European MINIs European MINIs may look similar but there are some interesting differences. Learn more here!

Germany specials?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
DaveKennedy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Germany specials?

So I'm traveling to Germany in a few weeks. Are there an Germany-specific detail parts that I should look for? Are there any special German stickers/mirror covers/etc that i can get while i'm there?
thanks Dave

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Verzasca
1st Gear
I have nothing useful to say. But, can I fit in your suitcase? No, the TSA will not know I'm in there for this trip. Okay, pitiful humor on my part. My brother lives in Garmisch Partenkirchen. He's living in Alpine heaven, imo. I want to move there, permanently. Anywhere within an Alpine destination will do.

Do go drive the Nurburgring.

You can rent a MINI for the track. A few Porsche rentals are in their stable too.
http://www.rent-racecar.de/news-old-gb.htm

I've always wanted to try the Ring Taxi in the Aston Martin.

Have a splendid trip.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 AM
ignitionmodule
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really Mini specific. Anything you can read about in UK English you can get in Germany but they tend to be much more restrictive with respect to modifying cars.

What you can get is a sticker in the outline of the racetrack you drove. Nurburgring is probably the easiest but I was in southern Germany. Also, there's likely to be an age restriction of 35 for the Porsche rental.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:02 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure what part of Germany you are traveling to but if you're able, there are some places you need to try to see if at all possible:

Berchtesgaden
Ulm Minster in Augsburg
Garmisch
Trier
Munich

Can you tell I favor the south of Germany ? OMG... it's beyond gorgeous there. And you are going at the perfect time of the year. I spent 7 years in Germany and I'm still seriously envious of you going there soon.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM
MoukiWisey
Neutral
My brother lives in Garmisch Partenkirchen. He's living in Alpine heaven, imo.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM
HJCPmeek
2nd Gear
I live in Kaiserslautern, Germany.... and will be modifying my S All4 in the near future. There are a lot of Mini's in the area and are driven by american's and German's

Old 06-12-2014, 04:00 AM
Stratocaster
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DaveKennedy
So I'm traveling to Germany in a few weeks. Are there an Germany-specific detail parts that I should look for? Are there any special German stickers/mirror covers/etc that i can get while i'm there?
thanks Dave
If you refer a Mini parts, the best is ebay.de, a lot of times, don't shipping to usa and the pieces are interesting.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Rich.Wolfson
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveKennedy
So I'm traveling to Germany in a few weeks. Are there an Germany-specific detail parts that I should look for? ...
When I was in Germany I picked up right side heated aspherical mirrors. Not only are they shaped better to eliminate the blind spot, they have no “closer than they appear” writing on them. On mine I put these...

Objects in Mirror are Losing

and it looks GREAT. Very subtle but when someone does notice, it brings a big smile to their face.

Have a great safe trip.

///Rich

Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 AM
cbumga11
1st Gear
FWIW....and maybe just a Pro-tip for those of us in the Ramstein/Kaiserslautern area. Some German Junk yards stock Euro Spec Mini's. I just scored an understeering wheel storage tray, a full interior that included a pristine dash (previous owner covered all surfaces with an unbearable chinchilla fur liner or speaker box fabric) for just less than 100 Euros.

And I apologize for the thread revival.