Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain M62 SC on the MINI is reality

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:26 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini Fireman
Between refining the kit for multiple applications, developing complimentary parts and figuring out the best pulley configuration(s), I am sure they have their hands full. The wait only seems so long because the development cycle has been so public so early. Patience may seem a difficult thing here, but it's in all of our best interests if we want a solid and well developed kit. Let's face it, they'd be crucified here if they put out a faulty, underdeveloped product simply to meet market demands.
I have to plea guilty to letting out a lot of info early...... my car is done and running great.... currently tuned and I am very pleased....

there are three cars at the shop getting kits and Dave is sending one to Peter very soon...... I was at the dyno two nights last week tweaking and we did not get a final read... I think the car is now ready.....but I do not have any more time this coming week.....

At this time I have left it up to Dave when he releases numbers and information....... I am not trying to tease you all I am too tired (drove to Asheville NC today and back) but my car is damn fast right now and lots of fun to drive..... I called Dave this morning and told him I think we finally have it.....and he will tell you I am honest with him pretty hard to impress and please..... I am very happy with the way the car is performing.....

I would think I am in the running for the fastest non twin charge Mini...... but with the stock clutch I am not sure If I want to find out

Old 10-21-2006, 10:40 PM
cooper99
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SpiderX, with all the time and $$$$ you have spent, I sure hope you are the fastest non nitroused/twin-charged MCS out there.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:11 PM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cooper99
SpiderX, with all the time and $$$$ you have spent, I sure hope you are the fastest non nitroused/twin-charged MCS out there.
uhhhhh yeah Damn I already have the money to spend on this thing. I will be patient though.

Bob with all that money you have spent you haven't replaced the clutch?

I'd work on that. It's awesome to see that we finally have the completed supermini. Congrats Bob hopefully sometime soon I will experience what you are right now.

Mikey

Old 10-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Checkmate
5th Gear
I can't hardly wait. It's been a rough year financially so I've had to live with a mostly stock mini, which I love, but knowing there is so much more potential, it's hard to live with. I'm excited for something like this coming out that will end up working so well with my mini and not really have worries about quality. So keep up the experimentation and let us know. It makes me more confident about what I want to stick on my MINI.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:20 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChiliCooperS
uhhhhh yeah Damn I already have the money to spend on this thing. I will be patient though.

Bob with all that money you have spent you haven't replaced the clutch?

I'd work on that. It's awesome to see that we finally have the completed supermini. Congrats Bob hopefully sometime soon I will experience what you are right now.

Mikey
the stock clutch is fine .... Eric (Helix) still runs a stock clutch on his twin charge "monster"..... as long as you don't do a lot of crazy ***** it is incredibly "robust"

my plan is to get a Quaiffe when the clutch goes and maybe a flywheel nothing too light but rather a mfg improvement... that will cost about $3K with labor so I am in NO hurry.......

Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
SpiderX needs to addd "spared no expense" (jurrasic park quote) to his sig.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:18 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that would be awesome! it would give me another reason to get back out to the track!!!

Best of luck with the build guys! I am really interested to see the results of the M62!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:28 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SpiderX
I have to plea guilty to letting out a lot of info early...... my car is done and running great.... currently tuned and I am very pleased....

there are three cars at the shop getting kits and Dave is sending one to Peter very soon...... I was at the dyno two nights last week tweaking and we did not get a final read... I think the car is now ready.....but I do not have any more time this coming week.....

At this time I have left it up to Dave when he releases numbers and information....... I am not trying to tease you all I am too tired (drove to Asheville NC today and back) but my car is damn fast right now and lots of fun to drive..... I called Dave this morning and told him I think we finally have it.....and he will tell you I am honest with him pretty hard to impress and please..... I am very happy with the way the car is performing.....

I would think I am in the running for the fastest non twin charge Mini...... but with the stock clutch I am not sure If I want to find out

if you want a clutch or clutch flywheel combo i will sell you one at my cost... pm me if you are interested. I just want to see this bad boy go down the track!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:39 PM
RCMini
1st Gear
Waiting for the results of the M62 is killing me.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
CooperDrew
3rd Gear
I'm surprized this got to the second page of drivetrain

Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 PM
miniflop
Banned
Originally Posted by CooperDrew
I'm surprized this got to the second page of drivetrain
Lack of news here has made this almost anti-climactic

Old 10-26-2006, 06:43 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniflop
Lack of news here has made this almost anti-climactic
Dr. O was pretty effective in his request that we not post unless we have something concrete..... my car is running great and has been home for about a week..... I love the power..... "hornguys" (Jim) and "Gr8force" (Dane) have been for a ride and I think they were quite impresssed. I will be at the mod party in Greenville SC with "Way motor works" on the 11th of Nov. held at the DDM shop.....

There are a few small issues left to clear up that have to do with tuning etc ..... we have not arrived at final numbers.....we have tuned a couple of times now and I am very happy with the feel of the car and the way it delivers power......

I'm sorry there are no numbers but we are just not done...... speaking with Don at Pecision this morning, he recognizes what a task this is considering the Siemans ECU.....A decision has been made to post the numbers on some of the 4 cars that are currently in the que......additionally the M7 car should be available for numbers sometime fairly soon.....Dave is deep in the process of preparing the kits......

My car is in Atlanta and for the serious you can call me and I will be happy to give you a demo...... PM me for an appointment.

We are a little over 3 months into a process that normally takes close to a year..... I have literally shed blood for this (dog bite) and speak with dave 2-3 times a day......FWIW I can't imagine needing more power for a street/twisties/autocross/track day/ car... but that is just me

Old 10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
spillman
5th Gear
Come on now tunning the Siemens shouldn't be that bad. After all you just installed a large supercharger. Trying making it run with out one.

Dr. O was pretty effective in his request that we not post unless we have something concrete..... my car is running great and has been home for about a week..... I love the power..... "hornguys" (Jim) and "Gr8force" (Dane) have been for a ride and I think they were quite impresssed. I will be at the mod party in Greenville SC with "Way motor works" on the 11th of Nov. held at the DDM shop.....

There are a few small issues left to clear up that have to do with tuning etc ..... we have not arrived at final numbers.....we have tuned a couple of times now and I am very happy with the feel of the car and the way it delivers power......

I'm sorry there are no numbers but we are just not done...... speaking with Don at Pecision this morning, he recognizes what a task this is considering the Siemans ECU.....A decision has been made to post the numbers on some of the 4 cars that are currently in the que......additionally the M7 car should be available for numbers sometime fairly soon.....Dave is deep in the process of preparing the kits......

My car is in Atlanta and for the serious you can call me and I will be happy to give you a demo...... PM me for an appointment.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by spillman
Come on now tunning the Siemens shouldn't be that bad. After all you just installed a large supercharger. Trying making it run with out one.
does your turbo run "without one"... are you using a stand alone?

Old 10-26-2006, 06:55 PM
spillman
5th Gear
does your turbo run "without one"... are you using a stand alone?
Yes my turbo runs without a supercharger. I am running a stock ecu with a few self tuned tricks.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Yes my turbo runs without a supercharger. I am running a stock ecu with a few self tuned tricks.
very cool...... I hope you come to DDM in November for the WMW party... I would live to see your car....

Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 PM
spillman
5th Gear
very cool...... I hope you come to DDM in November for the WMW party... I would live to see your car....
So would you die if you didn't see it? Sorry couldn't resist considering the spelling.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:01 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
So would you die if you didn't see it? Sorry couldn't resist considering the spelling.
I can't type worth a damn......

Old 10-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Veni_Vidi_Vici
5th Gear
3FWIW I can't imagine needing more power for a street/twisties/autocross/track day/ car... but that is just me
You of all people should know: fast is fun until it becomes routine. Then you must have faster.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus

it is the same for us... all of our turbo only cars are stock ecu... even the M600 during testing was stock ecu... once it was werkin then we went to the motec cuase it's easier.... but the stock ecu is very very stout

Last edited by Tüls; 10-26-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by Veni_Vidi_Vici
You of all people should know: fast is fun until it becomes routine. Then you must have faster.
I will have to disagree with this... my ducati never got old... or slow.... it was always fun... 300 WHP in the mini is the same way... it's just silly.... and no matter how many times I have driven a 300 WHP mini it's just fast... power to wieght is at that point... everything above that... well is just insane.... but honestly I rarely drive me car over 350 WHP.... it's just not nessisary for day to day... 300 WHP makes the MINI faster than 90% of the cars on the road... and so for merging or out running car jackers... it's perfect... then if you want more... or have a 600 WHP supra pull up to you... you can turn it up... LOL

Old 10-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Fireballed Tuls
I will have to disagree with this... my ducati never got old... or slow.... it was always fun... 300 WHP in the mini is the same way... it's just silly.... and no matter how many times I have driven a 300 WHP mini it's just fast... power to wieght is at that point... everything above that... well is just insane.... but honestly I rarely drive me car over 350 WHP.... it's just not nessisary for day to day... 300 WHP makes the MINI faster than 90% of the cars on the road... and so for merging or out running car jackers... it's perfect... then if you want more... or have a 600 WHP supra pull up to you... you can turn it up... LOL
Have you had any 600 WHP Supra's pull up next to you? If you did, did you run it, and if you did, what was the outcome?

Old 10-26-2006, 07:47 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Veni_Vidi_Vici
No, I hink this is enough.... the car is balanced and fun to drive and fast enough for me..... I may make other changes possibly transmission...lsd/clutch/flywheel... lose the heavy battery.... tweek here and there but I can say I am pretty much done...... I may start another car at some point.....

Old 10-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Soul Coughing
5th Gear
Received 150 Likes on 114 Posts
its true, fast is relative... when you get used to it... you want more... and then more.... and your bank account keeps complaining... and then you get a new car and you want to do it all over again....

Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by 02///MCS
Have you had any 600 WHP Supra's pull up next to you? If you did, did you run it, and if you did, what was the outcome?
nope... but I held pace with an F6 ...LOL... I wish I coulda seen his face.(helmet was on)... side by side... till.....very fast... he just kept looking over like... WTF!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain M62 SC on the MINI is reality