Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 AM
coopers111
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS: SO I WAS CHECKING THE SPREADSHEET REVISIONS AND I SEE SOME PPL ERASING DESCRIPTIONS AND FORMULA STRINGS -I HAVE ASKED BEFORE NOT TO EDIT RANDOMLY THE SPREADSHEET ESPECIALLY IF IT IS NOT TO EDIT SOMETHING USEFUL
LATEST PERSON IS SMARCO111, I DONT KNOW IF YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE BUT YOU ERASED STUFF ON THE SPREADSHEET AND LEFT IT BLANK.
IT IS NOT COOL TO SEE STUFF GOING MISSING FOR NO REASON, I WILL KEEP ON EYE ON THIS MORE CLOSELY NOW.
I REALLY DONT WANT TO LOCK THE SPREADSHEET FROM EDITING AS I WANT PPL TO BE ABLE TO ADD THEIR DISCOVERIES.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL ...[/QUOTE]

GETCKO
I'm Sorry!! I'm smarco111..... i really did not do it on purpose I did not even notice that I had left something in blank until today reading this thread...
I did add some X on the 2010 year that where missing and I got them to work...i did it so that people could know that they worked on a 2010... It was all done in good faith. I just don't want to be causing any problems to anyone I'm sorry and I wont be touching anything from now on!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
gjn25
3rd Gear
thanks to GeoffreyM for helping me learn to code and for coding my car as well. Got the Alarm light working with just the code change on my 07 MCS it looks so sweet!!!!! along with one touch everything and a bunch of other cool stuff! thank you so much again GeoffreyM you are the man

Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
if you click on File - Revision History - you can restore older versions.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:07 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gonzo asked me about a change I didn't know was needed after we got done coding today. Maybe you guys can help. Can you make a 2007 r56 do the one touch roll up/down on the windows? If so anyone know the command?

Also, on the 2007 R56, after telling the SPEG module that there was an alarm the heartbeat started working right away.

I have the same on my 2011 R60, but no Heartbeat, do I need to make the change on the KOMBI also?

Last edited by GeoffreyM; 05-31-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:54 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Help!!!

Calling all coders! I blew it. I took a phone call in the middle of coding(DOH!) and didn't save my trace file correctly. Long story short......if any of you are working with an R60 I need a trace file for the KOMBI module. Any help is appreciated!!

EDIT: False alarm. I had the right file.

Last edited by GeoffreyM; 06-01-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
Calling all coders! I blew it. I took a phone call in the middle of coding(DOH!) and didn't save my trace file correctly. Long story short......if any of you are working with an R60 I need a trace file for the KOMBI module. Any help is appreciated!!
The great thing about tracefile modification is that if you screw something up, you can "default" the module back to original settings. Just program the module with the tracefile modification option in the profile editor turned off!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Really? I need to try that tomorrow. Thanks Strobey!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Yep! You want to follow the same process after you modify the Vehicle Order (however, programming the entire car is a preferred option after a VO change)

Old 06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
John Richard
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a C-Man S and would like to know if it is possible to have something other than car speed showing from the center window in the tach. Specifically, I would like to show time and perhaps temperature instead of speed.

I can't swear to this, but it seems that I could define what appeared in this window in my 2008 MC, but I cannot with the Countryman.

Many thanks,
John Richard

Old 06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Yes, you maybe able to change the digital speed permanent setting to not active in the KOMBI module. If it works you will see the Time and Temp in the upper window as long as you are showing avg mpg, instant mpg, avg speed, or miles remaining. There should still be the speed option as well (then you will the temp in the lower window).

Old 06-01-2011, 05:28 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm Sorry!! I'm smarco111..... i really did not do it on purpose I did not even notice that I had left something in blank until today reading this thread...
I did add some X on the 2010 year that where missing and I got them to work...i did it so that people could know that they worked on a 2010... It was all done in good faith. I just don't want to be causing any problems to anyone I'm sorry and I wont be touching anything from now on!
Its allright, it is fixed now. I kinda assumed you didnt do it on purpose. Sorry I singled u out for this ... you were not the only one who did it...just the last one I could see on the revision. Anyway, thanks for the msg.

if you click on File - Revision History - you can restore older versions.
I knew that...however if I was to click on revision at this time, it would have restore up to that point, meaning getting rid of all the additions ppl did afterwards.

Yep! You want to follow the same process after you modify the Vehicle Order (however, programming the entire car is a preferred option after a VO change)
I was going to write that Strobeyprobey had me done this when I changed my DRL mods for Canada. Its the best way if you know you made an error. You ll just need to code everything back again, no big deal

Old 06-02-2011, 08:05 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GTECKO
I was going to write that Strobeyprobey had me done this when I changed my DRL mods for Canada. Its the best way if you know you made an error. You ll just need to code everything back again, no big deal
It very nice to be able to "undo" a bad change (by defaulting back to the Vehicle Order based defaults)!

As a side note, the Vehicle Order defines what the tracefile settings will be. So when I installed the bluetooth system, I was able to test the bluetooth by enabling in the Rad2 module tracefile. Then when I was confident it was working I then made the change permanent by modifying the VO strings and then defaulting the RAD2 module (which then made the voice control active as well).

Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM
rotadent
2nd Gear
Has there been a change for the "heartbeat" mod for the alarm? In the spreadsheet it is now just listed as SPEG, DWA_VERBAUT. I thought there was another file you had to change.

I haven't done it yet, but this would be my next mod.

FWIW, I had a BMW tech guy come by to look into the noise coming from my car. It was the fan-rattling noise that came about after I started coding. He says it is rather easy to code and rather safe. Just as long as you are not totally negligent. He also was mentioning another program besides NCS. I'll try to get more information about it when I see him again.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
It used to say SPEG and KOMBI, but KOMBI is not needed.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
ditto. Used them both, wasnt sure if I needed to but it works fine

Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 AM
donuttang
3rd Gear
helpppppppppppppppppp

do you know when adding vechile of order, after enter the VIN, would it show all the VO of the car? I can't see anything on the VO page after entered the VIN...... do you knwo what happen?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
V42 is needed?!?! I did a brand new R56 2011 about a week ago with no problem on V41, but today I tried to code MINIFIDE's two day old R60 and got a faulty VIN error. It is still works on my R60, but the younger one wouldn't talk. Any ideas, or have they just moved on? Thanks

Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Chernobyl
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
...tried to code MINIFIDE's two day old R60 and got a faulty VIN error.
What exactly is the error message, and at what point does it say "faulty VIN"? Is it when you are first trying to read the VIN (FG) and FA from the vehicle (i.e. right after you hit F1, F3 and select the chassis in NCS Expert)? If so, then my experience leads me suspect a communications issue (cable/driver/software problem). The module daten files aren't being used for anything at that point.

If it is when you are trying to read or code a module that it *possible* that the datens could be out of date - but it seems unlikely. Do you have this problem with every module, or just some?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Yzo
2nd Gear
From the possible mod tab, VIDEO_DENY is located in the DSC module as of 2011 model using v41 datens. LEGAL_DISCL is also located in this module. NCD Dummy has trouble translating the daten for this module, so I've guessed that the setting should be changed to deny_never from deny_slow_key for VIDEO_DENY.

I don't yet know if I've been able to change these settings. I get an error every time I try to read or update the module. The error pops up right when a control message pops up on the LCD screen about trouble with the ABS, presumably when the module reboots.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
are you trying to disable the dvd in motion? That is not easy but we do have a solution for that. (unfortunately it will not be made public but it is not as simple as changing a module).

Old 06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Yzo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
are you trying to disable the dvd in motion? That is not easy but we do have a solution for that. (unfortunately it will not be made public but it is not as simple as changing a module).
Ya, that's kind of what I was going for purely as an experiment. I really haven't run into great need to display video on the LCD whilst driving. I was trying simply to see if I could. Suffice to say, this and the LEGAL_DISCL setting do not seem to have had any appreciable effect.

Last edited by Yzo; 06-09-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: English is hard, yo.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:33 PM
maximoose
2nd Gear
I assume there is no way to code the one touch windows roll up feature. I have an 2007 that missed that feature.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:57 AM
maximoose
2nd Gear
One touch windows up

Can you update the excel sheet with the following. This allows the one touch windows up feature which was not included in at least the 2007 models. Tested and confirms works, only caveat is ignition needs to be on.

FH_MAUT_ZU_AKTIV_FAT

FH_MAUT_ZU_AKTIV_BFT

change from nicht_aktiv to aktiv ( in FRM )

Old 07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Alwyn
2nd Gear
Hey guys,

Just getting into the programming and I found the cable etc. through the site in post #1 but it also has software on it; BMW INPA K+CAn... Anyone knows what it is?! The site shows;

Features

- read and delete errors
- adaptations
- driver programming
- applu coding
- and others...

Sooo, can we use it for something or is that covered by the NCS program as well?!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:39 PM
trekker44
Neutral
Correct Daten?

Folks, I've got an MCC 2011 that I'm trying to find the correct Daten. Should I use the V40 or find a later version? If a later version is needed, where would I go to download?

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)