ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tedbone,

Sorry to hear about your install issues. We made the outlet of our intercooler at an angle on one side to fit the boost tubes better. As long as you cut a hole big enough for the boost tubes to match up with the intercooler, they should fit fine. Our intercooler is wider than the stock, and the cutting is essential to getting the tubes to fit correctly. As long as the hose is clamped down before the bead on the intercooler, you won't have to worry about it popping off.

If you're still having problems, send me some pictures to tech@altaperformance, and I can help you out, thanks!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Mello_Yellow
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Chris,

Just want to say I just purchased a CIA from you. I was hesitant on the price last night, but picked it up on it's sale price. I was wondering, when do you think this will actually get out in the mail? I chose 5 day ground. I just need to make sure this gets here within 2 weeks.

Thanks

Darryl
M_Y

Old 02-04-2010, 08:25 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Darryl,

Thanks for your order! As long as we have it in stock, it should be leaving today or tomorrow, and we'll send you an e mail with tracking, thanks!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Mello_Yellow
3rd Gear
Sounds great, thanks!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Thegasteck
Neutral
Adam,
Just sent an email to you at adam.taft@altaminiperformance.com looking for resolution to an ongoing issue.
Thanks Again...

Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Lunnzz
1st Gear
I just installed a CAI from Alta last night and decided after the install it will be the last thing I buy from them. The silicone hose that goes from the throttle body to the air box is made incorrectly it does not fit I would send it back but I had to trim it to make it fit and after looking at it some more looks like I have to do more trimming. Also the spot where the crankcase hose plugs into points toward the firewall when it should point toward the passenger's side of the car so the center of the silicone hose is now twisted to make it work. Probably will have to go out and buy a hose that is more flexable to run crankcase vent hose properly OEM is stiff something I should not be doing. Hope the 15% pulley install goes better.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
JamesHunt
Banned
Originally Posted by Lunnzz
I just installed a CAI from Alta last night and decided after the install it will be the last thing I buy from them. The silicone hose that goes from the throttle body to the air box is made incorrectly it does not fit I would send it back but I had to trim it to make it fit and after looking at it some more looks like I have to do more trimming. Also the spot where the crankcase hose plugs into points toward the firewall when it should point toward the passenger's side of the car so the center of the silicone hose is now twisted to make it work. Probably will have to go out and buy a hose that is more flexable to run crankcase vent hose properly OEM is stiff something I should not be doing. Hope the 15% pulley install goes better.

Contact Jarid

Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM
call it spade
5th Gear
Did you buy an automatic CAI? Sounds like it... Did you purchase directly from ALTA? Post a picture.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Lunnzz
1st Gear
This is exactly what mine looks like only problem the nipple where the crank case hose mates to is not pointing in the correct direction. Also had to do some trimming to the end that mated to air box shroud to get it to fit like I said before still needs trimmed does not sit flush or how I feel it should sit on the throttle body.

http://www.altaperformance.com/share...1960_large.jpg

Part # AMP-INT-201BK is what I ordered, invoice states "Does not fit automatic" so if it is the wrong one I did not order the wrong one they sent me the wrong one.Yes ordered directly from Alta.

Last edited by Lunnzz; 02-17-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 PM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did you contact Alta before you posted in this thread?

Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Richieb0y28
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i dont get why people have to come on here and bash Alta. I ordered my intake and inlet hardpipe, and while I was installing it, i ran into some issues, but i called them and they talked me through it over the phone. At first i thought something was wrong, but they explained it to me and everything fit perfectly for me. i've had it installed for a lil over a month and no problems what so ever. I've had no problems with Alta or any of their employees, but if I ever did, I would contact and try to resolve it. No company wants unsatisfied customers, so they will do everything possible to fix the issue.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 AM
LetsMotorR53
2nd Gear
^ I agree

Old 02-19-2010, 07:37 AM
fishead # 1
3rd Gear
As with most purcases these days-"you get what you pay for!" In the case of "ALTA"--DON'T let the cheap pricing fool you !! They WILL NOT stand behind their products ! To say their return policies are "draconian" IS being conservative to say the LEAST !! As of this moment 2 / 19 / 10 I'm going after them in regard to the (documented) POOR performance of their "400 V-2 top mount intercooler" (which IS mysteriously no longer available) dealing with this company IS a nitemere when it comes to "responsibility" issues on THEIR part. They actually AGREED that this intercooler performed poorly/agreed to anexchange (in parts) than DENIED the whole thing after recieving the inter cooler due to some "scratches to the paint" etc due to obvious installation & use ! They MAKE you sign a "release form that allows for non acceptance on "returns" due to "scratches" etc. This IS now being used as an excuse for NON ACCEPTANCE of an item THEY NO LONGER SELL !!! Why not ?? IT DOESN'T WORK !! The "stock" mini R-53 intercooler actually OUT-PERFORMS this "behemoth "V-2" DUE to it's SIZE. ANYONE with similar problems re: returns etc PLEASE CONTACT ME !! fishead # 1 p.s. This matter IS in the process of going to the OREGON STATE ATTYS GEN OFFICE--FRAUD DIV !!! Thank you !!--------dave

Old 02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Dave,
You first contacted us telling us our intercooler doesn’t work and that we needed to call Mini Madness and PSI (dyno shop) to discuss. Before we did that we asked you what made you think it didn’t work. The response I received was “Mini Madness still hasn’t heard from you and I am going to take this up with the Oregon State Attorny General Office Fraud division”. I asked again what makes you think that you lost power, and in turn telling you I was not going to contact Mini Madness for reason not worth discussing here. I said we really want to help you out but we need info. We called the dyno shop and they were not able to give us anything other than the parts before and after were very different, the AFR was totally different and the power was different on runs.

Your emails continued to come in with threats, comments about our poor customer service, us going out of business and how we ripped off other people’s parts, all untrue and obviously you were trying to make us look bad. Obviously you were frustrated, but you still never answered the questions we asked to help figure out what the problem was and how you came to this conclusion. But we took the high road and every email back to you was nice and asked the same question. After 3 times back and forth we still never had our answer.

A week later we realized you were sending your responses we needed to SALES@ not me, Chris@ (which you were responding to before). After we got this info, we apologized to you that we had missed the emails! We said, NO PROBLEM it looks like either the core leaks, or the couplers used during the test were not sealing (due to the AFR changes and inlet changes) and while the dyno plots we got were not clear as to what exactly was installed between each run, we said send it back and we will give you a refund!

All this time, we never said we were NOT going to let you return the part. After you provided us with info, we were willing to give you all your money back. We thought the worst thing that we would do is re-powdercoat the part, and sell it in our Garage sale stuff. No big deal.

NOW the big deal is we get the Intercooler back that has a huge notch cut out of the front, (showing it was not installed properly), holes drilled it in, big scratches, and over all looked like it was treated very poorly. I don’t think you deserve your complete purchase price back as it was more than just installed. We would normally charge the customer a restock fee based on the cost to recon the part or what may sell it for. In your case no one is going to buy that for more than $300 so a restock fee of $290 is very fair.

I don’t want to hear that we lied about how the IC performs. We have dyno proof, calculated proof, air temp in and out proof, pressure drop proof, tons of forum posts, about how it works. I think that all of your problems are do to poor installation having to do with Intercooler couples and the fact the installer that has it out for us. Your reaction was taking the part off and not seek support or come by so we could check a couple of things.

We as a company are done with you at this point. You do nothing but bash us everywhere, you don’t believe anything we tell you and you never gave us a good chance to help you out. We did nothing but be nice and tried to help you, but you didn’t seem to care as you had your mind made up before we had a chance to help.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Big hole cut in the IC and sharpee marker marks everywhere. Also small hole drilled in side for some reason. Doesn't look like they bolted anything thru the hole.

Two deep rub marks with more sharpee

Picture showing amount of air scoop cut off. cut edges sharpeed

Last edited by ALTA_Jarid; 02-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doh! Good luck with that fishead. Why did you cut it all up? I can't think of anything up on top that would require all that cutting.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Lunnzz
1st Gear
Well I talked with Jarid yesterday and sent him a e-mail of said tube per his request and got some answers but not quite to my satisfaction but Jarid said they would be here for me so we will see. And to everybody I did not bash Alta per say one bit but I was not happy with the product I bought the service I did receive from them was spot on.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Well I talked with Jarid yesterday and sent him a e-mail of said tube per his request and got some answers but not quite to my satisfaction but Jarid said they would be here for me so we will see. And to everybody I did not bash Alta per say one bit but I was not happy with the product I bought the service I did receive from them was spot on.
Thanks for the call and the pics. I discussed your problem with Chris and we are both going to form a solution and get you taken care of. I do need some measurements off your hose so give me a call monday so we can chat. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to help!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 PM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Wow nice going fish head lol maybe next time you get ready to dish it out be ready to take it in. Alta has proof of you doing all sorts of crazy ***** to that thing while you still haven't showed proof that you actually lost power. But hell who wouldn't when the installer blows.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 PM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Oh yeah, hey Chris it's Mario, do you guys carry 20 mil spacers , was looking to get a set With those extended bolts. Pm'd with price asap!!! Can't call, doing training in California for afghanistan

Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BlckJCWGhst
Oh yeah, hey Chris it's Mario, do you guys carry 20 mil spacers , was looking to get a set With those extended bolts. Pm'd with price asap!!! Can't call, doing training in California for afghanistan
Pretty sure H&R make 5 and 15 mil spacer.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:04 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BlckJCWGhst
H&R does, I'll take a look on Monday and send you a pm, thanks man!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Lunnzz
1st Gear
Jarid, will give you a call Monday

Old 02-20-2010, 10:21 AM
call it spade
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Jarid
Pretty sure H&R make 5 and 15 mil spacer.
H&R makes up to 90mm spacers..

Old 02-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Minitauro
4th Gear
I've been running the 19mm swaybar and control arms hard at the track for about a year now. No problems whatsoever - no squeaking, clunking - nothing.

Quick Reply: ALTA Performance Feedback! (questions/comments)