MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to RobMuntean
Gallery
Need help with information about resonator delete on 11' MCS

Hello all,
I am definitely not getting any answers or help as I would have hoped to get. I only have two questions about deleting my resonator. Would it be better to delete the 2nd cat and resonator or just the resonator? And my second question is what do I do if it throws a CEL. I do have a scangauge but would that help erase it? Thanks to whoever can answer these questions!

'08 MCa:Nightfire Red/Black(Gone)
Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 PM
5th Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
I can tell you that deleting the resonator will definitely NOT throw a CEL. As for the 2nd cat I don't believe that would cause you problems either but someone else might chime in with more experience in this. I'm pretty sure the 2nd cat isn't monitored.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
2ND cat is downstream of o2 sensor so no cel when removed from system.
Factory Jcw,Jcw aero,Jcw wing, Koni yellows,Nm springs,Jcw front swaybar,Eibach rearbar,SSR type c 17x7.5,Kenwood DNX9980,Alpine pdx f400,Alpine pdx m600,Jbl Ms-8,Focal polyglass 165 vr3,Focal polyglass 6x9,Jl audio 10w6 sub,wicked cass 10 in enclosure.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM