Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can

Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally was able to do it !!! thanks to BBoshart who helped me figured some issues I had with the step by step from the bimmer site. Ill ask him if I can take the emails he sent me, and put a tread here of the steps he gave me.

Few questions to all of you who made mods to the system

*Does anyone know why you cant have the sunroof closes all at once ?since you could do the tilt down nich activ, why doesnt it work ?

*auto unlock the doors upon parking - have anyone facing the problem of just the drive side opening ?

*have anyone made other discovery on other mods that worked ?
i think so far, what has been discuses is the seat belt chime, auto door open on parking, auto sunroof, speed display always on, window closed from fob, auto climat without Ac on ... any other ?

ps: have any of u ever found how to mute the chime from the turning signals? or having the sports mode on automatically??

Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GTECKO
*Does anyone know why you cant have the sunroof closes all at once ?since you could do the tilt down nich activ, why doesnt it work ?
Probably a limitation of the hardware opening mechanism.
Also, if you turn the ignition off, you have to hold the switch just like before.

*auto unlock the doors upon parking - have anyone facing the problem of just the drive side opening ?
you have to hit the unlock button on your key twice to open both doors, don't you? check your owner's manual for how to change this; it's an option available in the normal car settings (like 1x or 3x lane change signals).

* have anyone made other discovery on other mods that worked ?
i think so far, what has been discuses is the seat belt chime, auto door open on parking, auto sunroof, speed display always on, window closed from fob, auto climat without Ac on ... any other ?
you can also get rid of the "only use this when the vehicle is stopped and it's safe to do so" startup warning if you have the navigation system. might not have discussed it in here, though, as I think I'm the only one so far who has that option.

and I don't know if anyone's mentioned it in here (or if it even works on the MINI), but there's an option to auto-close your sunroof when it starts to rain (if you have the rain-sensing wiper option). but people who have tried this on BMWs complain that you can't get the sunroof open again until you shut the car off.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GTECKO can you put up the link that you are talking about at Bimmerforums. I'm stuck. I have reinstalled the whole thing twice and anytime I start NCSExpert I go to a bluescreen error and the computer restarts. ANY help is greatly appreciated. And those emails would be fantastic!! PM if you need to.

Last edited by GeoffreyM; 03-02-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
Probably a limitation of the hardware opening mechanism.Also, if you turn the ignition off, you have to hold the switch just like before.
I have noticed that today ... I thought I had make a mistake during the coding. Good point you mentioned it so that ppl dont think they messed up and its not working.,

you have to hit the unlock button on your key twice to open both doors, don't you? check your owner's manual for how to change this; it's an option available in the normal car settings (like 1x or 3x lane change signals).
Never thought of that, good point, thats what makes the change, I had my fob set up so that it open only my side when I press the unlock button

and I don't know if anyone's mentioned it in here (or if it even works on the MINI), but there's an option to auto-close your sunroof when it starts to rain (if you have the rain-sensing wiper option). but people who have tried this on BMWs complain that you can't get the sunroof open again until you shut the car off.
Have you tried in on you Mini ?

never seen anyone having the sports button on automatically on startup ?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just tried making active both REGENSCHLIESSEN AND REGENSCHLIESSENTILT (close sunroof when auto wipers activate) and neither worked. I have auto wipers. I tried with my sunroof tilted open and full open, and it would not close when I turned on my auto wipers. I also sprinkled water on my sensor to activate my wipers and the roof still didn't close, so I don't think this feature works on the MINI. At least on my '08.

I did notice though that when I activated both these code it stopped my one-touch close from working. My one-touch open still worked though.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Hello all

Which module can you find DIG_SPEED_PERMANENT ?

really not cool that the closed sunroof when auto wipers turn on doesnt work ...thats a cool feature.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is probably the most "alive" thread on the subject right now:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145

Btw, REGENSCHLIESSEN / REGENSCHLIESSENTILT are actually pretty useless. I have them working on a different car (not a Mini), and essentially, it only works when it rains AND when the car is ON -- so if you are driving and it starts raining, it will auto-close; and it won't let you re-open it until you shut off the car and turn it back on. So it's not like you can leave your car with the sunroof open and it will close if it starts raining - and if you are not asleep, you will probably close the sunroof yourself. Not only that, but that action actually takes a few seconds to happen - you are MUCH more likely to close it by hand than wait.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
fishbert
6th Gear
Which module can you find DIG_SPEED_PERMANENT ?
KOMBI -- instrument cluster

Old 03-03-2011, 07:22 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Thanks Fishbert, couldnt locate that one.

Jbourne, definitely would help anyone starting with ncs, I ll try to do a write up this weekend for the step I was given for my R56
Can you list what coding mod u did on ur mini ?

Last edited by GTECKO; 03-03-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One new LapTop and a fresh install and it all is working, no more blue screen. I also got the V40 Daten files downloaded and unpacked. Anyone know what files need to be updated with the V40 files?

I choose the R56 chassis and get a "Fehler" or error saying (translated) Series Error, like the files aren't there.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Jbourne, definitely would help anyone starting with ncs, I ll try to do a write up this weekend for the step I was given for my R56
Can you list what coding mod u did on ur mini ?
Hey,

So far I did the window and sunroof auto-closing. I've been mostly working on my BMW ... I figured once I crack that one, I'll just port over most of what I did to the Mini. Currently what I'm planning to do for the Mini:

- turn off the bloody DRLs (have driving lights only)
- turn off cold bulb check for driving lights or fog lights (I'm putting LEDs, so whichever one throws the error, i'll turn off the bulb check for it)
- maybe KOMFORT_EJECT (eject the key automatically, don't need to push it in and out - but it requires you to stop the engine with a longer press of the start/stop button, so in the end i'm not quite sure of the usefulness)
- turn off the "key in" dong, turn off the seatbelt dong

There's probably lots of other things we can try. The E90Post community has been extremely inventive in what they have found (someone even made his angel eyes turn on when he presses the BRAKE (!) ) - so there's lots to discover

Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM
fishbert
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jbourne
- maybe KOMFORT_EJECT (eject the key automatically, don't need to push it in and out - but it requires you to stop the engine with a longer press of the start/stop button, so in the end i'm not quite sure of the usefulness)
Don't think that one works in the MINI... but maybe in the BMW.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Well I can tell you that turning off dong works for the seatbelt and door, when you do the one for the door(meaning key remain in the "ignition") it will reset some regional settings, basically your temperature,clock would reset.
I did the DRLs change (thanks to strobeyprobey) - you will find it in FRM
its called VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
so just replace drl_l with drl_tfl_off
so it will be online like some Us models and European ones.
However, just heads up, if you do that, you wont have the welcoming lights when you open the car, as you will the headlights OFF now.

Iam going to try the confort eject - I didnt see anyone trying it and saying it didnt work/work

What i would have liked to see too if the fog light on when you brake ...

Last edited by GTECKO; 03-07-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 AM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
One new LapTop and a fresh install and it all is working, no more blue screen. I also got the V40 Daten files downloaded and unpacked. Anyone know what files need to be updated with the V40 files?

I choose the R56 chassis and get a "Fehler" or error saying (translated) Series Error, like the files aren't there.
You should have a new R56 folder that was part of the updated V40 files. Replace the R56 folder in your NCSEXPER/DATEN folder. You might want to keep the older R56 just in case you need them. It was mentioned that the V40 files could cause problems communicating with the FRM.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Well I can tell you that turning off dong works for the seatbelt and door, when you do the one for the door(meaning key remain in the "ignition") it will reset some regional settings, basically your temperature,clock would reset.
I did the DRLs change (thanks to strobeyprobey) - you will find it in FRM
its called VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
so just replace drl_l with drl_tfl_off
so it will be online like some Us models and European ones.
However, just heads up, if you do that, you wont have the welcoming lights when you open the car, as you will the headlights OFF now.

Iam going to try the confort eject - I didnt see anyone trying it and saying it didnt work/work

What i would have liked to see too if the fog light on when you brake ...
Hmm interesting - you're saying welcome lights will not work when you disable DRLs? That's weird, why would that happen - those should be different settings?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Well, if the *** is off, then only your blinkers will flash; nothing will be on.
if its on DRL(eyelids on) then they will be the welcoming light
if on headlights, it would like before and all lights would be "welcoming you"

however, having it on auto or headlight mode ON would be having it just like factory...making the mod less fulfilling - you would still be able to change the *** to OFF or drl only after you sitting in the car

Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Well, if the *** is off, then only your blinkers will flash; nothing will be on.
if its on DRL(eyelids on) then they will be the welcoming light
if on headlights, it would like before and all lights would be "welcoming you"

however, having it on auto or headlight mode ON would be having it just like factory...making the mod less fulfilling - you would still be able to change the *** to OFF or drl only after you sitting in the car
ahh i gotcha - ya same thing as the BMW. i guess i should just change DRLs to be driving lights, rather than completely turning them off, and i'll be happy with that.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Please let me know when you do and what you changed, I might like that idea better.

Just to update everyone, I just tried Komfort_eject and it doesnt work for my MCS 09; guess it might just not work with Mini

however I did find another one that worked for me, in CAS, TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT -opening doors will not interrupt window roll up operation - Normally if you do open a door while the windows are automatically rolling up,it will stop; this feature disable it.

*one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ...

Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM
jbourne
4th Gear
Nice find on the window rollup - i hate the fact that it doesn't roll up usually.

Perhaps we should keep a spreadsheet for this. I'll start one... can someone keep a backup of it in case someone erases stuff accidentally?

[EDIT] Here's the spreadsheet link.

Last edited by jbourne; 03-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ... why ? anyone who has auto sunroof and comfort access open/close try for me

Updated earlier guys, hope everyone enjoy

Here's the spreadsheet link.

Last edited by GTECKO; 03-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
oonemesisoo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cable ordered and I'm waiting for my MINI to arrive, I've read through most of these pages and either overlooked it or the question was never asked... Does doing any of this coding void the warranty? And if so how can they tell?

Old 03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
oonemesisoo
2nd Gear
one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ... why ? anyone who has auto sunroof and comfort access open/close try for me

Updated earlier guys, hope everyone enjoy

Here's the spreadsheet link.
I tried to view that spreadsheet but get the erro that i do not have permission to view it...

Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
jbourne
4th Gear
Go ahead and request permission - I've been granting it to everyone who asked.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
however I did find another one that worked for me, in CAS, TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT -opening doors will not interrupt window roll up operation - Normally if you do open a door while the windows are automatically rolling up,it will stop; this feature disable it.

*one thing I have noticed for the open comfort window with fob now; not sure if its because I changed the auto sunroof, but now if you open the windows,the sunroof will only tilt ...
When you open the door with the window up, it will dip slightly to get under the roof over hang... I wonder if this setting still pays attention to that and stops the roll-up a little early, or if your window will finish in the normal position and hit the roof overhang when you go to close it.

Also, when opening windows with the key fob, I believe mine tilted open first, then slid open if you continued to hold it (but I should probably double-check that this is correct).

Originally Posted by oonemesisoo
Does doing any of this coding void the warranty? And if so how can they tell?
In the U.S., federal law says warranty work cannot be denied due to modifications or after-market parts that are unrelated to the failure.

That said, ECUs in cars are mystical, magical boxes of wonder that nobody could possibly comprehend... so it's easy for a dealership to claim that it may have had something to do with some future warranty complaint. Probably wouldn't stand up in court; but getting to the lawyer phase of a warranty dispute means it's been a pretty painful journey already.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
oonemesisoo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jbourne
Go ahead and request permission - I've been granting it to everyone who asked.
Thanks, request submitted! and apparently before i could finish typing this it was granted!

In the U.S., federal law says warranty work cannot be denied due to modifications or after-market parts that are unrelated to the failure.

That said, ECUs in cars are mystical, magical boxes of wonder that nobody could possibly comprehend... so it's easy for a dealership to claim that it may have had something to do with some future warranty complaint. Probably wouldn't stand up in court; but getting to the lawyer phase of a warranty dispute means it's been a pretty painful journey already.
Thats exactly what i was thinking!! Thanks for the reassurance! Now I just need to patiently wait for cable and car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can