done.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 06:33 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
The Deed is done.

Just ordered a new F56 Cooper S today.

Got the deal I wanted with my trade and few extra buck$ off to get me where I wanted as far as cash out of pocket.

Surprising we didn't get low-balled on our trade. When they came back with a figure I actually thought we could make it work, and we did.

Special ordered the car as they had nothing close to what we wanted on the lot. Dealer said they had one 2dr S HT allocation open at the factory and were able to use it and configure our car as we wanted. Hopefully have it in 8 weeks. We got a product number and an order status of 112.

I wonder if Mini (like GM) lets you check your car status online.

Thanks to all the membership for answering my questions and guiding me along the way. I maybe didn't order they exact car others would want, but I am secure in knowing what I ordered is what we wanted based on feedback I received when asking about particular items or features.

Wife is pretty excited as this is the car she has always longed for, although when we go out I usually drive (yay!)

So here's our new Mini as we configured it:

Cooper S 2 Dr HT (wider doors make entry and exit much easier to the front seats then the 4 dr Ht (which we originally considered.)

Color Thunder Gray Met
White Roof and mirrors
Black Bonnet Stripes
(we plan to have some red accents added by a local graphic shop after we take delivery. We like red accent stripe on the JCW bonnet stripe, so we are going for that and also doing the chrome color cross-piece on the grill to be painted red (like the JCW model)

Wired Package (Navigation, enhanced BT, connected and visual boost)
JCW Interior package (double stripe black cloth sport seats)
Storage Package
17" Silver Tentacle Spoke wheels
6 speed auto (no paddles)
Dynamic Damper Control (for the 10% softer ride)
HK sound system
Sirius XM

MSRP $31,500

Here's a thumbnail of the car as configured:

Attached Thumbnails The Deed is done.-my_mini_desktop.jpg  
Old 04-17-2015, 06:52 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Sounds like an awesome build! Congrats! Now the wait....

Your MINI is very trackable - visit this thread for details:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

Some of the information is older, but most of it holds up. A tip: if you have a good MA, they are a great resource, but many have no idea how to track. Expect to do a lot of sleuthing yourself, but that's part of the fun!

Can't wait to see pictures of it soon!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
Your order

Originally Posted by USA-RET
Just ordered a new F56 Cooper S today.

Got the deal I wanted with my trade and few extra buck$ off to get me where I wanted as far as cash out of pocket.

Surprising we didn't get low-balled on our trade. When they came back with a figure I actually thought we could make it work, and we did.

Special ordered the car as they had nothing close to what we wanted on the lot. Dealer said they had one 2dr S HT allocation open at the factory and were able to use it and configure our car as we wanted. Hopefully have it in 8 weeks. We got a product number and an order status of 112.

I wonder if Mini (like GM) lets you check your car status online.

Thanks to all the membership for answering my questions and guiding me along the way. I maybe didn't order they exact car others would want, but I am secure in knowing what I ordered is what we wanted based on feedback I received when asking about particular items or features.

Wife is pretty excited as this is the car she has always longed for, although when we go out I usually drive (yay!)

So here's our new Mini as we configured it:

Cooper S 2 Dr HT (wider doors make entry and exit much easier to the front seats then the 4 dr Ht (which we originally considered.)

Color Thunder Gray Met
White Roof and mirrors
Black Bonnet Stripes
(we plan to have some red accents added by a local graphic shop after we take delivery. We like red accent stripe on the JCW bonnet stripe, so we are going for that and also doing the chrome color cross-piece on the grill to be painted red (like the JCW model)

Wired Package (Navigation, enhanced BT, connected and visual boost)
JCW Interior package (double stripe black cloth sport seats)
Storage Package
17" Silver Tentacle Spoke wheels
6 speed auto (no paddles)
Dynamic Damper Control (for the 10% softer ride)
HK sound system
Sirius XM

MSRP $31,500

Here's a thumbnail of the car as configured:
Great choices. I have the cloth JCW interior and the seats are very comfortable on long rides, even when cold or hot.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:56 AM
pjsjr13
4th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Sounds and looks like a nice build. Good choice on the JCW interior.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:19 AM
carman63
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your order. Sounds like a nice build. Good idea on adding the red accents. Did you happen to get the red color line on the interior?

Someone else posted a link to the thread on tracking your MINI. Pro tip: the Owners Lounge seems to be delayed a bit sometimes. Calling ASK-MINI or your salesperson should be able to get you more up-to-date info.

Keep us posted!

Old 04-18-2015, 06:40 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by carman63
Congrats on your order. Sounds like a nice build. Good idea on adding the red accents. Did you happen to get the red color line on the interior?

Someone else posted a link to the thread on tracking your MINI. Pro tip: the Owners Lounge seems to be delayed a bit sometimes. Calling ASK-MINI or your salesperson should be able to get you more up-to-date info.

Keep us posted!
Ya know, I did configure the red line on the inside, but wife thought it was a bit over the top, so we stuck with the matching black. She has a better "fashion eye" that me. Is her car after all.

Going to do a red and black carpet in place of the standard mats. I know the guys said the JCW mats are not of high quality, but I really like them when I saw them in a car. No kids, no pets and no snow, so they would probably last as long as we need them to.

I'll add the JCW interior rear view mirror cover as we think it's a nice touch when viewed from the front of the car.

We were going to go with the JCW scuttle surrounds and gray and black checkered mirrors. After seeing both we opted out. The white mirrors look fine. We saw some examples of the checkered mirror caps at mini and thought they looked exceptionally plasticy (especially at their price point).

I think we will have our graphics guy look at adding a touch of red vinyl around the side scuttles. Something a little smaller than the plastic surround Mini sells. Most probably a red and gray checkered pattern to match the other red accents we are adding.

Really stoked about this purchase. Hope we made the right choice in down sizing from a Santa Fe. If not, we can always trade for something else. After all, life is nothing be a series of choices.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Congrats on the order, looks like a nice configuration.

8 weeks will fly by and you'll be having fun motoring soon.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:40 AM
MINIAC
6th Gear
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
Congrats on your order ... looks like you decided not to get the JCW Exterior Package.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:47 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You can put your VIN in the BMW VIN decoder https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...n-decoder.html, get the vehicle status from the zombie owner's lounge, check your car's VIN with the shipping company, watch the ship leave Britain. follow the ship as it leaves Europe and when it gets close to North America, watch it slowly enter port.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:51 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIAC
Congrats on your order ... looks like you decided not to get the JCW Exterior Package.
Yeah, I did drop it. When I looked at the cost and what I was getting I couldn't justify the $1250 for a spoiler and the Areo kit. Fortunately they had a car w/ the JCW exterior package parked next to one without. Looking at the front and rear of the two cars, I again, couldn't justify the cost as both cars looked good to my eye. Asked the wife if she had a preference and she didn't (in fact until I pointed out the differences between the two she didn't notice one had the package and the other didn't. So in that case, added what IMO opinion is better looking wheel 17" x 7" alloy wheels Tentacle Spokes) for $750 and saved the balance.

Originally Posted by hammerhands
You can put your VIN in the BMW VIN decoder https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...n-decoder.html, get the vehicle status from the zombie owner's lounge, check your car's VIN with the shipping company, watch the ship leave Britain. follow the ship as it leaves Europe and when it gets close to North America, watch it slowly enter port.
Thanks much for the info. Dealer said we should have a VIN shortly, so I can start tracking. For us the Car gets delivered to GA. and then trucked to SW Florida.

Also have to get with USAA and see what rebate I can get. Dealer said he thought an additional $500 on the 2 Dr HT. I'll check and get the certificate to cash in when the car arrives.

Happy household here today.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:14 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the family. I loved my R56, but my F56 is even better. Enjoy!

Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 PM
MandB
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great and congratulations! I would also encourage, as others have, to check that link on how to track! The "production order number" is really just the start....the all important VIN is when things really start getting interesting! Recognize that due to increased production, some of these cars come out of Oxford while others come from NEDCAR in Born, Holland. From what I've seen so far, and maybe it's just coincidence, many of the 3 cylinder models ( non S ) are coming from Born while the S models seem to come from Oxford. Check that all important "7th to last digit" in your VIN....if it's a "T" or a "2", I believe it's Oxford. A "3" and it's Holland. That will impact your shipping routes of course and can be verified by checking directly with the shipping line website mentioned in that tracking link. WW (wallenius willhelmsen) is very user friendly and also encompasses ARC vessels as well. It's the KLine boats that are more difficult to track down.
All super fun stuff! Let the investigative work (FUN) begin!