Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Exhaust or Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 11:49 AM
VanisleRyan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust or Crank Pulley

So Im having my 15 % sc pulley installed soon but Ive started thinking I might get my crank pulley done at the same time. Im thinking about an ati super damper w/2% overdrive. Now if I dont do that I was thinking to buy a bargain ebay exhaust. ..

Car is a 2006 Cooper S with 42,000kms. Only mod installed at the moment is a JCW CAI that came with car.

So what would you do....crank pulley or bargain exhaust. Keep in mind I already have the sc pulley just need to have it installed.

Or maybe you suggest something entirely different to spend money on.

Thanks for any input.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:22 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Go with the crank pulley. They are a part that is a WHEN is it going to fail not an IF? We see them fail almost daily as the cars get older. So doing it now will prevent a surprise bill later.
Also your mechanic may discount the labor since you're doing the pulley at the same time.
And the ATI damper will balance better than the stock and the engine will idle smoother.

You can always add an exhaust later, but will give you time to save up to get a quality exhaust.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 09-13-2015, 09:55 PM
VanisleRyan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Go with the crank pulley. They are a part that is a WHEN is it going to fail not an IF? We see them fail almost daily as the cars get older. So doing it now will prevent a surprise bill later.
Also your mechanic may discount the labor since you're doing the pulley at the same time.
And the ATI damper will balance better than the stock and the engine will idle smoother.

You can always add an exhaust later, but will give you time to save up to get a quality exhaust.
Thats what I was thinking about the exhaust. ...why settle for a cheap one. Also its really the least bang for the buck performance wise. I am going to go for the pulley. Only problem now is getting one up to Western Canada. Im looking on ebay atm but Id prefer to buy one from Way.