Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Yzo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fishbert
Well hell, I can do that by just holding the buttons on the tach.
True, but I can also do stuff like force the Infotainment computer to reboot to pickup coding changes.... plus make it spam the gong sound.

Thanks strobey. After I figured out how to default the modules the updated VO took effect. I've never had so much fun lobotomizing my car.

Last edited by Yzo; 01-21-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone that's got this set up running going to the Dragon? I seem to be chasing my tail in circles trying to get this set up working so I'd like to see if anyone would be willing to look over my shoulder to get it running and share some pointers.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
I would be very interested in this as well!

Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
More fun! Today I got the one touch sunroof software change made, I tried all four variations to see if I could get it to shut entirely by it self, but it stops at the vent position, so it is still two presses to get it to close or open fully. But a heck of a lot better!

Plus I did the change to the IHKA to get the AC not to engage when hitting the Auto button. Awesome!

Have you been able to read the ULF with NCS? Mine doesn't.

Also, since you reported more success with INPA, I did figure out how to update INPA with the newer data files and I can access a lot more with it now. But DIS v57 is still WAY better. And I updated both NCS and INPA with the ISTA/P v40 data files.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
hey strobeyprobey for the one touch sunroof, which of the 4 options did you set? IIRC one of them was already set to aktiv.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
hey strobeyprobey for the one touch sunroof, which of the 4 options did you set? IIRC one of them was already set to aktiv.
Look back at post #59.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
fishbert - I read that post - you say

In the SHD module, there are 4 settings: SCHIEBEHEBEDACH_TIPP_HEB, _SENK, _AUF, and _ZU (for open, close, tilt up, and tilt down functions… not necessarily in that order). One of them (for tilt open) is 'aktiv' by default.

Are you saying all 4 need to be set to aktiv? - I'm just looking for one touch open and close - I realize strobeyprobey said you can't do a one touch close - you have to "close close"

If you could elaborate a little further that would be helpful to me. thanks.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM
fishbert
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
The 4 options are for…
1) tilt open
2) slide open
3) slide closed
4) tilt closed

Right now, if you go to your MINI and tap the switch, it will one-touch tilt open. That's the one that's already set active.

But if you want it to slide the rest of the way open one-touch, you need to activate one of the other 3 options. And to reverse the process one-touch, you need to activate the other two.

Now, when you have all 4 activated, if you hit the switch, it will tilt open just like it does now. But if you hit it again, it will then slide the rest of the way open. So, if you want it open all the way, it's a 2-touch process. Same goes for closing; one touch will go from open to tilt, then another to close from tilt.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
I set them all active.

So I did test each one. If any of the four were not active, then that particular movement became non-one touch. So if I had the 'shut to vent' not active, then sunroof acts just like it does from the the factory: you need to hold the switch to get it to shut to the vent position. Then I could press it again (to the second detent) and get it to shut all the way.

Last edited by strobeyprobey; 01-28-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
thank you to you both. I would say that the only features I really wanted to get working are the:

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB in the CAS
DIG_SPEED_PERMANENT in the KOMBI
and now the
SCHIEBEHEBEDACH_TIPP_HEB, _SENK, _AUF in the SHD

realistically we should get a sticky thread going with just the working commands and the modules they are located.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
asha
Neutral
Will this work on R53? Or only on 2nd gen?

EDIT: just looked into the extracted files. Looks like R53 can use the R50

Last edited by asha; 02-04-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
I am not sure what options you will have available as I never looked into the module files. NCS Expert will work as long as you have the correct interface. I think the D-CAN cable will work, but it would be best to check the list of supported car models.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm ready to go, software, cable and all, but I have a R60. Anyone have daten files that include it yet?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:10 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Yeah the R60 has been included for quite awhile, the R58 and R59 is already being included in the Daten files. I would recommend going over to the other forum and grabbing the ISTA/P v40 as well. You will still select R56 for the chassis model.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Thanks, but which forum are you referring to?
NEVERMIND

I see you over on bimmerforums too.

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
The Bimmerforums diagnostic software section. There is a thread with the links to the v40 package. FYI for anyone that has updated, I have run into a couple of issues using the v40 data, I have had a few improvements and access to modules I did not have before, but I also had my FRM no longer communicate! So I had to go back to an older version of files just for the FRM to get it to work again.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:09 PM
fixman2k
2nd Gear
Hello - quite the Mini u have - I'm just curious, did you get the "Pandora Radio" add on to your Mini?

Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
I'm ready to go, software, cable and all, but I have a R60. Anyone have daten files that include it yet?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:57 PM
spinned
4th Gear
In the SHD module, there are 4 settings: SCHIEBEHEBEDACH_TIPP_HEB, _SENK, _AUF, and _ZU (for open, close, tilt up, and tilt down functions… not necessarily in that order). One of them (for tilt open) is 'aktiv' by default.
It's time to update the first page of the forum. I am having trouble getting through 4 pages of this. Is there an easy fix for this or do you still have to buy cables and gadgets and figure out software codes to install this?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree ... I am all new to this website however I have been following many threads as some of my concerns or wonders were already asked by ppl.
I decided to join this community as I think this is the most diverse website for Minis.
Iam really interested in the mods talked about in those treads however like Spinned mentioned, I am getting a bit lost in 4 pages of instructions ... I managed to get the downloads done, got the cable, got the software to read the car, however Iam lost when it comes the step to the "coding" done ...

Would it be possible to do a "new" write up ?

thanks

Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 PM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
Four pages isn't that much! Have you been following the Alta AccessPort thread!? Now that is hard to get through. Anyway, the first page lists all you need to know.

This website (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1483234) was listed and has everything you need to know about coding. I've been able to program auto sunroof, auto A/C off, permanent digital speedo, fob comfort closing, and a lot more. And I'm not horribly computer literate.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Still looking for the v40 daten files. As you can tell, my concentration has been elsewhere, but it's time to start coding, but I would rather not mess with stuff without them. Any help? I've been prowling the bimmer forum, but I can get them download. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
To get the coding done, you will need to follow the steps in the NCS Dummy thread. To get the Trace file output of the module you choose, then modify the settings you want in the .man file and write.

You probably don't need the v40 files, the v34 ones I linked to will probably get most things done for you. v38 should also be floating around as well.

I would like to create at a step by step process of making the changes, but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
moondawg14
2nd Gear
My cable from ecutool.com showed up last night. It might be the weekend before I get any free time to fire it up and see what I can get done.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 AM
robspec
3rd Gear
for the life of me i cant get it set up on my laptop,anyone local to los angeles got this thing working willing to help out?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Getting Blue screen and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA message and then a restart whenever I start up NCSExpert. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Quick Reply: Electrical Close Windows & Sunroof with the remote, yes you can