Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:31 AM
SemperMini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry, I meant the 2013, not 2014. I get that a TOTALLY new engine won't fly lol. Sorry for the typo. Still the same answer?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
only works in 2012 jcw, otherwise 2010 S

Old 11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
SemperMini
3rd Gear
well damn. I assume there are other good tuning options out there for newer models?

I bought a accessport for my '07 and about a week later someone kindly total'ed it for me... so I guess I need to sell it if it doesn't work for any of the newer stuff (assuming I buy a n18 or newer)...

Old 01-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Dr. Spade
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SemperMini
well damn. I assume there are other good tuning options out there for newer models?

I bought a accessport for my '07 and about a week later someone kindly total'ed it for me... so I guess I need to sell it if it doesn't work for any of the newer stuff (assuming I buy a n18 or newer)...
There are. Tho I like AP.

However, I've been having a boost cut problem. After a couple weeks of loading a map, it will cut boost on 50-75% throttle, sometimes full throttle. This is stage 2 and 3 map.

Car has intake, 2.5" catless DP, secondary cat and res removed + intercooler. Recently added Alta boost tube. Went from 16.7 PSI to 17.6 thanks to tube.

Went back to stage 2 cause it used to peak at 19.2 PSI. Now just 17.1. It also used to cut before intercooler on stage 2. Any ideas?

Old 01-18-2015, 06:57 AM
nine5raptor
4th Gear
I run intake, dp back exhaust, and methanol and I am on stage one. I will hit 21.5-21.9 psi in the hot months and around 18 in the cold months. You mention specific numbers, but remember the DME controls boost dynamically based on many conditions.

Sent from my Nexus using NAMotoring

Old 02-13-2015, 03:21 PM
gbsbond
Neutral
Hi, anybody knows if the ALTA AP works only on US Spec cars? Or also on other country spec cars? I have an 2011 fJCW (not US spec) and I am evaluating remote tunning options becuase Im outside US.
Thanks for your help!

Old 02-16-2015, 06:02 AM
whrisk
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Spade

However, I've been having a boost cut problem. After a couple weeks of loading a map, it will cut boost on 50-75% throttle, sometimes full throttle. This is stage 2 and 3 map.

Car has intake, 2.5" catless DP, secondary cat and res removed + intercooler. Recently added Alta boost tube. Went from 16.7 PSI to 17.6 thanks to tube.

Went back to stage 2 cause it used to peak at 19.2 PSI. Now just 17.1. It also used to cut before intercooler on stage 2. Any ideas?
per Alta, you are only suppose to use stage 2 and 3 tunes if you have a 3" turbo back exhaust. I put a stage 2 tune on my car when i put a 2.5" catless DP and invidia q300 2.5" DP back exhaust. i felt i lost power from the stage 1 tune. so i put it back to stage one. then i did a lot of reading on this thread and thats when i found the tunes are meant for 3" exhaust.

I am, currently digging into a custom tune through a Cobb authorized tuner. on their site they have 5 tuners listed that are suppose to be able to tune minis with the accessport. as soon as i get a response i will let everyone know what the deal is.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
The last I heard there was only one tuner left. OXS were the only ones left. $300 for 3 tunes.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Joeygonz
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Sacred Disorder
The last I heard there was only one tuner left. OXS were the only ones left. $300 for 3 tunes.
I tried to reach out to OXS several times and no response. I read somewhere that they are no longer in business. No biggie..

Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
They're a long way from most everyone, but check them out --- https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...yno-tuner.html

They specialize in "rice-rockets" but have done Mini's too, including mine.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Germs13
Neutral
I have an auto and when I installed the AP it came up with stage I II and III.
I am looking at an AP on craigslist and it is looking very enticing. I figured I would do some research before purchasing it especially since the previous owner stated he had manual transmission maps and I have an Auto Trans. and I have noticed that there are no longer maps on Alta's website. What would be my options today for finding maps for my MCSa. or do Auto and Manual use same maps. Thanks!

German

Old 03-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
The AP comes preloaded with the auto maps and manual maps. When it reads your vin it will automatically load the default maps for your ECU. As far as I know there is no way to delete the default maps from the memory.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:26 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
The biggest thing buying used is to make sure that it is unmarried from the previous car. If the AP is not uninstalled, you cannot install it on another vehicle.

You can reach out to others for a map if you are not happy with the ones included. I have an auto map that I like.

Mike

Old 03-12-2015, 03:09 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
The AP comes preloaded with the auto maps and manual maps. When it reads your vin it will automatically load the default maps for your ECU. As far as I know there is no way to delete the default maps from the memory.
The AP Manager, the AP program that resides on your computer, has the capability to remove / add maps from / to the hand-held unit.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:47 PM
jonbrod
Neutral
Accessport 2008 Auto Clubman S

Originally Posted by Germs13
I am looking at an AP on craigslist and it is looking very enticing. I figured I would do some research before purchasing it especially since the previous owner stated he had manual transmission maps and I have an Auto Trans. and I have noticed that there are no longer maps on Alta's website. What would be my options today for finding maps for my MCSa. or do Auto and Manual use same maps. Thanks!

German
German, I sold my Clubman and have an Accessport that was tuned for the auto. It was fast and fun. Just getting ready to put it on CL this weekend. If you are interested PM me.
Jon

Old 03-13-2015, 05:55 PM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up similar symptoms last summer, was wracking my brain what to do about it. Went back to stage 1 and then to "stock" map for the winter.

Then the car started stumbling on stock map, then eventually it threw the check engine light with P2880 error code (High Press System Min) - HPFP was dying all along!

Just got HPFP replaced under 10 year/120K mile warranty, went WOT a few times to test - stumble/hiccups are gone.

a

Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 AM
hidperf
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mindspin311
Just got my AP installed, noticed something pretty quickly..

During shifts, the engine seems to hold revs for a second, or.. even over rev during the shift.

I had one instance where I shifted at 6000rpm, but the tach jumped to 6500 before coming down.

Anyone else experience this?

This thread is HUGE and I've searched a few different ways, but have never found if this has been addresses or not.

I have this same problem with my 2010 Clubman S 6spd, Stage I FMIC, 93oct, TPS tune.
Scared me to death the first time it happened after a 1st gear full throttle acceleration run. Pushed the clutch in and the RPMS just kept screaming away.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 AM
JCW_Coupe
5th Gear
Dosent do it on my jcw 12'

Old 04-26-2015, 09:21 PM
ShadyCoop
3rd Gear
Does anyone on this thread have maps for a GB02B ECU? It is an '07 MCS auto trans. I'm stock besides an intake so a stage 1 map is ideal. My AP only came loaded with stage 1 maps for an upgraded FMIC which I do not have. A guy on here was kind enough to reach out to me and send me maps but they are for a H910B ECU, which I'm guessing will not work? All help is appreciated!

Tyler

Old 04-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Dr. Spade
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA2
Nope not at all! As long as you uninstall the AccessPORT your dealer will never know.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but apparently they can.

Or so I'm being told by the dealer. AP is uninstalled. Yet they say when they look at the flash data they see it. As such, the car's current problems won't be covered by warranty.

Is this just conjecture from them since my car is not stock otherwise or true?

Old 04-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Richieb0y28
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Is your warranty still valid or did you extend it? The standard is 4 years, so it wouldn't be covered.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Performance Angst
4th Gear
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but apparently they can.

Or so I'm being told by the dealer. AP is uninstalled. Yet they say when they look at the flash data they see it. As such, the car's current problems won't be covered by warranty.

Is this just conjecture from them since my car is not stock otherwise or true?
The dealer can't see what data was altered. But they can see the DATE that the computer was reflashed. So they could assume a custom program was uninstalled etc. and possibly deny a warranty claim if push came to shove.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
If the tune had nothing to do with the broken part, they cannot deny a warranty claim.

In other word an aftermarket tune does not void the warranty on anything not affected by the tune. This is because of the Moss Magnuson act, look it up.

Dave

Old 05-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Dr. Spade
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Richieb0y28
Is your warranty still valid or did you extend it? The standard is 4 years, so it wouldn't be covered.
Extended

Originally Posted by Performance Angst
The dealer can't see what data was altered. But they can see the DATE that the computer was reflashed. So they could assume a custom program was uninstalled etc. and possibly deny a warranty claim if push came to shove.
Ahh I see. Basically I'd like them to try going thru warranty. Tho their concern is that it won't be covered and Mini will question the other repairs done under warranty.

Originally Posted by DneprDave
If the tune had nothing to do with the broken part, they cannot deny a warranty claim.

In other word an aftermarket tune does not void the warranty on anything not affected by the tune. This is because of the Moss Magnuson act, look it up.

Dave
This time it may have.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:09 PM
RHDwillis
1st Gear
Just picked up a used AP for my auto mini. very pleased with the power, not so much with the shifting. Anyone have a map that has smoother shifting they would be willing to share?

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread