F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:47 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo
psdzdata - if you go the mhhauto route you'll have 26 links to 26 rar files. OR - (if you're familiar with torrents)
For basic fdl coding you only need the PSdzData lite files Version 2.54.1 is the newest version

Last edited by DarkBlue15MCS; 12-02-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/ will show you all the known codes and what to set them to.

as for cryptic...once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite simple. keep in mind it's all LITERALLY in german, so the docx fill is really needed.
the codes are broken down into sections. in the .docx file you'll see that, for example,turning off seat belt reminder is:
ACSM
Turn Off Seat-Belt Reminder Chimes:
3000  SeatBeltReminder_Fahrer = nicht_aktiv
3000  SeatBeltReminder_Beifahrer = nicht_aktiv

so you go to ACSM, load up the CAFD file and edit it. when you open that up you'll see a list of numbers. look for 3000, open that up and you'll see a tons of more options. look for "SeatBeltReminder_Fahrer". open that up and you'll most likely see it set to "activ". edit and chose "nicht_aktiv" from the drop-down menu. save and apply and that's it.
Thats a great resource for the guides. I haven't seen that site yet. I filtered through all the bmw guides to see what worked and what didn't. Having a dedicated F56 great is great!

Old 12-02-2014, 10:53 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hp79
I see. Thanks. I'm still waiting on my $4 ODB to Ethernet jack adapter shipped from China.

I wonder if I can disable AC automatically turning on when air is directed towards the windshield. (stupid lawmakers thinking everyone is an idiot in the U.S.) Is the coding mostly very cryptic and hard to recognize what does what?
Why would you want to turn the AC off when in defrost mode?

Old 12-02-2014, 10:55 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anyone know if Bluetooth audio streaming can be added for the basic radio models?

Not really related and this is probably a bug but every time I turn on my car, my phone is connected through Bluetooth and it starts showing "in call for x:xx" and keeps counting ini the center display. I can't play music through USB or radio or anything unless I make a call and hangup. Then the "in call" message stops and behaves normal. It's so annoying I unpaired my phone. I have a Note3 n900a by the way.

edit: This was caused by my ROM on the phone that got weird. It was fixed after re-flashing my phone.

Last edited by hp79; 12-11-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:55 AM
r33
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R33, i have a question. since i simply ordered the most basic radio, i have bluetooth phone only capabilities. this shows up as 6ND in my VO settings. the instructions specifically note that you can go from 6NH to 6NS to enable enhanced bluetooth. do you know if i can go from 6ND to 6NS? more importantly, any concern over doing this? i've confirmed this won't enable my voice activated module but it should enable A2DP audio over bluetooth.
I believe on Mini there is no 6NS. I just looked in the parts catalog, the only option is between 6ND and 6NE.

I see. Thanks. I'm still waiting on my $4 ODB to Ethernet jack adapter shipped from China.

I wonder if I can disable AC automatically turning on when air is directed towards the windshield. (stupid lawmakers thinking everyone is an idiot in the U.S.) Is the coding mostly very cryptic and hard to recognize what does what?
Not sure if that will work. I believe the wiring to the pin out different with a regular OBDII.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:57 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DarkBlue15MCS
I don't want to turn AC off in defrost mode, I just want it to not turn on automatically when I direct air to the windshield. Most of the times for me, just blowing air to the windshield is enough to prevent fogging.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:01 AM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by r33
I believe on Mini there is no 6NS. I just looked in the parts catalog, the only option is between 6ND and 6NE.
this is what i get for spending too much time in the bimmer forums. let's me re-ask then. do you see any VO change/addition i can do given i have 6ND only. my ultimate goal is to enable A2DP and it really seems doable, just figuring out the right option to add.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:02 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by r33

Not sure if that will work. I believe the wiring to the pin out different with a regular OBDII.
I think it'll work fine. It's a basic wiring harness with one 500 Ohm resistor in it. I thought of building it myself, but then I can't beat the $5 price. Oh, and the one I ordered is not a regular ODB2 reader, it's actually a ODB to ENET for use with e-sys.
I don't think there's a normal ODB2 reader with an Ethernet for reading ODB2 codes. I've seen bluetooth, wifi, serial ports, USB, but not Ethernet ones.

This is what I bought. It's actually $5 not $4. lol.

edit: Works fine!

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-screen-shot-2014-12-02-at-11.03.55-am.jpg  

Last edited by hp79; 12-11-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:34 AM
r33
1st Gear
this is what i get for spending too much time in the bimmer forums. let's me re-ask then. do you see any VO change/addition i can do given i have 6ND only. my ultimate goal is to enable A2DP and it really seems doable, just figuring out the right option to add.
I believe 6NE is what you need to enable the A2DP. Give it a try, it just won't work at the worst case scenario and just revert it back to 6ND.
I wish I have the same option where I can try it for you.

I think it'll work fine. It's a basic wiring harness with one 500 Ohm resistor in it. I thought of building it myself, but then I can't beat the $5 price. Oh, and the one I ordered is not a regular ODB2 reader, it's actually a ODB to ENET for use with e-sys.
I don't think there's a normal ODB2 reader with an Ethernet for reading ODB2 codes. I've seen bluetooth, wifi, serial ports, USB, but not Ethernet ones.

This is what I bought. It's actually $5 not $4. lol.
That seems to be right.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:01 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Don't know about you, but when my windshield is frozen the letters AC don't jump into my mind. That's weird the car does that by default. There are some aspects of the F56 I'm glad I don't have.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Don't know about you, but when my windshield is frozen the letters AC don't jump into my mind. That's weird the car does that by default. There are some aspects of the F56 I'm glad I don't have.
Most cars do this

Old 12-02-2014, 12:20 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
No, this is one of those stupid things that are done by law in U.S.. All cars built after some year have this. Even if the AC light is not on, it's actually running. You can look at the rpm gauge or load levels if you use a ODB reader. I don't like that because I always try to dry out the vents every time I use AC, another reason I rarely use AC.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:48 PM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
No, this is one of those stupid things that are done by law in U.S.. All cars built after some year have this. Even if the AC light is not on, it's actually running. You can look at the rpm gauge or load levels if you use a ODB reader. I don't like that because I always try to dry out the vents every time I use AC, another reason I rarely use AC.
What ticks me off even more with this set-up, is that the car will stay in the mode with the A/C engaged until the ignition is turned off. I was able to defeat this in my 04 Nissan PU but I've been unable to in my 09 Tacoma, but am looking forward to doing it in the Mini. Not only is just moving air sufficient 90% of the time to clear your windshield, the lack of power consumption in having the A/C compressor off, has got to contribute to improved gas mileage.

OK I'm off the soap box again

Old 12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
What ticks me off even more with this set-up, is that the car will stay in the mode with the A/C engaged until the ignition is turned off. I was able to defeat this in my 04 Nissan PU but I've been unable to in my 09 Tacoma, but am looking forward to doing it in the Mini. Not only is just moving air sufficient 90% of the time to clear your windshield, the lack of power consumption in having the A/C compressor off, has got to contribute to improved gas mileage. OK I'm off the soap box again

Hey if you figure all this out I'm gonna have to pay you a visit and play around with it.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 PM
UticaProf
1st Gear
I don't know the answer to that but I understand the need. I drug my desktop out closer to the garage, my laptop is on the fritz.
I did enable the lights on reverse, but really can't see that it matters much.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 PM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by VYPUR
Hey if you figure all this out I'm gonna have to pay you a visit and play around with it.
I'm gonna get it. There ain't been a "steenking computer" that's beat me yet. Question is whether the car is still around when I get it or has it rusted away. I'll keep you posted. You can stop by and have a cold one while we tweak our Minis brains out!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:48 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
I'm gonna get it. There ain't been a "steenking computer" that's beat me yet. Question is whether the car is still around when I get it or has it rusted away. I'll keep you posted. You can stop by and have a cold one while we tweak our Minis brains out!
Sounds like a plan.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:39 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by UticaProf
I did enable the lights on reverse, but really can't see that it matters much.
Agree, but it looks cool!

E-Sys is a little overwhelming at first but once your start playing around it becomes much easier. Now if only they would add a option to auto translate the German to English under the FA it would be awesome! Wonder if the U.S. dealers have a cheat sheet next to the computers when coding or if they have just been around it so much they know the translations.

Last edited by CooperB; 12-03-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:15 AM
fatherfork
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
...Wonder if the U.S. dealers have a cheat sheet next to the computers when coding or if they have just been around it so much they know the translations.
My dealer doesn't have E-sys. I wanted them to make some changes and they said they could, but they hooked it up yesterday and didn't have any options to change. The software they have is just for diagnostics and updates. My dealer is only a couple months old, so perhaps they just haven't gotten around the tinkering with their system, but they definitely don't have E-sys-like capabilities.

So I ordered a cable and downloaded all the necessary files to do it myself. The cable should be here this week.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:37 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Agree, but it looks cool!

E-Sys is a little overwhelming at first but once your start playing around it becomes much easier. Now if only they would add a option to auto translate the German to English under the FA it would be awesome! Wonder if the U.S. dealers have a cheat sheet next to the computers when coding or if they have just been around it so much they know the translations.
Even translated it doesn't make much sense.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:00 PM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Even translated it doesn't make much sense.
I'm going to dump all the FDL coding to a word document and then run it though a translator at some point. There are thousands of lines of code... the handful of options that have been published only scratches the surface on what can be coded.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:34 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Could someone provide that text? I'm eager to look through it.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:52 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
For anyone looking to code windows up, sunroof close, and mirrors fold in (if you have the power fold mirrors option) from the keyfob and/or comfort access button the guide published is not accurate. My working code is below.

Code:
BDC

3056 -> KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB  = Set Aktiv 
3056 -> KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN  = Set Aktiv
3110 -> ASP_BEIKLAPPEN = Set Aktiv
3110 -> ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = Set Aktiv
3110 -> ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = Set Aktiv
The guide tells you to adjust some WERTE values, this is NOT necessary. Do not change any of the WERTE values once you set the 5 options above as active (Aktiv). Save your coding, key cycle the vehicle and it should work. Of note, you press the lock button once on the keybob to lock the doors, press and hold again once locked until all your windows/sunroof close. You do not need comfort acces for this to work, however, if you have this option installed you can use the door button to accomplish what I am doing on my keybob. If you don't have power fold mirrors don't expect them to fold in on lock and out on unlock.

Hopefully this helps if your having issues getting this to work. I'm using E-Sys 2.26 and PSdZData 2.54.1 (lite). If you're only coding FDL (i.e. don't want to flash your ECU or adjust factory installed options from FA/VO) you don't need the full version of PSdZdata.

Last edited by CooperB; 12-04-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:37 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
For anyone looking to code windows up, sunroof close, and mirrors fold in (if you have the power fold mirrors option) from the keyfob and/or comfort access button the guide published is not accurate. My working code is below. BDC 3056 -> KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = Set Aktiv 3056 -> KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN = Set Aktiv 3110 -> ASP_BEIKLAPPEN = Set Aktiv 3110 -> ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = Set Aktiv 3110 -> ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = Set Aktiv The guide tells you to adjust some WERTE values, this is NOT necessary. Do not change any of the WERTE values once you set the 5 options above as active (Aktiv). Save your coding, key cycle the vehicle and it should work. Of note, you press the lock button once on the keybob to lock the doors, press and hold again once locked until all your windows/sunroof close. You do not need comfort acces for this to work, however, if you have this option installed you can use the door button to accomplish what I am doing on my keybob. If you don't have power fold mirrors don't expect them to fold in on lock and out on unlock. Hopefully this helps if your having issues getting this to work. I'm using E-Sys 2.26 and PSdZData 2.54.1 (lite). If you're only coding FDL (i.e. don't want to flash your ECU or adjust factory installed options from FA/VO) you don't need the full version of PSdZdata. Video Link: http://youtu.be/mB-5wRTxG6Q
The werte value on one of those changes the delay after you press the button. I don't have my notes in front of me for which werte value to change

Old 12-04-2014, 08:38 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hammerhands
Could someone provide that text? I'm eager to look through it.
Are you talking about all the coding in the car or just confirmed working coding?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming