2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks DrZ. Makes total sense.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:33 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coding directory

We need a thread for members that are capable of coding can give there location/price/contact info so we can get help and they can get paid.....

Old 10-23-2015, 08:46 PM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
LED Bulbs

i bought the carly app ... mycarly.com

it lets you code out the bulb checks by choosing from a menu ... no "coding" at all

in fact all of the coding options are available in carly and all are picked from a menu ... much easier than NCS

also does battery registration

also reads/resets CELs, including the mini specific codes and gives plain language discriptions

also resets service reminders

and more

Old 10-23-2015, 10:36 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bmwr606
i bought the carly app ... mycarly.com

it lets you code out the bulb checks by choosing from a menu ... no "coding" at all

in fact all of the coding options are available in carly and all are picked from a menu ... much easier than NCS

also does battery registration

also reads/resets CELs, including the mini specific codes and gives plain language discriptions

also resets service reminders

and more
REALLY? "All the code options are available"? Like fog lights with high beams, key fob roll up windows, ect.....

Old 10-23-2015, 10:59 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Holy crap

After looking up Carly for mini is says it does do easy coding!!! How is this not talked about more? Never heard of it! THANK YOU

Old 10-24-2015, 12:03 AM
bmwr606
6th Gear
yes, i have done the windows up with fob and fog lights with high beam

also got rid of seatbelt gong

also turned on shift indicator

very nice app

and all done with menus ... ncsexpert is free but way to complicated compared to carly

Old 11-05-2015, 08:30 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hooray4kurt
So I decided to screw the damn NCS (no one with experience with me) and went all canbus on the outside and I'm really happy with my bulbs. The things are built like tanks... Interior brightness is INSANE right now... No error codes as of now... Been a few weeks... but anyone else experiencing the front map LEDs not turning truly off? They are always on (even with the car shut off) in a very very dim mode...
Mine did the same thing. eBay seller sent me bulbs with slightly more resistance and now they turn off all the way. They look like the bulbs labeled as canbus on eBay. Which means they have a resister built in.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:32 AM
DWooderson
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm overwhelmed with all the terminology and options to get reliable bright white license plate lights with no errors. I like the simplicity of the Carly option, but if I'm looking at the products correctly, it looks like you need a $59 app and a $35 adapter (~$100 total after tax in texas). While it looks like a cool app, I'll probably use it once, and only once (doubt I'll be coding more than the lights, or using diagnostics).

I think I have the ability to go the other route (laptop + usb cable + software), but I can't find a simplified guide. The knowledge required to do this with confidence exists in 20+ forum postings, some of which might contain old or conflicting information.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:02 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DWooderson
I'm overwhelmed with all the terminology and options to get reliable bright white license plate lights with no errors. I like the simplicity of the Carly option, but if I'm looking at the products correctly, it looks like you need a $59 app and a $35 adapter (~$100 total after tax in texas). While it looks like a cool app, I'll probably use it once, and only once (doubt I'll be coding more than the lights, or using diagnostics).

I think I have the ability to go the other route (laptop + usb cable + software), but I can't find a simplified guide. The knowledge required to do this with confidence exists in 20+ forum postings, some of which might contain old or conflicting information.

You are correct about not using it all the time, but it does a lot more than just bulbs. You can change all kinds of stuff. It also diagnoses and clears check engine lights. The developer said they are working on more, but of course that's what they would say.....

Old 05-25-2016, 06:19 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
How would this apply on an 06 S? Same thing?

At some point, I may want to change to LED .. and I want plug and play.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:48 AM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniTigger
How would this apply on an 06 S? Same thing?

At some point, I may want to change to LED .. and I want plug and play.
I could not find a way to remove warm and cold bulb testing on an 05 back when I had it but maybe someone has found out since.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:49 AM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Also, I have a Paceman and I cannot get ANY 1156 LED bulb to work in the rears.

I did see "LED TURN SIGNALS" in NCS - wondering if that needs to be activated for LED rear indicators to work. They just dont light up at all in the back. The brakes do, but I can't find a good enough bulb that throws the light in the correct places. The paceman has a weird reflector setup.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:52 PM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hooray4kurt
Been a few weeks... but anyone else experiencing the front map LEDs not turning truly off? They are always on (even with the car shut off) in a very very dim mode...
Had the same issue on my r61 front map lights, rear map lights were OK. So I just left all map lights halogen. Shrug. They don't come on anyways when the doors open.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:36 AM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JustinGTP
Had the same issue on my r61 front map lights, rear map lights were OK. So I just left all map lights halogen. Shrug. They don't come on anyways when the doors open.
i have the ecstuning ZIZA LED complete interior kit (all bulbs except thr bulbs in the visor vwnity mirrors) and the front map lights are off completely

i checked that ALL the bulbs were completely off at night in my garage with lights out

i also have the ZIZA license plate LEDs ... perfect match to the xenon headlights

Old 10-31-2018, 12:35 PM
Adrien
1st Gear
I know this is an old thread, but to clarify, as long as I buy CAN bus bulbs, I will be ok and not throw any codes or have any "fast flashing" issues?