Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCS Expert error help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:21 AM
pawea
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCS Expert error help

Hi folks mini cooper non s 2007, im using eidibas 7.3 inpa 5.02 and isda d which all work fine and can connect and read error codes,when using NCS expert i can read the chassis ok but when i try to code my airbag or dsc module i get an error "Datatransmission to Interface Disturbed" im trying to reset them to defaults using the SG_CODIERN cmd as they were messed up after a failed ecu swap we put the old ecu back in and lost the DSC and Airbag coding, the cable is on com port 1 with a kcan cable with pins 7+8 desoldered the obd.ini is set to match any ideas.....

Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 AM
pawea
2nd Gear
Also i have the latest datens installed ok every other program works great INPA ,ISTA D just NCS expert seems to be giving problems

Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 AM
SkyJumpr16
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pawea
Also i have the latest datens installed ok every other program works great INPA ,ISTA D just NCS expert seems to be giving problems
Can you confirm that the latency for the Cable driver is set to "1" instead of "16"?

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 AM
pawea
2nd Gear
hi thx for the reply yes the latency is set to 1 ok and its using com port 1 strange thing is i managed to code the airbags ok just seem to get this error with the DSC unit which was my original DSC unit that was coded to the ECU i only lost the coding after trying another ECU in the car when i connected the old ECU up the DSC/ABS light was lit.........ISTA D is saying it needs coded........

Old 08-20-2014, 12:31 PM
SkyJumpr16
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did you update the datens exactly? I've found that I have had intermittent luck with just doing file copies. I've been using the BMW Coding Tool to do my updates and i seem to not get the random errors dealing with different modules.

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....MW-Coding-Tool

Old 08-20-2014, 03:51 PM
pawea
2nd Gear
hi thx man tried using the bmw coding tool to update the datens still the same,im getting the error "no response from control unit" now....cant understand this as in NCS it can read the ecu to get chassis info OK.......also INPA and RHEINGOLD all work perfectly crazy......trying so hard to avoid the stealers .....any advice guys....

Old 08-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Kevdog
2nd Gear
hi thx man tried using the bmw coding tool to update the datens still the same,im getting the error "no response from control unit" now....cant understand this as in NCS it can read the ecu to get chassis info OK.......also INPA and RHEINGOLD all work perfectly crazy......trying so hard to avoid the stealers .....any advice guys....
Let's say you try to read your DSC. Do you receive a comm. error? I do. The results actually give me what looks like good data. I never tried working with that module or even backing up the module because of the error. Same thing for 2RAD.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:28 PM
pawea
2nd Gear
Hi thx for the replies anything i try to do with the DSC module is the same "no response from control unit" i can read it in INPA and get the Chassis details in NCS but thats it....i wondering is this maybe security locked somehow by the dealer ?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Chernobyl
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi thx for the replies anything i try to do with the DSC module is the same "no response from control unit" i can read it in INPA and get the Chassis details in NCS but thats it....i wondering is this maybe security locked somehow by the dealer ?
In all my years of coding, I have never been able to read or write to the DSC module using NCS Expert. Same as you, INPA (and Tool32 for that matter) can see it just fine, so it is not a communications issue. I've experimented with coding using Tool32 (via the c_c_lesen and c_c_schreiben jobs), but it is very clumsy and I stopped when I realized there was nothing I wanted to change in the DSC anyway!

BTW: you'll likely have the same problem with the ULF (Bluetooth) module.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:16 AM
pawea
2nd Gear
aye i read a few other posts saying that too man,is there any other sofware i could use to code this damm DSC module,i dont understand why it needs to be recoded it was the original one from the car that was already coded all i did was change the ECU,CAS,and Body modules and start the car i then removed them and re installed all the originals then this error came up......trying to avoid going to the stealers at all costs