Drivetrain Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 03:33 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by Warren2185
Well it certainly doesn't sound right. My stock to stage 1 upgrade, you could not mistake that it was tuned and pulled harder. I only use the phone app for boost (now when my laptop isn't logging), not a gauge, but it shows it going up. Are you able to send logs to them. I ended up buying the Palmer software they suggested and put it on an old laptop, I then direct wired it to the OBD port so it had fast readings. Using the Palmer I was able to log the exact parameters they needed to look at. It took a little to figure out how to record the right logs, but it was kind of fun too. Good luck.
How many PIDs per second were you able to pull that way? I haven’t been able to get above 19/sec in a similar wired configuration. That sounds like a lot but if I’m logging 10 PIDs that is an effective update rate of 2/sec. that’s not enough to accurately map transients.

I would love some way to pull data at the full potential of the CANbus.

Old 11-25-2020, 04:42 PM
Warren2185
3rd Gear
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bratling
How many PIDs per second were you able to pull that way?
Sorry, I'm the wrong guy to ask. It was all I could do to figure out how to send the mapping that Bytetronik "screen grabbed" for me to send them (see below). They said, "send these using Palmer". At first I had no clue. So I don't know the particulars of the PID's per second count on the logs. On my log I did see the frame rates (see image below) but that may be something non-related. That file log had a 22 parameter count, but I don't know the settings for each PID priority level and how often each scanned. Sorry I don't know more.

The following users liked this post:
bratling (11-25-2020)
Old 07-31-2021, 07:17 AM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
It's been a fun ride...

It's been a long journey... but at last, we have decided to exit from the forum scene. Starting August 1st, we will not be a vendor on NAM thus our account will be 'inactive'.

For tech and sales support, feel free to contact us directly via our website or email (info@bytetronik.com). All of our MINI R&D news will be announcing through our website or via social media. Follow us on FB or IG under "Bytetronik".

Happy Motoring!

Old 08-06-2021, 05:49 PM
lonewolf170
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik
It's been a long journey... but at last, we have decided to exit from the forum scene. Starting August 1st, we will not be a vendor on NAM thus our account will be 'inactive'.

For tech and sales support, feel free to contact us directly via our website or email (info@bytetronik.com). All of our MINI R&D news will be announcing through our website or via social media. Follow us on FB or IG under "Bytetronik".

Happy Motoring!
Can't say too much of a surprise. I attempted to have my f55 tuned through Byetronik and it didn't work out. Shipped my ECU 1st time to them, car wouldn't read when reinstalled. Shipped 2nd time, went to flash tune and it bricked my ECU. Supposedly my car had some extra software. It's a 2017 that hadn't seen a dealer since 2019. They were able to have someone assist remotely but I refused to send back my ECU for a third time. Went the return route for all their parts and they still charged me a restocking fee even though the service was never delivered. While I still do not have my car tuned and have debated switching back to stock. I would recommend one of the many other tuners out there over Byetronik.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:05 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by lonewolf170
Can't say too much of a surprise. I attempted to have my f55 tuned through Byetronik and it didn't work out. Shipped my ECU 1st time to them, car wouldn't read when reinstalled. Shipped 2nd time, went to flash tune and it bricked my ECU. Supposedly my car had some extra software. It's a 2017 that hadn't seen a dealer since 2019. They were able to have someone assist remotely but I refused to send back my ECU for a third time. Went the return route for all their parts and they still charged me a restocking fee even though the service was never delivered. While I still do not have my car tuned and have debated switching back to stock. I would recommend one of the many other tuners out there over Byetronik.
yikes! My experience with them was very different. 2015 F55. I did have to ship my ECU out, but it was turned around quickly and had zero issues on reinstall. The initial tune boosted higher than I was comfortable with so they dialed it back and I have been a happy camper since then. I think that was back in 2017 or so. Maybe something changed. But I got good value for my money and a smooth experience.