F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:00 PM
JCByrdman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface

Picked it up on Saturday. Melting Silver / Melting Silver with comfort access, technology package (XL) and all the goodies except park assist and heads up display.

The touch screen interface was a surprise. The navigation is very different than the 2016 loaner I got. In fact, this was the first Mini that Inskip had that came with this setup.

Looks like it might be ready for Apple's Car Play (I believe it needs a software update to accomplish that but for everything else, its pretty sweet).

The screen has just the right amount of glossiness to dullness factor that you can't really see all the fingerprints (even when the unit is off).

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface-img_0661.jpg   2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface-img_0664.jpg   2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface-img_0666.jpg   2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface-img_0667.jpg   2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface-img_0669.jpg  

2017 Clubman Cooper S All4 with touch screen interface-img_0670.jpg  

Last edited by JCByrdman; 12-06-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
jbiancolli
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JCByrdman
Picked it up on Saturday. Melting Silver / Melting Silver with comfort access, technology package (XL) and all the goodies except park assist and heads up display.

The touch screen interface was a surprise. The navigation is very different than the 2016 loaner I got. In fact, this was the first Mini that Inskip had that came with this setup.
The
Looks like it might be ready for Apple's Car Play (I believe it needs a software update to accomplish that but for everything else, its pretty sweet).

The screen has just the right amount of glossiness to dullness factor that you can't really see all the fingerprints (even when the unit is off).

I received my 2017 Clubman around 6 weeks ago. It came with no touchscreen. Just the center dial by the shifter

Old 12-07-2016, 08:08 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Thanks for the info, I have seen it, but have not used it yet. It looks to be easier to use.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-07-2016, 08:30 AM
dscabrio
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice Clubman. Congrats!

Look like they are sneaking in the touchscreen version. Did it show up on your build order? I am impatiently waiting on a JCW Clubman that also has the touchscreen system. Does yours have the wireless charging option also? Look forward to your impressions.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:38 PM
vizcat
1st Gear
Production Date?

What's the production date on your F54? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and has a production date of 9/21. I wonder if I made the touchscreen cut off.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 AM
dscabrio
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Likely would be on your build list if you have access to it. 6NT - MINI Connected 5, 609 -Touchscreen Navigation System, 6NW - Wireless Device Charging.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:47 AM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NO WAY!!! I hate iDrive compared to a touchscreen. Well that sucks! My 2016 is only 6 months old and it's XL screen is already obsolete!

Old 12-08-2016, 04:28 PM
JCByrdman
1st Gear
No, it was just the regular Navigation XL that I ordered. I was shocked (as well as the dearer) when this arrived with it in place.

Yes, this also comes with wireless charging. I read that both of these were being phased in across the product lines. My build was on the second week of November. I will have to find the sheet to know what day exactly.

The only draw back so far, is that for some reason the backup screen no longer has the guide lines on it. I'm not sure if that was only for the option of Park Assist (which I did not get because, I can parallel park with the best of them).

The more time I spend with it I find I am using the iDrive interface on the console, less and less and the touch screen more and more. There is a audible feedback when selecting items as well and the home "button" pulls up the last tasks.
The "!" icon on the screen near the time and wireless signal also displays detailed information when pressed.

The animations are awesome (like when you go to green or sport mode). The owners manual also shows videos (I don't recall if it did that before) but you can now touch a category and it will open to those videos.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:36 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Touchscreen navigation started with November production. Your build sheet will call it out and it will come with wireless charging.

...speaking of which, can you post pictures of the wireless charging setup?

For the rear view cam guidelines, they are usually off from the factory. Throw it in reverse so the camera image appears and the option to turn the guidelines on should be on the side.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:59 PM
SR2017
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New to this forum. I just picked up a 2017 White Silver JCW fully loaded with touchscreen nav, HUD, wireless charger, park assist (don't know if I'll ever use it), LED w/cornering, 19" wheels. Sadly realized that my Apple iphone is not compatible without adding the Qi wireless receiver. Ordering a wireless receiver case. The dealer did not realize that the HUD and touchscreen nav unit were included in my car and thought it was a new feature added at the factory.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:27 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Nice JCW Clubman. Welcome SR2017.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:11 AM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice JCW! What port did it come into and when? Mine has been in NJ since Nov. 25 and still with customs.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:12 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SR2017

New to this forum. I just picked up a 2017 White Silver JCW fully loaded with touchscreen nav, HUD, wireless charger, park assist (don't know if I'll ever use it), LED w/cornering, 19" wheels. Sadly realized that my Apple iphone is not compatible without adding the Qi wireless receiver. Ordering a wireless receiver case. The dealer did not realize that the HUD and touchscreen nav unit were included in my car and thought it was a new feature added at the factory.
Nice! First JCW Clubman I've seen! Looks awesome too! Congrats!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:24 PM
SR2017
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. I've never owned a mini cooper but my wife and I have admired them from afar. I had gottten used to driving bulky fast in a straight line cars and admire the "tossability" of driving a small car with nice power-to-weight ratio. There is a unique vintage aesthetic to mini coopers that we find appealing. My wife was responsible for getting a JCW Clubman. She had gotten used to driving peppy cars and wanted "the fastest version of the Mini". I of course had to oblige, and also ordered the Dinatronics plug-in boost controller for that extra power. I missed the feel of driving a smaller sporty car with responsive steering.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:23 PM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JCByrdman
No, it was just the regular Navigation XL that I ordered. I was shocked (as well as the dearer) when this arrived with it in place.

Yes, this also comes with wireless charging. I read that both of these were being phased in across the product lines. My build was on the second week of November. I will have to find the sheet to know what day exactly.

The only draw back so far, is that for some reason the backup screen no longer has the guide lines on it. I'm not sure if that was only for the option of Park Assist (which I did not get because, I can parallel park with the best of them).

The more time I spend with it I find I am using the iDrive interface on the console, less and less and the touch screen more and more. There is a audible feedback when selecting items as well and the home "button" pulls up the last tasks.
The "!" icon on the screen near the time and wireless signal also displays detailed information when pressed.

The animations are awesome (like when you go to green or sport mode). The owners manual also shows videos (I don't recall if it did that before) but you can now touch a category and it will open to those videos.
I thought the same thing but scrolling through the settings, I found they had the guide lines turned OFF. Now I have the steerable guide lines.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:04 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Do Clubmans with iDrive 5.0 have different-sounding warning chimes for seatbelt, backup obstacles, etc.?

I saw a vid for the F60 and it seemed to have different sounds, but not sure.

No matter. They get changed via coding. 😉

Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 AM
rfg123
2nd Gear

I had to turn guides and warnings on for my Clubman. Picked it up on Saturday!

Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Do Clubmans with iDrive 5.0 have different-sounding warning chimes for seatbelt, backup obstacles, etc.?

I saw a vid for the F60 and it seemed to have different sounds, but not sure.

No matter. They get changed via coding. 😉
They do! Not sure if I like them better or not, but since you mentioned coding it's a moot point since I use the BMW i sounds instead

Old 03-03-2017, 07:42 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
They do! Not sure if I like them better or not, but since you mentioned coding it's a moot point since I use the BMW i sounds instead
Likewise. The F56/55 default sounds were very annoying. I much prefer the default BMW sounds I have now.