Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Recirculation

Whats the model year of your countryman? Does it has digital A/C?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 PM
iamd
Neutral
hi Ossocao

year 2011.
yeah digital A/C euipped

Old 06-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Mine is 2014 and has the AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET in IHKA module.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:00 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by iamd
Thanks bmrguy03 but still I couldn't find AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET in IHKA. :( All i need is just to lock the recirculated air memory to prevent the air/smell coming from outside. I heard that they could only minimize the air flap but not locking it (R60/R56/R58). Really? How to? Anything can do in this file? This is what my IHKA look like... BAUREIHE r60 PIA_PORTIERUNG aktiv ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_HHS_A wert_2 wert_3 wert_4 ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_HHS_B wert_4 ZWEITE_HEIZZEIT_HHS wert_4 FH_FAT_BFT_MAUT_TIME wert_400 FH_ZENTRAL_MAUT_TIME wert_400 FH_FATH_BFTH_MAUT_TIME wert_400 KISI_FUNKTION_SZM aktiv TASTE_1_SZM fkt_1 TASTE_2_SZM fkt_2 TASTE_3_SZM fkt_3 TASTE_4_SZM fkt_4 TASTE_5_SZM fkt_5 TASTE_6_SZM fkt_6 TASTE_7_SZM fkt_7 DSC_FUNKTION_SZM aktiv TAKTUNGSDAUER_HHS wert_1 KLIMA_MIT_AUTO aktiv PARKING_HEATER_FKT nicht_aktiv TAKTUNGSDAUER_FSH wert_1 GEBLAESE_OFFSET kein_geblaese_offset TEMPERATUR_OFFSET kein_offset FSH_MIT_DEFROST aktiv ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_FSH_A wert_1 ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_FSH_B wert_1 ZWEITE_HEIZZEIT_FSH wert_1 LAENDERVARIANTE_KLIMA ece MIN_DIMMING_LEVEL_SZM wert_05 PDC_FUNKTION_SZM nicht_aktiv NSL_FUNKTION_SZM aktiv SPORT_FUNKTION_SZM aktiv MSA_FUNKTION_SZM nicht_aktiv MSA_TASTER_SZM_PIA_FUNKT nicht_aktiv MOTOR_IHX benzin_normal WASSERPUMPE_IHKA aktiv DELAY_FH_HINTEN_VORN wert_1 TIMEOUT_FH_HINTEN_VORN wert_1 SCHIEBEHEBEDACH aktiv NEBEL_SCHEINWERFER aktiv NSW_FUNKTION_SZM aktiv REGENLICHTSENSOR aktiv SITZHEIZUNG nicht_aktiv NEBEL_SCHLUSSLEUCHTE aktiv FRONTSCHEIBENHEIZUNG nicht_aktiv MSA nicht_aktiv AUC_FKT_IHKA nicht_aktiv
Hmm...interesting because that where I found mine and yes that is what needs to be changed in order to accomplish what you want. Mine is a 2015 with digital A/C as well. Maybe try looking in other modules for that exact command.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:41 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
--

Last edited by walk0080; 06-05-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:42 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by walk0080
I receive an error "VIN is faulty ... " when trying to use the "NCSDummyV4" profile provided with the "R56 coding package.(v0.12)". INPA is fine when run.

Installed as part of "R56 coding package.(v0.12)":
-NCS Expert (V4.0.1) and EDIABAS (V7.3.0).
-R56 V51.2 daten files
-NCSDummy v4 profile

I can connect and read the car VIN if using the "Default" profile but I have learnt that it is not the correct profile as I accidentally reset the sunroof module. I received a sunroof error in the tach display which gave me heart palpitations but fortunately an easy fix by re-calibrating the sunroof.

I thought maybe my datens are not installed correctly but the default profile is working... Maybe I'll try the v53.0.5 versions available here?

I have the following profiles installed/available (see screen capture attached):

Default Profile --> Use by mistake once
CAR KEY MEMORY (change car-key settings) --> Received from BMW forum
Expertmodus (offen) (FSW-PSW Manipulation) --> Received from BMW forum
Expertmodus (Werkseinstellung) (reset modules back to ... ) --> Received from BMW forum
NCS Dummy profile (by revtor for NCS Expert 4) --> Error when loaded (see screen capture attached)
You should be able to use "expertmodus (offen)" without any issues.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:55 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
--

Last edited by walk0080; 06-05-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Can someone compile this same set of tools with ncsexpert 4.0.1? This version ncsexpert 3 is the perfect size download at less than 50mb. All the downloads of newest tools on the web are huge file sizes.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I found 4 in the Standard_Tools_Setup_2.12.exe file at 33 MB. You have to get some other stuff to make it work, but it wasn't that big. Someone put it up on Mega I think.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:36 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What was the other stuff needed?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 PM
TISGOD
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gonna code my new R61 tomorrow thanks to all the info compiled in here.

Don't understand how a fully loaded car came without one touch sunroof coded in?

Last edited by TISGOD; 07-07-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by miniwpbear
What was the other stuff needed?
translations from german to english
non-functional password protection (I think?)

Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 PM
TISGOD
2nd Gear
OK so, I have a 2004 R53 and a 2014 R61 - I've used NCSExpert on the R53 with success but when I try on the R61 I get an "Invalid Vin" error.

I've tried several versions of NCSExpert, uninstalled and reinstalled a zillion times, Every Daten version in the universe.... Still can't get this to work on the car.

I NEVER have issues with stuff like this but this is just baffling me.

I know this is an R60 thread, and I can't imagine this won't work on an R61 - But has anyone with an R61 had the same issues or had this work?

Completely baffled I tell ya!

Help?

T

Old 07-13-2015, 09:00 AM
dez
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah
After spending a number of hours playing with FRM module settings, I finally got the DRLs to light only the city lights! This process was aided by a post by strobey-probey in a thread about city lights as DRLs on Canadian R60s. Please note the specifics below:

Enviromental:
MINI: USA 2012 CMS (Canadian R60s will need to have their VO changed to reflect a USA version - thanks strobey-probey!)
Build Date: Nov 7, 2011
Headlamps: Xenon
Datens: V46. Those with newer datens should be ok as the settings listed below should be present in your FRM module's FSW_PSW.TRC file. I'm not sure whether these settings will be the same in pre-V46 datens, but most likely so.
Misc: Must have working cable and (preferably) NCSExpert programming experience. These instructions assume that you know how to successfully code your R60 with NCSExpert.

Requirements/suggestions before beginning:
1. The DRL option should be activated in the BC;
2. The headlamp setting should be set to "off" for programming, but then you can set it to "Auto" afterwards;
3. Fully read this post before beginning;
4. Plan and document your work (OCD Club Members Unite!).
5. Post if this works for you!

FRM Settings:
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R drl_s // This setting turns-off the low beam headlamps.
Note: after this setting was made, wheel arch lights, rear taillights and license plate light were still on.

DRL_TFL_MIT_KZL nicht_aktiv // This setting turns-off the license plate lights.
Note: after this setting was made, license plate lights were turned-off but taillights were still on. In fact, the lower taillight in each lens glowed brightly at brake light intensity, the upper taillights were at normal intensity, however. Odd.

DRL_TFL_MIT_SL_1 nicht_aktiv // These settings turned-off the left and right wheel arch lights and
DRL_TFL_MIT_SL_2 nicht_aktiv // lower taillights.
Note: After this setting was made, the upper taillights were still on. According to NCSDummy, the "SL" means "standing lights", so the bright lower taillights may be in standing light mode.

DRL_TFL_MIT_BL nicht_aktiv // This setting turned-off the the upper taillights.

And, finally…

DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R aktiv // This setting turned-on the city lights!

Other stuff:
- I made these changes one-by-one. After each change, I exited NCSExpert and turned-off the R60. Then I turned the R60 back on and checked the status of the lights to make sure that the desired effect had been achieved. I suspect that all these edits could be made and programmed in one step, but I thought that I'd just let you know the way in which I did them.

- I never had to touch the companion settings in the CAS module.

- Today I tested the function of the lights in "Auto" mode as they switched between DRL illumination and night illumination. Perfect!

Have fun...
Has anyone confirmed they have gotten this to work on an R56?

I tried to search this thread for confirmation from an R56 but couldn't find any.

I only made 2 changes:

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R set to drl_s
DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R set to aktiv

The only other instruction/suggestion I didn't quite follow was I had DRL turned off in BC before starting. Could that cause issues?

Now turning DRL on in the BC I get nothing. No tops (default DRL) and no city lights.

Also oddly now my drivers side window won't "one-touch up" could I have messed something up in the FRM the controlled that?

Old 07-13-2015, 02:29 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by dez
Has anyone confirmed they have gotten this to work on an R56?

I tried to search this thread for confirmation from an R56 but couldn't find any.

I only made 2 changes:

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R set to drl_s
DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R set to aktiv

The only other instruction/suggestion I didn't quite follow was I had DRL turned off in BC before starting. Could that cause issues?

Now turning DRL on in the BC I get nothing. No tops (default DRL) and no city lights.

Also oddly now my drivers side window won't "one-touch up" could I have messed something up in the FRM the controlled that?
Yes this works for the R56. I set everything but the city lights to nicht_activ so that the only thing that come on as DRLs was the city lights.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:00 PM
dez
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cerenkov
Yes this works for the R56. I set everything but the city lights to nicht_activ so that the only thing that come on as DRLs was the city lights.
Thanks cerenkov.

Just to confirm when I read the initial modules I should be reading from CAS or FRM? Meaning in step 5 of the below, do I select CAS or FRM. I was never clear on that.

1. Connect your cable to your vehicle’s OBD II port and to your computer. Your vehicle’s ignition should be in the ON position, but your engine does not need to be running (when key fob is in, press start button once).
2. Launch INPA and verify that it reads Battery: ON and Ignition: ON. You should also have a program called “EDIABAS Server” running in your task bar too, just let it aside..
If everything checks out, close INPA.
3. Launch NCS Expert. Go to File -> Load profile and select “Revtor’s NCS Expert Profile”, click OK.
4. Select F1 “VIN/ZCS/FA” Then F3 “ZCS/FA f. ECU”.
5. Select the R56 Chassis from the list (even for our R60s) and click OK.
Then select CAS. Click OK again to have NCS Expert read your VIN.
You should see the CHASSIS, FG, and FA fields populated in the top part of the NCS Expert window.
6. Select F6 “Back”, then F4 “Process ECU”.
What you need to do before you try to read a module, is create an empty text file-in WORK folder -->You need to save this file as "all files" in the "save as type" and name it FSW_PSW.MAN
7. You will be prompted to select a module. Select the module you want to read values from and click OK. Click OK again on the window that appears to return to the main NCS Expert window.
8. Select F4 – NCS will read the car’s module and in the WORK folder you should have a new FSW_PSW.TRC file.
Turn off the ignition.

Last edited by dez; 07-13-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:25 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
You can read either one, they both contain the vehicle order (FA). I typically read CAS just because it is first in the list.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:38 PM
dez
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cerenkov
You can read either one, they both contain the vehicle order (FA). I typically read CAS just because it is first in the list.
Yeah, thats kinda what I thought.

Let me give you the full story...

I went through the usual steps to read and modify the FRM file for the city DRL.

When I went to write the file back I got the below error.

Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file FRM3_R56.C35

I tried to do it again, starting from the beginning, same thing.

So I tried the process again this time reading the VIN from the CAS instead of the FRM.

This time the FSW_PSW.TRC file was only a 24kb vs the 119kb file I was getting before. Any idea what size the FRM file is supposed to be?

I made my changes and wrote the file back to the car and all seemed good.

But now I no longer have one-touch up drivers side window functionality and the changes I made to DRL don't seem to have done anything but turn off the default DRL.

Doing it again just now I seem to get the same size FRM file (119kb) but I can't write either back to the car, even without any changes.

I just keep getting the same error.

Comparing the files there are obviously lines missing just from the size difference alone, but its not just whole chunk that is missing. Its more like its a different file and some of the lines are there and some aren't.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:56 PM
dez
4th Gear
Not sure that it makes much difference but when using NcsDummy it seems to like the smaller 24kb file.

It reads it properly but when I try the larger one I get an error in the log.

[E] 12:05:27 An error occurred while reading "C:\Users\dez7-32\Desktop\NCSEXPERT_ORIG_FILES\FSW_PSW (2).TRC": Unresolved parameter keyword "wert_01" in function "OFFSET_ADC_SNU". Make sure chassis and module match those of the trace file.

[ ] 12:06:01 Loaded trace file "FSW_PSW (3).TRC" with 808 functions.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:47 PM
dez
4th Gear
Made some progress and figured out why I was getting different size FRM files.

I guess NCSExpert creates the FSW_PSW.TRC first as a full 119kb file, before reading the ECU for the selected module. Which results in a smaller, "module specific" file.

So if I don't wait long enough, and don't see "coding ended" msg, I get the larger 119kb file. And the Error in CABD! error pop.

It threw me off when I saw FSW_PSW.TRC file there after I had just deleted the old local copy. So I thought it had already completed.

Successfully coded for city DRL.

Now I just have to figure out the window one-touch up. Not sure what I did to mess that up. I had that option from the factory, and the FH_MAUT_ZU_ACTIV_FAT rule is "aktiv."

FRM FH_MAUT_ZU_ACTIV_FAT: Enables one touch up and down of windows instead of holding to open or close on 2007+ models. Change from nicht_aktiv to aktiv.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:42 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear

Me too, whenever I get errors it generates a 119k MAN file.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:44 AM
riso_
Neutral
Hello,

I'm having a lot of troubles trying to code my r60.. ��

In particular after loaded the expertous profile in ncs expert I try to calculate vin and cas but I get the message "vin is faulty" and the light of the dcan cable turn off..

I tried with different Datens, from the v41 to the v 53.0.5.. I have the expert tools 2.10, downloaded from the link in the first page of this thread.

Pleaaaaseee help me!! What could I do?!???

Cheers
Alberto

Old 08-11-2015, 09:11 AM
dez
4th Gear
Just to confirm you run the INPA and verify that it reads Battery: ON and Ignition: ON?

Also, I use the Revtor’s NCS Expert Profile. Is that what you mean when you say "expertous profile?"

From reading older posts on this thread and others, the faulty vin is usually due to old Datens, but it sounds like you have a later version.

I'd double check there isn't an issue with the cable etc.

Also try a newer version of the Datens. I think I saw v55 out there somewhere.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 AM
riso_
Neutral
I'm running INPA v. 5.00 and it's sayin battery and ignition are ok.

About the profile it's right what you said, it's ncs expert not expertousmode..

The cablle i guess is working since the light is on until i try to recognize the cas..

I'll search on the web others datens and bmw tools maybe newer.

Thank you so much!

Alberto

Old 08-11-2015, 04:49 PM
axsys
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by riso_
I'm running INPA v. 5.00 and it's sayin battery and ignition are ok.

About the profile it's right what you said, it's ncs expert not expertousmode..

The cablle i guess is working since the light is on until i try to recognize the cas..

I'll search on the web others datens and bmw tools maybe newer.

Thank you so much!

Alberto
Try changing to a different COM port in Device Manager (make sure you also have the Latency Timer set to 1). You will then need to update the COM port in the file C:\EDIBAIS\BIN\obd.ini to match your new one.

I was having issues on COM 3, switched to COM 9 and it all worked fine.

Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide