Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:53 PM
shdwkeeper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper
Does this look like the working cable everyone is talking about? I don't see pin 7&8 soldered together unless I'm looking in wrong spot.
This cable definitely does not work. So I bought a new cable on Amazon and it works perfectly:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MY1F8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MY1F8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 02-05-2015, 08:22 AM
shdwkeeper
1st Gear
Is there a newer datens file out there than v53?

Old 02-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Flea77
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am programming a 2015 R60s. Doing the one touch sunroof stuff worked wonderfully, the over-estimated speed programmed without error although I have not driven it to see how well it works. I mention all of this to show that I am fairly sure the cable and software appears to work fine.

My problem is removing the startup legal screen using:

LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME
kein_ld

which refuses to code. It pops up an error that says:

"Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG! COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file CHAMP2.C1A"

There is no cabi.err file I can find, the error.log contains the following:

"ERROR! Modul: CBD_PROC.C, ProcNr: 02, LineNr: 10, ErrorNr: 40.
003000'01,HIST_GAS_CONSUMP_SCALE_1 (4053d, FD5h)

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHGetNettoDataFromCbd, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 1043
COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file
CHAMP2.C1A

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 1043
SG_CODIEREN"

I thought I would post and see if anyone has had a similar problem and knows what the issue may be.

I am running the latest datens from here, 53.0.5 and as I said, everything seems to work except that one. I have the NAV system and Harden Kardon if that matters.

****UPDATE****

I have completely uninstalled all software, removed directories left over, rebooted and reinstalled. Same issue. I also tried to do the following code:

--------------CAS MODULE--------------
Auto unlock on ignition kill
ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
aktiv

and I code it, upload it, get the complete message and then check it and it did not change. In other words, the upload appears fine, no errors. I then empty the MAN folder, delete the TRC file and download the file again only to see it set back to nict_aktiv.

****UPDATE 2****

The Keyout seems to have worked even though I never saw it change. I had been noticing that the door locks seemed to be acting weird and honestly just thought my mind was playing tricks on me. Watched it closely and it was doing things it should not. Checked the menus under settings and the auto lock was off, as well as the door unlock button was set to driver only. I turned all this back on and it works exactly as I wanted.

Start to drive off -> all doors lock.

Turn off engine (long press to turn off everything) -> all doors unlock.

Sweet!

I have read the entire thread and tried a few things but did not see anything that pointed to this problem.

Any help appreciated.

Allan

Last edited by Flea77; 02-25-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
ericraymond
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Do BMWhat iViNi codings work?

There are a lot of great codings listed for Mini'svia BMWat/iVini.

Do these work on a CM? 2014?

http://www.ivini-apps.com/coding.html#tab14

Old 03-17-2015, 12:41 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Flea77
I am programming a 2015 R60s. Doing the one touch sunroof stuff worked wonderfully, the over-estimated speed programmed without error although I have not driven it to see how well it works. I mention all of this to show that I am fairly sure the cable and software appears to work fine.

My problem is removing the startup legal screen using:

LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME
kein_ld

which refuses to code. It pops up an error that says:

"Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG! COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file CHAMP2.C1A"

There is no cabi.err file I can find, the error.log contains the following:

"ERROR! Modul: CBD_PROC.C, ProcNr: 02, LineNr: 10, ErrorNr: 40.
003000'01,HIST_GAS_CONSUMP_SCALE_1 (4053d, FD5h)

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHGetNettoDataFromCbd, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 1043
COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file
CHAMP2.C1A

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 1043
SG_CODIEREN"

I thought I would post and see if anyone has had a similar problem and knows what the issue may be.

I am running the latest datens from here, 53.0.5 and as I said, everything seems to work except that one. I have the NAV system and Harden Kardon if that matters.

****UPDATE****

I have completely uninstalled all software, removed directories left over, rebooted and reinstalled. Same issue. I also tried to do the following code:

--------------CAS MODULE--------------
Auto unlock on ignition kill
ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
aktiv

and I code it, upload it, get the complete message and then check it and it did not change. In other words, the upload appears fine, no errors. I then empty the MAN folder, delete the TRC file and download the file again only to see it set back to nict_aktiv.

****UPDATE 2****

The Keyout seems to have worked even though I never saw it change. I had been noticing that the door locks seemed to be acting weird and honestly just thought my mind was playing tricks on me. Watched it closely and it was doing things it should not. Checked the menus under settings and the auto lock was off, as well as the door unlock button was set to driver only. I turned all this back on and it works exactly as I wanted.

Start to drive off -> all doors lock.

Turn off engine (long press to turn off everything) -> all doors unlock.

Sweet!

I have read the entire thread and tried a few things but did not see anything that pointed to this problem.

Any help appreciated.

Allan
Thanks! Did not know you can unlock doors upon ignition kill. Now if only there was some way to do it when in park.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 PM
barchstein
Neutral
hi guys,

im going nuts trying to get this coding to work.
I've installed everything. but i keep on getting an error after i select cas in ncs expert.

is it my cable?

thanks in advance for your help.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:07 PM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would download the free version bmwhat app from Android or iPhone and test the cable. If it works then you can be sure the cable is not the issue.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:07 PM
barchstein
Neutral
thats a good idea.

how do i test the cable with an iphone?
do i need to buy the bluetooth adapter?
can i buy anyone or it has to be the one they sell on their website?
http://www.ivini-apps.com/apps_detai...at_iphone.html

thanks for your reply.

UPDATE: Funy enough, i have a diesel car...and the cable i got isnt compatible... anyone knows of a cable i can use?

Last edited by barchstein; 03-18-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:02 PM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
I have Android, the cable plugs in with a micro usb otg adapter.

Last edited by miniwpbear; 03-18-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:42 PM
barchstein
Neutral
i ordered one on ebay.
thanks for the tip.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:28 PM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniwpbear
...... So I bought a new cable on Amazon and it works perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can confirm the cable from seller FOTGA Shipped by Prime is still the same and working cable.

I wanted a second cable to keep in the car for BMWhat app. New cable is same and works with both NCS or the app. I had to wait about 10 days for more to be in stock through Prime but I wanted to wait so if it didn't work it would be an easy return.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:54 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Just an FYI, I've been having a data transmission to ecu disturbed error. I could connect to INPA and read my VIN and vehicle order but couldn't read any module without getting the error. It goes something like this:

COAPI-2021....IFH-0010

I fixed it by changing the COM port latency to "1" in windows device manager. I had forgotten that I had changed it to "16" a while back when I was modifying settings on my ODBII wifi adapter.

The brightside is that I'm now really good at installing and reinstalling NCS Expert and updating dates.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
For the double blink hazards I set:

DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK to aktiv and it didn't work. It still blinks the same as when it was set to nicht_aktiv. Is there a wert value I should be setting?

I'm using datens 53.0.5 and all my other coding has worked.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:34 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by cerenkov

DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK to aktiv and it didn't work. It still blinks the same as when it was set to nicht_aktiv. Is there a wert value I should be setting?

That did work on my CM... Is the car running? I noticed it blinked normally when the car was off and double blinked as coded when the car was on.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:15 AM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For my '12 CMS, it worked, however only when the key was in the ignition slot (I don't have comfort access)

Old 03-28-2015, 03:15 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
That did work on my CM... Is the car running? I noticed it blinked normally when the car was off and double blinked as coded when the car was on.
Thanks for the tip. Kind of weird that it works that way.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:11 AM
Ossocao
1st Gear
This cable definitely does not work. So I bought a new cable on Amazon and it works perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Got this cable and did not worked at all. I got INPA on, but the vin error on NCDSexpert Is there any mod to make a fault cable to work?

Any E-bay cable that work?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Ossocao
Got this cable and did not worked at all. I got INPA on, but the vin error on NCDSexpert Is there any mod to make a fault cable to work?

Any E-bay cable that work?
If INPA is saying you have ignition on, then it's not the cable, something is wrong with your NCS Expert setup.

I used the same cable on my CM.

Can you elaborate on what's going wrong? What message are you getting? What datens are you using?

Old 04-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
If INPA is saying you have ignition on, then it's not the cable, something is wrong with your NCS Expert setup.

I used the same cable on my CM.

Can you elaborate on what's going wrong? What message are you getting? What datens are you using?
It is a 14/15 countrymans S all4 with GPS. I intalled following all directions on the first topic and puted the 53.5 datens also download from this topic. Windows is Vista and NCS runing on XP compability and as an administrator.

INPA acts like in the bad cable discribed in this topic. It show battery and ignition on, but if you turn the car off or pull out the plug from the car, it still shows ignition on.

On NCS I get the vin error and 2020 something IH-0009, saying ECU cannot be readed.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:35 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
It is a 14/15 countrymans S all4 with GPS. I intalled following all directions on the first topic and puted the 53.5 datens also download from this topic. Windows is Vista and NCS runing on XP compability and as an administrator.

INPA acts like in the bad cable discribed in this topic. It show battery and ignition on, but if you turn the car off or pull out the plug from the car, it still shows ignition on.

On NCS I get the vin error and 2020 something IH-0009, saying ECU cannot be readed.
Might be that specific cable it defective. I bought that exact cable and I had no problems coding with it.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:03 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Is there any cable from a named brand or resseler? All I can find is the China crap.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:10 PM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Is there any cable from a named brand or resseler? All I can find is the China crap.
You are more than welcome to mail the cable to me, I'll test it on a known good setup, then I'll mail it back. You'll just need to pay the postage to me, I'll pay the postage back. It should be ~$2 if you mail it USPS First Class either in a padded envelope or small box, it just needs to weigh less than 13 oz for 1st Class.

A cheap (and fairly fast) way to rule out the cable.

The offer is available to anyone that suspects a bad cable.

I'm in Raleigh, NC FWIW.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
You are more than welcome to mail the cable to me, I'll test it on a known good setup, then I'll mail it back. You'll just need to pay the postage to me, I'll pay the postage back. It should be ~$2 if you mail it USPS First Class either in a padded envelope or small box, it just needs to weigh less than 13 oz for 1st Class.

A cheap (and fairly fast) way to rule out the cable.

The offer is available to anyone that suspects a bad cable.

I'm in Raleigh, NC FWIW.
Cerenkov,

Thanks a lot for you offer, but I'm overseas and ship it to USA without a contract will cost more than the cable itself. The china seller is now saying it does not work on mini, but the description says R56. He promised to refund.

Can you point me to trusted working cable?

Last edited by Ossocao; 04-14-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:41 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear

...Can you point me to trusted working cable?
That's the problem. You used to be able to trust www.ecutools.com (on the expensive side after shipping direct from China via DHL) but they've become a crap shoot too.

Also, You used to be able to go by the color of the board, so you could ask the vendor what color are they selling but the color doesn't matter anymore from what I've read. You really now need to look at how the components are arranged on the circuit board and compare to a known good board. I think there are some pictures in this thread IIRC.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 PM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Free and easy way to test is to use the free test version of BMWhat android app. If it connects then the cable is known to be good.

Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide