Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Is it possible to use the Rear Fog Light Toggle for Valvetronic Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
Is it possible to use the Rear Fog Light Toggle for Valvetronic Exhaust?

I have been considering purchasing a valvetronic exhaust for my GP2 for months now. The only thing holding me back is the fact that none of them have a hard wired switch in the car. They all use the wireless remotes.

1.) Does the GP2 have the rear fog light wiring?
2.) If it does have the wiring, would it be possible to use it for the valvetronic exhaust valve instead?
3.) What kind of logic does the rear fog light have? For example, do the headlights have to be on for it to work or is it completely independent from everything else?
4.) Is there anyone in the Buffalo area who can program it to work, if not how hard is it really to do in NCS Expert?

I know I could install a separate switch somewhere else in the car but it just makes sense to use the black toggle if I can. It would be the cleanest install. Hopefully everyone can chime in and I can get this to work. Thanks!

Old 12-17-2014, 08:07 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Yes the GP2 is prewired for the rear fog.

Yes the marker lights have to be on for it to work. But don't know if it would carry enough amps to activate it.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 12-17-2014, 08:13 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
Thanks Way!

Now the question is if I can somehow delete the logic so I don't have to have the marker lights on and if there is enough amps?

Old 01-08-2015, 03:42 PM
ragedet
Neutral
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I think is possible but maybe you have to use an auxiliary relay, maybe not. Ask to valvetronic seller the spec of the valve, how many mA consume it, base on that, you can check the oem light bulbs of the Rear Fog and see how mA use that circuit. If the oem current is less than the consumption of the valve, you can connect direct, if not use a relay.

Also, you have to reprogram with NCSExpert to add the rear fog first, and then to desactivate the light bulb check, because it will show a warning on your tacho.

All is very possible, but take some time to learn how to use NCSExpert, all info is here, if you have time, GO!.