Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Offical MarioKart Review Thread.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:28 PM
yesti
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Upgraded from the JB+ to the stage 1+ manic tune and am very happy with it. The linear throttle response, even in sport mode, makes the car a lot easier to drive smoothly especially with the increased power. The SPS switch works great and is very fast to switch maps (less than 5 seconds).

Stage 1/1+ tunes do not lower water temperatures and they eliminate the cold start, per Mario, but the stage 2 and above have these features.

Mario is always quick to respond to email and I can see why he is so highly recommended. Shipping is fast and payment is quick and easy.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Ovrclck
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently got my Stage 2 + and ceramic coated dp from Mario! Was such an awesome experience! Mario definitely knows his MINIs! Mario helped me get the dp installed the same day so I could have fun on the way home. He made sure that I was satisfied and also explained the process and answered any questions that I had. Even after I had it done, he was still available and helped me with something as easy as the correct gap for the evo plugs.

I got a chance to ride in his M4....fast is an understatement

I forgot to mention that I originally came from a jb+ It's a gateway drug for sure.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:44 PM
SPYECAR
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEL issue

I have a 2013 MCS with a JB+ which eventually will be upgraded to a Manic tune. When I installed a 200 cell DP with a Big Daddy's Garage Mini Cat, I got a P-0141 code. I presume the Manic tune will take care of that, but does anybody know how I can get rid of the P-0141 code meanwhile?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:50 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by SPYECAR
I have a 2013 MCS with a JB+ which eventually will be upgraded to a Manic tune. When I installed a 200 cell DP with a Big Daddy's Garage Mini Cat, I got a P-0141 code. I presume the Manic tune will take care of that, but does anybody know how I can get rid of the P-0141 code meanwhile?
I can help you, send me an email and we can go over the details MarioPalza@gmail.com

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 08-16-2015, 05:44 PM
5899jason
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great customer care

I met Mario on LXM and got in contact with him by phone to help try and solve a big problem I was having with a new R60 I bought months prior. I had my ECU sent off to a company and while it was gone I did some upgrades. I got the ECU back and my car wouldn't run, throttle postion code was being thrown along w many others. The company (which will be nameless) wasn't getting back to me with help so that's when I turned to Mario. I was wondering if the codes were right on my ECU, and to see if maybe that was the problem or it was the upgrades I did. Mario wanted me to send my ECU to him to see what he could do to help a man in need. In the mean time the other company that did my tune finally got back to me, 1-1/2 weeks later after the tune and Mario already had my ECU and contacted the writer of the tune and got the codes. I told Mario I would like it back to stock tune so I can take it to the dealer, and with that request he did, and I got it a day later and was still having the issue. Mario never left me hanging and was very interested in what the problem was. Long story short, lol, the fried the unit D board on my mini which is throttle postion when I disconnected the ECU with out disconnecting the battery.😲🔫 the whole time Mario was interested and wanting to learn from my experince all the way down to the part number of the board. And he did it with passion like I was more then just a person! I will do as much of my business with Mario as I possibly can.

The following users liked this post:
Davers (02-23-2020)
Old 08-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Chrismonson
1st Gear
Has anyone tried the turbo Mario supplies? I am thinking of getting it from him this next month.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there any info about the turbo he uses?

Old 10-04-2015, 12:03 AM
CaliminiR56
2nd Gear
Where do I start, I've been wondering which road I was going to take tune wise. Always heard great things about Mario. So when I heard he was taking a trip up to Nor cal I got in contact with him, we talked on the phone for more than 30 mins about my car what I want done, how to take away any drone going full catless and what he can do for my car. We set up a date and met up to knock this thing out in the heart of downtown SF right outside his hotel. Even though he was on such a restricted time as he was there for pleasure he still took the time to make sure I got what I wanted in a timely manner.
But now for the tune, HOLLY MOTHER OF the Devil! This car is a Demond! The way it lays power now is mind blowing. I've only done a 1-4 gear pull and stopped cause I was so surprised that I'm already hitting over 100 so dam fast! Plus, the pops definitely add that feature of you love to turn heads. Every head in SF was turning as I deaccelerated. I got a lot of guys with their jaws dropped drooling lol.
If your hesitant about manic don't be, and definitely get it done through Mario!

I have a 2010 MCS with a Riss racing DP, eBay inter cooler, k&n intake, alta hot side boost tube.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliminiR56
Where do I start, I've been wondering which road I was going to take tune wise. Always heard great things about Mario. So when I heard he was taking a trip up to Nor cal I got in contact with him, we talked on the phone for more than 30 mins about my car what I want done, how to take away any drone going full catless and what he can do for my car. We set up a date and met up to knock this thing out in the heart of downtown SF right outside his hotel. Even though he was on such a restricted time as he was there for pleasure he still took the time to make sure I got what I wanted in a timely manner.
But now for the tune, HOLLY MOTHER OF the Devil! This car is a Demond! The way it lays power now is mind blowing. I've only done a 1-4 gear pull and stopped cause I was so surprised that I'm already hitting over 100 so dam fast! Plus, the pops definitely add that feature of you love to turn heads. Every head in SF was turning as I deaccelerated. I got a lot of guys with their jaws dropped drooling lol.
If your hesitant about manic don't be, and definitely get it done through Mario!

I have a 2010 MCS with a Riss racing DP, eBay inter cooler, k&n intake, alta hot side boost tube.
What stage tune did you get? If only Mini had built the engine like you describe from the start, Mini's would have sold like crazy!

Old 10-04-2015, 07:37 PM
CaliminiR56
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Systemlord
What stage tune did you get? If only Mini had built the engine like you describe from the start, Mini's would have sold like crazy!
I got the stage 2+, where I have a map for meth/race gas. Plus I got the flames the pops that come with it is AMAZING! But yea man, if only mini did! I raced my friend again with his r53 with cai, intake and some other things and just kept pulling and pull!

Just got done taking the GF around on Map B and she said she can't breath because the force I am accelerating at pushes her ***** to hard on her chest making it hard to breath! XD

Last edited by CaliminiR56; 10-05-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:45 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Where do I start, I've been wondering which road I was going to take tune wise. Always heard great things about Mario. So when I heard he was taking a trip up to Nor cal I got in contact with him, we talked on the phone for more than 30 mins about my car what I want done, how to take away any drone going full catless and what he can do for my car. We set up a date and met up to knock this thing out in the heart of downtown SF right outside his hotel. Even though he was on such a restricted time as he was there for pleasure he still took the time to make sure I got what I wanted in a timely manner. But now for the tune, HOLLY MOTHER OF the Devil! This car is a Demond! The way it lays power now is mind blowing. I've only done a 1-4 gear pull and stopped cause I was so surprised that I'm already hitting over 100 so dam fast! Plus, the pops definitely add that feature of you love to turn heads. Every head in SF was turning as I deaccelerated. I got a lot of guys with their jaws dropped drooling lol. If your hesitant about manic don't be, and definitely get it done through Mario! I have a 2010 MCS with a Riss racing DP, eBay inter cooler, k&n intake, alta hot side boost tube.
Good meeting you Friday and sorry about the times. That Friday San Francisco traffic really slowed me down, but we were lucky to be able to tune your car right there in front of Hotel Valet
Your car sounded very aggressive after you left the hotel and the exhaust was echoing off the downtown buildings.
Don't forget, we can still do Stage 3, turbo and Meth.
Take care thanks for sharing
Mario

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 10-25-2015, 02:54 AM
diwhiteii
1st Gear
Mario is the Man with the Manic plan!

Hello to All,

First things first, I want to personally thank Mario for making a special trip to NorCal to take care of a few of us. I spoke with three Manic dealers before I decided to go with Mario. All of them knew their stuff, but Mario stood out and I knew he was the right man for the tune. We spoke on the phone multiple times before he came to San Francisco and through all are conversations he really made me feel comfortable with going Manic. I previously had the Jb+ and was happy with it, but a tune will always be more precise as for the delivery of power and the consistency.

Now lets get to the power difference. The Jb+ was great before I started buying a bunch of bolt-ons. Once the mods were on the JB+ didn't seem to put down the power I was expecting at 60% on the dial. Once I went Manic with Stage 2+ I was speechless! Map A, super powerful! Map B, beast mode! Map C E85 blend, spaceship! I am really impressed with the tune and can't be happier! I love speed as I have a 2014 BMW S1000RR Motorcycle (200hp) and now it's not being ridden much because my Mini is so fun to drive. If any one is on the fence about the Manic Tune give Mario a call you won't regret it!

Car: 2013 Mini JCW Clubman
My Mods:
Exterior Mods: Black F56 DRL Retrofit, Black Aero 2 Grille Side Scuttle Set, Black JCW Grille Surround, Red Brake Ducts, Carbon Fiber Antenna Base, A pillar Matte Checkered, Black Led Side Markers, Red Mirrors, Black Headlight Rings, Rear Led Taillights, Black Fuel cap, Black Door Handles, Black Notch Hood Scoop, Grill Craft Upper & Lower Grills, Oz Racing 17 inch Wheels
Suspension: Koni FSD Struts, TSW under Chassis Brace, Hotskiss 25.5mm Sway bar, NM Red Strut Bar, Whiteline Front and Rear End links
Tuning: Akrapovic Downpipe & Akrapovic Titanium & Carbon Tips, Manic Stage 2+, NM Mount Inserts, Helix Stepped Intercooler, IP Performance Coil, NM Hot Side Boost Tube, WMW Charge Air Pipe Cold Side, Quicksilver Exhaust, NM Air Intake Carbon, Mini Hood Heat Shield, Nm Oil Catch

Attached Thumbnails Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-20151025_124646.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-20151024_190729.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-20151024_132704.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-20151025_123804.jpg   Offical MarioKart Review Thread.-20151025_123654.jpg  

Last edited by diwhiteii; 10-25-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:53 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by diwhiteii
Hello to All, First things first, I want to personally thank Mario for making a special trip to NorCal to take care of a few of us. I spoke with three Manic dealers before I decided to go with Mario. All of them knew their stuff, but Mario stood out and I knew he was the right man for the tune. We spoke on the phone multiple times before he came to San Francisco and through all are conversations he really made me feel comfortable with going Manic. I previously had the Jb+ and was happy with it, but a tune will always be more precise as for the delivery of power and the consistency. Now lets get to the power difference. The Jb+ was great before I started buying a bunch of bolt-ons. Once the mods were on the JB+ didn't seem to put down the power I was expecting at 60% on the dial. Once I went Manic with Stage 2+ I was speechless! Map A, super powerful! Map B, beast mode! Map C E85 blend, spaceship!
Hi David,
I'm glad the tune, my trip timing and the trade in all worked out that weekend. Were you able to find some local E85, there are more and more stations popping up everyday.
While nothing will feel like the power of your bike, at least the Mini you will shock people and still be able to race them after leaving with two Costco baskets full food.
Keeping me posted on any new mods
Thanks
Mario

Old 11-25-2015, 01:13 PM
SPYECAR
1st Gear
I shipped my ECU to Mario for a stage 2+ tune less than a week ago and it's back and installed already. As expected, the car runs like a scalded cat. I got used to torque steer once before, but now have to do it all over again! Kudos to Mario for the excellent support during the process. If anyone's on the fence about getting the Manic tune, bite the bullet and do it! You won't be disappointed.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Mini Union
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The passion, knowledge, wish-fullness to help you, when you call or text any-hour, any-day, talking about cars, mods, etc....made my experience with Mario, Sublime. A True Gentlemen, don't hesitate to use his services, you'll get the best.

I got from Mario, the DP (spring) and Manic Stage II , 2 days ago, WOWWW, my mini turned into Mini Rocket. I'm waiting for a Wagner intercooler (should be here any minute) but couldn't resist not to use map B
Thank you, Mario...

Old 12-08-2015, 08:33 PM
maglite
Neutral
MarioKart - Manic Tune Review

4 years ago, I acquired a Mini Cooper S, N18 engine. I have been beating myself up since then for not buying a JCW. For the extra HP and the sweet music coming out of the exhaust. Don't get me wrong the MCS is fun, but I just wanted a bit more.

Step one, bought a Akrapovic exhaust, left the stock downpipe, darn California SMOG...

Car just got much more fun, sound of the Akrapovic is just right, no too loud, nice tone, perfect...

Then I started to read around to figure out how to get close from the JCW power, I was not a big fan of the idea of opening the ECU, so that left the JB+ or getting a Manic tune. I did read a lot about both and looking at how both act, I finally decide that a tune it will be. Alright lets go on Manic's website and find a dealer, wait not as easy as it seems, called a couple, guys not that nice, don't want to answer my questions and refers me to Manic's website, which I did read about 1o times, if I ask questions, it's because I did not find the answer by myself !

Then I found this thread, read about Mario and all the positive feedback he got, one of the post shows an email address, alright I sent my long list of questions.

Mario answered every single one of them, and more ! We agree on the list of changes based on my car and my expectations, I ask for the SPS switch as well so I can remind myself why I got the tune :-)

I ship my ECU on Tuesday, on Wedensday, I get a series of pictures on my ECU on the bench, I'm a nerd that gets me all excited ! The same night, I get a UPS tracking number. Thursday, I get my ECU back, put it back in the car and leave for a short test ride.

Car warms up, sport-mode, GAS... Holy Sh*t, what the hell happened to my car, Mario turned it to a monster ! I can't get any traction until 4th gear until my tires get war and after, party time. The car pulls like crazy and never quit until limiter gets in the way, my smile reach my ears, here we go, they Mini I was dreaming of.

Had few very surprised passenger since the tune, hard to believe the is a Mini :-)

I've tried map A, B both great, map A is a bit easier on the passengers. I have still yet tried map C, but I soon will.

I hope I convinced you, just do it, it's quick, cheap and you won't recognize your car. There's no other modification in that price range that will transform your car in such a monster.

And if you decide to go this route, shout an email to Mario, he's fantastic, responsive and professional. mariopalza@gmail.com

Enough said, I have more petrol to burn, just quit hesitating, do it !

Old 12-11-2015, 04:05 PM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Mario is a great guy to work with!

I bought a 47mm GT Dominator turbo from Mario for my Countryman S All4. I drove up to his area to get it installed by his mechanic, who is a great guy and awesome at what he does. Had a blast hanging out and doing car stuff... well, watching the mechanic do car stuff. lol.

The Manic tune is on point. The turbo is out of this world awesome; it just keeps on pulling up top! I haven't even moved to Map C yet, but so far Map B with this turbo is solid.

If you need anything MINI related... Mario is the guy you're looking for.

Thanks, Mario!

Old 12-19-2015, 05:19 PM
bocajferrari
1st Gear
Mini is wayyy better now

Hey guys,

I just got a remote tuned Manic II by Mario earlier this month. I got to say it really kicks *** . With the SPS switch I can switch maps on the fly. Map A is pretty legit I can notice a very linear power band. Map B is what I really like (only because I can't do C just yet missing meth or race fuel). It really does turn it into a little rocket, remembering that this is a puny 1.6 liter. I'm coming from e36 and e46 M3s.
As for Mario, his customer service skill are just the best. I was kind of nervous shipping my computer to some random guy in cali for all that money, but it is well worth it. He walked me through every detail and answered every question. We also chatted about M3/M4/M5s for about thirty minutes lol. He returned the ECU back super quick. If you are contemplating it like I was for a few months, just do it. You won't regret it!
Oh and the burble/pops/fire out the exhaust is sweet!

Jacob from Amarillo TX!

Old 12-23-2015, 06:57 AM
SPYECAR
1st Gear
Manic tune experience

It's been about a month since getting a Stage 2+ tune on my 2013 MCS. I upgraded from a JB+ and the results are definitely noticeable. The car also has a new FMIC, K&N flat panel air filter and intake muffler delete pipe. Other than a 200 cell DP and 2nd cat delete, the exhaust is stock. The sound is nice - louder but not obnoxious. It's my daily driver, so I don't want to be TOO extreme with the mods.

Map A is a hoot. I need to keep the DSC on save the tires. Here in the midwest, 93 octane and E85 are both available, so I mixed 3 gallons of E85 with a full tank per Mario's suggestion and tried map C. WOW! This introduced a new problem though. In 4th gear and up, there is so much torque at WOT that the stock clutch slips. DSC does not sense and correct this, so I'm back to map A until I upgrade the clutch.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:22 AM
yesti
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
It's been about a month since getting a Stage 2+ tune on my 2013 MCS. I upgraded from a JB+ and the results are definitely noticeable. The car also has a new FMIC, K&N flat panel air filter and intake muffler delete pipe. Other than a 200 cell DP and 2nd cat delete, the exhaust is stock. The sound is nice - louder but not obnoxious. It's my daily driver, so I don't want to be TOO extreme with the mods.

Map A is a hoot. I need to keep the DSC on save the tires. Here in the midwest, 93 octane and E85 are both available, so I mixed 3 gallons of E85 with a full tank per Mario's suggestion and tried map C. WOW! This introduced a new problem though. In 4th gear and up, there is so much torque at WOT that the stock clutch slips. DSC does not sense and correct this, so I'm back to map A until I upgrade the clutch.
That's wicked! Is Map B a good compromise until you get the clutch work done?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:48 AM
SPYECAR
1st Gear
Yesti,
Sorry for the late reply. Weather and holidays... It appears to be right on the edge with the clutch slipping. Mixed fuel (E85 and 93 octane) and map C caused the clutch to slip a couple of times. Map B is OK with mixed fuel and Map C is OK running straight 93 octane. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 01-04-2016, 12:30 PM
CaliminiR56
2nd Gear
Yesti,
Sorry for the late reply. Weather and holidays... It appears to be right on the edge with the clutch slipping. Mixed fuel (E85 and 93 octane) and map C caused the clutch to slip a couple of times. Map B is OK with mixed fuel and Map C is OK running straight 93 octane. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yea mine slips on map A. I expected this cause I'm at 60k miles and knew the stock clutch couldn't handle all the power for long.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:29 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Yea mine slips on map A. I expected this cause I'm at 60k miles and knew the stock clutch couldn't handle all the power for long.
At least too much power problems are fun to have!!

Old 01-08-2016, 11:12 AM
obdoesit
1st Gear
I recently got a stage 2 tune from MarioKart and I feel that I need to let everyone know how great it was to work with Mario. He and I met at a starbucks and he immediately hopped in my r55 and got working. 3 intervals of 30 minutes, a venti coffee each and 300 answers to my 300 questions later, I was ripping around the parking lot as he processed my payment. Since the tune I've been problem free and full of smiles. I still contact Mario often with all of my mini related questions and he is always timely with a response. Mario is very knowledgeable about the mini cooper and really a pleasure to work with. I will go to him again when I go stage 3 no doubt about it.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:36 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by obdoesit
I recently got a stage 2 tune from MarioKart and I feel that I need to let everyone know how great it was to work with Mario. He and I met at a starbucks and he immediately hopped in my r55 and got working. 3 intervals of 30 minutes, a venti coffee each and 300 answers to my 300 questions later, I was ripping around the parking lot as he processed my payment. Since the tune I've been problem free and full of smiles. I still contact Mario often with all of my mini related questions and he is always timely with a response. Mario is very knowledgeable about the mini cooper and really a pleasure to work with. I will go to him again when I go stage 3 no doubt about it.
Good meeting you and don't forget to order your new NGK plugs
See you in the Malibu canyons
Mario

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drivetrain Offical MarioKart Review Thread.