Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 08:07 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miniwpbear
Free and easy way to test is to use the free test version of BMWhat android app. If it connects then the cable is known to be good.
45.00 euro for the adapter to test a cable?

Old 04-16-2015, 11:54 PM
shdwkeeper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ossocao
Is there any cable from a named brand or resseler? All I can find is the China crap.
The cable I mentioned in my post works perfectly. You may have a bad install, also you said you were on Windows Vista?? I would definitely try Windows 7 and see if this clears things up as the driver files are much better than the Vista crap.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:09 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
45.00 euro for the adapter to test a cable?
You don't need anything more than an otg adapter which runs about $3 to plug in the cable to the micro usb port on the android device. The test app is free. So no you do not need to spend 45 Euro to test your cable.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Well I have exactly the cable on the left, with 7&8 soldered together, so I guess I need another cable, do not BUY FORM THE AMAZON SELLER ABOVE.

Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide-9lzyu.jpg

Old 05-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
Cable that work

Well guys finally a cable that works, got on ebay from a guy in UK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271796230565?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
By the way anyone knows how to code to make air Recirculation on always?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
I did some research and found out that I need to change the Umluft_Memory to have the air recirculation memorized. Problem is that it supposed to be on Car/Key Memory, but when I hit this on NCS on my R60 says this option is not possible.

Anyone?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
R60 Recirculation Coding

Eureka!

Where is everybody?

I was able to put the AC to keep the settings after turning the car is turned off. So when you turn the car on it does not reset, if you have chosen recirculation on (closed) it will stay like that.

The R60 does not have a car/key memory right? So I tried the umluft_Ein in DSC, no luck! Nothing changed, so I got back to IHKA module and found this:

IHKA module

AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET aktive

Change it to nitch_aktive

AC will keep your last setting even if you turn the car off.

Last edited by Ossocao; 05-05-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Ossocao
1st Gear
One more activate hidden menus/options on BC SET/INFO:

Kombi:

MMI_ENA_PIA
aktiv
MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv

Old 05-06-2015, 02:29 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Eureka!

Where is everybody?

I was able to put the AC to keep the settings after turning the car is turned off. So when you turn the car on it does not reset, if you have chosen recirculation on (closed) it will stay like that.

The R60 does not have a car/key memory right? So I tried the umluft_Ein in DSC, no luck! Nothing changed, so I got back to IHKA module and found this:

IHKA module

AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET aktive

Change it to nitch_aktive

AC will keep your last setting even if you turn the car off.
Nice! Now if you could find a setting that does the same thing for SPORT mode.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:13 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Does anyone know how to activate for the respective fog lamp to turn on when turning with a vehicle that has the adaptive lighting option?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:01 PM
heiker
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bmrguy03
Does anyone know how to activate for the respective fog lamp to turn on when turning with a vehicle that has the adaptive lighting option?
Well, that is what I tried to code without success. Probably it is not supported in Countryman. Even though there are options to code, it gives no effect.

Please respond if anybody has it worked out.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by heiker
Well, that is what I tried to code without success. Probably it is not supported in Countryman. {snip}
Exactly. Remember that the settings we see in the TRC files may or may not be applicable across all BMW/MINI platforms. After all, you DO need the hardware and WIRING for the control modules to actually have an effect. Some platforms have the wiring/hardware and some don't, though they are mostly consistent within platform type (e.g.; R6x, E7x, etc.).

Case in point: the alarm "heartbeat" on the top of the tach could be activated without the alarm module being installed for the late model R5x platform. However, the R6x platform did away with wiring that supported this tweak.

FWIW,

Theo

Old 06-04-2015, 08:01 AM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah
Exactly. Remember that the settings we see in the TRC files may or may not be applicable across all BMW/MINI platforms. After all, you DO need the hardware and WIRING for the control modules to actually have an effect. Some platforms have the wiring/hardware and some don't, though they are mostly consistent within platform type (e.g.; R6x, E7x, etc.).

Case in point: the alarm "heartbeat" on the top of the tach could be activated without the alarm module being installed for the late model R5x platform. However, the R6x platform did away with wiring that supported this tweak.

FWIW,

Theo
True but I have active steering option and my lights do turn with my steering wheel but the repective fog doesn't come on like with BMWs.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
True but I have active steering option and my lights do turn with my steering wheel but the repective fog doesn't come on like with BMWs.
Again, the platforms are different and what can be done on a BMW platform doesn't necessarily predict it can be done on a MINI platform. In this case, I would guess that the two platforms use different active steering modules. I would also guess that on the BMW active steering module, there is a relay on the module itself that turns on the fog light and that the MINI has no such signaling.

Have you tried the realoem.com site and grabbed the part numbers for the active steering modules on the two different platforms? I'm guessing that they are not the same part number.

It's all about that hardware/wiring thing!

Old 06-04-2015, 10:43 AM
sub3622
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ebay cable

does anybody knows if this ebay cable works on US specs vehicles?

Well guys finally a cable that works, got on ebay from a guy in UK:

BMW USB OBD K Dcan Diagnostic Cable Switched UK Inpa Dis SSS NCS Coding | eBay

By the way anyone knows how to code to make air Recirculation on always?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:19 PM
heiker
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Again, the platforms are different and what can be done on a BMW platform doesn't necessarily predict it can be done on a MINI platform. In this case, I would guess that the two platforms use different active steering modules. I would also guess that on the BMW active steering module, there is a relay on the module itself that turns on the fog light and that the MINI has no such signaling.

Have you tried the realoem.com site and grabbed the part numbers for the active steering modules on the two different platforms? I'm guessing that they are not the same part number.

It's all about that hardware/wiring thing!
Well, both BMW and Mini has a FRM module which is responsible for fog lights, Xenons and adaptive head lights. The wiring is dedicated for each of the fog lights, which I am sure, cause I have retrofitted it by myself, together with Adaptive Xenons. The FRM has of course different part numbers for Mini and BMW in realoem, because they are preprogrammed differently and has other stickers labeled on (even though the HW inside FRM is exactly the same). As there is no such a factory version of R60 with cornering fog lights ( let me anybody know if you has such an function in R60 directly from factory), That might be the reason, why we fail to activate it.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:15 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Again, the platforms are different and what can be done on a BMW platform doesn't necessarily predict it can be done on a MINI platform. In this case, I would guess that the two platforms use different active steering modules. I would also guess that on the BMW active steering module, there is a relay on the module itself that turns on the fog light and that the MINI has no such signaling. Have you tried the realoem.com site and grabbed the part numbers for the active steering modules on the two different platforms? I'm guessing that they are not the same part number. It's all about that hardware/wiring thing!
I just wanted to see if it was possible since they BMW and MINI generally use the same codes. I don't know why they don't act the same way though either way.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:56 PM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Successfully changed the following in the CHAMP module (v2.C13) of a 2012 (11/2011 build) using v45 datens:

Module: CHAMP

Old: RADIO_WEATHERBAND (nicht aktiv)
New: RADIO_WEATHERBAND (aktiv)
Effect: Enable Weather-Band Radio

Old: LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME (ld_mit_timeout) "ld" is "Ld" not "Id"
New: LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME (kein_ld)
Effect: Remove the legal disclaimer from Connected/Nav
Originally Posted by Flea77
I am programming a 2015 R60s. Doing the one touch sunroof stuff worked wonderfully, the over-estimated speed programmed without error although I have not driven it to see how well it works. I mention all of this to show that I am fairly sure the cable and software appears to work fine.

My problem is removing the startup legal screen using:

LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME
kein_ld

which refuses to code. It pops up an error that says:

"Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG! COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file CHAMP2.C1A"

There is no cabi.err file I can find, the error.log contains the following:

"ERROR! Modul: CBD_PROC.C, ProcNr: 02, LineNr: 10, ErrorNr: 40.
003000'01,HIST_GAS_CONSUMP_SCALE_1 (4053d, FD5h)

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHGetNettoDataFromCbd, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 1043
COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file
CHAMP2.C1A

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 1043
SG_CODIEREN"

I thought I would post and see if anyone has had a similar problem and knows what the issue may be.

I am running the latest datens from here, 53.0.5 and as I said, everything seems to work except that one. I have the NAV system and Harden Kardon if that matters.

****UPDATE****

I have completely uninstalled all software, removed directories left over, rebooted and reinstalled. Same issue. I also tried to do the following code:
Digging up some old posts:

I'm also having problems coding the Nav screen legal disclaimer using the latest v53.0.5 datens. Has anyone done this successfully?

Matt

Old 06-10-2015, 07:01 AM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by y8s
Digging up some old posts: I'm also having problems coding the Nav screen legal disclaimer using the latest v53.0.5 datens. Has anyone done this successfully? Matt
I did it successfully last night. I used ncsdummy with ncsexpert to program it. Makes things so much easier. I will look and see what code it used. The other issue I've ran into is sometimes NCSexpert isn't reading the correct sub module. When you select process module, it should say reading, selecting F4 again "reading" and a new nettodat file should pop up, now you should have the correct .trc file to edit.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:08 AM
y8s
4th Gear
I did it successfully last night. I used ncsdummy with ncsexpert to program it. Makes things so much easier. I will look and see what code it used. The other issue I've ran into is sometimes NCSexpert isn't reading the correct sub module. When you select process module, it should say reading, selecting F4 again "reading" and a new nettodat file should pop up, now you should have the correct .trc file to edit.
NCSDummy is too expert for me. I am very n00b at coding. Is there a guide/source/whatever to learn more about it? revtor's post on bimmerforums?

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-of-NCS-Expert

does it eliminate the reading problem?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2015, 08:26 AM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by y8s
NCSDummy is too expert for me. I am very n00b at coding. Is there a guide/source/whatever to learn more about it? revtor's post on bimmerforums?

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-of-NCS-Expert

does it eliminate the reading problem?

Thanks
I actually learned from a video that is included in the coding package. It is very simple once you watch it. Basically you load the .TRC file with NCSExpert and remember the name of the submodule number of the module being coded, i.e. CHAMP2.C1A is the module my car uses to program champ. Don't close NCSEXPERT, you can turn of the car however. Pull up NCSdummy, choose platform, choose module and load .trc file, all the coding options will come up as check boxes and they are for the most part translated. You choose which options you want to change and export it as .man file. Turn the ignition back on and go back to NCSExpert. Make sure the job function is set to coding, and then just execute job. It's seems like a lot but trust me, made it easier for me to change functions. It actually has me wanting to play with some. Haha! Just make sure you back up your default file so that if you make any mistakes you can default them back.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:11 PM
y8s
4th Gear
I read up about it and have a pretty good grasp.

And then I found NCS Expert 4 so I can use my modern laptop.

And then I devised a way to store all the important files on dropbox using symbolic links from within the ncsexper and ediabas folders.

I'll probably play with it over the next few days and see what I can learn.

And of course, back up my original trace files!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:05 AM
iamd
Neutral
Question about UMLUFT or Recirculated Air Memory

Does anyone know how to lock the recirculated air memory?
i did it on my BMW E84 with UMLUFT funtion Aktiv
but I couldn't find any on CTM R60.

Thanks

Old 06-12-2015, 08:35 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iamd
Does anyone know how to lock the recirculated air memory? i did it on my BMW E84 with UMLUFT funtion Aktiv but I couldn't find any on CTM R60. Thanks
Here you go...

Eureka! Where is everybody? I was able to put the AC to keep the settings after turning the car is turned off. So when you turn the car on it does not reset, if you have chosen recirculation on (closed) it will stay like that. The R60 does not have a car/key memory right? So I tried the umluft_Ein in DSC, no luck! Nothing changed, so I got back to IHKA module and found this: IHKA module AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET aktive Change it to nitch_aktive AC will keep your last setting even if you turn the car off.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:03 PM
iamd
Neutral
Unhappy I COULDN'T FIND ANY AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET in IHKA

Here you go...
Thanks bmrguy03
but still I couldn't find AUTO_MAN_REC_RESET in IHKA. :(

All i need is just to lock the recirculated air memory to prevent the air/smell coming from outside.
I heard that they could only minimize the air flap but not locking it (R60/R56/R58).
Really? How to? Anything can do in this file?

This is what my IHKA look like...

BAUREIHE
r60
PIA_PORTIERUNG
aktiv
ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_HHS_A
wert_2
wert_3
wert_4
ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_HHS_B
wert_4
ZWEITE_HEIZZEIT_HHS
wert_4
FH_FAT_BFT_MAUT_TIME
wert_400
FH_ZENTRAL_MAUT_TIME
wert_400
FH_FATH_BFTH_MAUT_TIME
wert_400
KISI_FUNKTION_SZM
aktiv
TASTE_1_SZM
fkt_1
TASTE_2_SZM
fkt_2
TASTE_3_SZM
fkt_3
TASTE_4_SZM
fkt_4
TASTE_5_SZM
fkt_5
TASTE_6_SZM
fkt_6
TASTE_7_SZM
fkt_7
DSC_FUNKTION_SZM
aktiv
TAKTUNGSDAUER_HHS
wert_1
KLIMA_MIT_AUTO
aktiv
PARKING_HEATER_FKT
nicht_aktiv
TAKTUNGSDAUER_FSH
wert_1
GEBLAESE_OFFSET
kein_geblaese_offset
TEMPERATUR_OFFSET
kein_offset
FSH_MIT_DEFROST
aktiv
ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_FSH_A
wert_1
ERSTE_HEIZZEIT_FSH_B
wert_1
ZWEITE_HEIZZEIT_FSH
wert_1
LAENDERVARIANTE_KLIMA
ece
MIN_DIMMING_LEVEL_SZM
wert_05
PDC_FUNKTION_SZM
nicht_aktiv
NSL_FUNKTION_SZM
aktiv
SPORT_FUNKTION_SZM
aktiv
MSA_FUNKTION_SZM
nicht_aktiv
MSA_TASTER_SZM_PIA_FUNKT
nicht_aktiv
MOTOR_IHX
benzin_normal
WASSERPUMPE_IHKA
aktiv
DELAY_FH_HINTEN_VORN
wert_1
TIMEOUT_FH_HINTEN_VORN
wert_1
SCHIEBEHEBEDACH
aktiv
NEBEL_SCHEINWERFER
aktiv
NSW_FUNKTION_SZM
aktiv
REGENLICHTSENSOR
aktiv
SITZHEIZUNG
nicht_aktiv
NEBEL_SCHLUSSLEUCHTE
aktiv
FRONTSCHEIBENHEIZUNG
nicht_aktiv
MSA
nicht_aktiv
AUC_FKT_IHKA
nicht_aktiv

Last edited by iamd; 06-13-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide