Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Exhaust Depot's Sound clips/videos

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exhaust Depot's Sound clips/videos

Excuse the quality of the videos. I was trying to hold my cell phone, drive and talk at the same time.

The first few video's are Exhaust Depot's downpipe, no resonator and full exhaust.

Last edited by orangecrush; 06-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"And we are doing, oh s*** we are doing 100" HAHAHA!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Okay, here is the same setup but with Exhaust Depot's 2nd muffler (meant to replace the resonator)

Basically sounds the same, a little more mellow but much quieter on the inside.... the previous post doesn't drone but it's on the verge....

Last edited by orangecrush; 06-07-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:22 PM
got.pho?
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome! one question, pretty random one.. can you get me some license plate screws? haha

O springs are on too!

anyways see you soon mark

Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
got.pho?
4th Gear
LOL you said you had home depot's exhaust during the inside cabin video haha

Old 06-07-2009, 03:41 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by got.pho?
LOL you said you had home depot's exhaust during the inside cabin video haha

Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
old81
M6
Found your vids, very nice. Now I really need to thump Hector.

I did get a crick in my neck.

And that was on the autobahn which was ported over via a Bermuda triangle black hole, if an LEO is wondering.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:15 PM
DNadar
3rd Gear
post op some pics of the four inch tips and the clearance. if i like the way they look i might have to drop by there and switch!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Mini Bo Bini
2nd Gear
And that was on the autobahn which was ported over via a Bermuda triangle black hole, if an LEO is wondering.
The LEO's that check out this site won't be too worried. After all, he's got the "O S**T, I'm about to get a ticket" indicator mounted to his windshield. There's NO beating INSTANT ON......

Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 AM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
That would have to rate top 2 to date that I have heard...I've heard them all except Invidia...

So just so you can break it down for us. Mark, what are you currently running, in order, from the turbo back.

Nice vids and nice driving!

Interested in this setup...and I didn't know he had 4 inch tips as an option.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:27 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dtsoccer6
That would have to rate top 2 to date that I have heard...I've heard them all except Invidia...
Thanks bud, I'm really thrilled with the sound.

[qukote]

So just so you can break it down for us. Mark, what are you currently running, in order, from the turbo back.

Interested in this setup...and I didn't know he had 4 inch tips as an option.[/quote]

I wanted the 3" tips (or whatever stock is) but he was out of them so the 4" it was.

From front to back.

ED downpipe, ED full exhaust. In the first set of videos, I was running a straight pipe in place of the resonator and their muffler (magnaflow).

In the second set of videos, I had (2) magnaflow mufflers (one in place of the straight pipe)

HTH's,

Mark

Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 AM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Thanks bud, I'm really thrilled with the sound.

Interested in this setup...and I didn't know he had 4 inch tips as an option.
I wanted the 3" tips (or whatever stock is) but he was out of them so the 4" it was.

From front to back.

ED downpipe, ED full exhaust. In the first set of videos, I was running a straight pipe in place of the resonator and their muffler (magnaflow).

In the second set of videos, I had (2) magnaflow mufflers (one in place of the straight pipe)

HTH's,

Mark
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now your opinion. Without the resonators, is it too loud? Also, with the resonators, do you still get that evil burble? If I ge this system, I want the Evil Burble!

Does Hector have interchangeable pipes so in other words, I could purchase the resonator separate and put it on and take it off as I please?

Any CELs yet?

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dtsoccer6
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now your opinion. Without the resonators, is it too loud?
They say if it's too loud, you're too old. Apparently, I'm old...lol.

It's louder, not A BUNCH but definitely louder. Around town it would be fun but I had an 8 hour drive on the highway at 85'ish mph and though it didn't "drone", it was a bit too loud.

If anyone of of ya'll are worried that your wife may not like it, you're right. It's not stupid loud but I know I'd have to listen to my wife if I left it that way.

With resonator, (another muffler, remember, he doesn't use resonators, just mufflers) it takes away some of the raspiness and loudness. I assure you it doesn't remove the sound.... it merely calms it down a bit.

Also, with the resonators, do you still get that evil burble? If I ge this system, I want the Evil Burble!
Yes, the burble is perfect with resonators. It's louder without the resonators but I assure you can still hear it PLENTY.

Does Hector have interchangeable pipes so in other words, I could purchase the resonator separate and put it on and take it off as I please?
Yes, that's what I did. I had his guys make up a straight pipe to remove the resonator and I also had them flange another muffler so I could swap it out.

Since it was a bit loud for me, I installed the second muffler and away I went.

Any CELs yet?
Nope, Nada, None... and believe me, after a 500-600 mile trip and all the flogging that poor car has taken over the last 2 days, if a CEL was to occur, surely it would have come on by now...lol.

HTH's,

Mark

Thanks![/quote]

Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 AM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
They say if it's too loud, you're too old. Apparently, I'm old...lol.

It's louder, not A BUNCH but definitely louder. Around town it would be fun but I had an 8 hour drive on the highway at 85'ish mph and though it didn't "drone", it was a bit too loud.

If anyone of of ya'll are worried that your wife may not like it, you're right. It's not stupid loud but I know I'd have to listen to my wife if I left it that way.

With resonator, (another muffler, remember, he doesn't use resonators, just mufflers) it takes away some of the raspiness and loudness. I assure you it doesn't remove the sound.... it merely calms it down a bit.

Yes, the burble is perfect with resonators. It's louder without the resonators but I assure you can still hear it PLENTY.

Yes, that's what I did. I had his guys make up a straight pipe to remove the resonator and I also had them flange another muffler so I could swap it out.

Since it was a bit loud for me, I installed the second muffler and away I went.

Nope, Nada, None... and believe me, after a 500-600 mile trip and all the flogging that poor car has taken over the last 2 days, if a CEL was to occur, surely it would have come on by now...lol.

HTH's,

Mark

Thanks!
Thanks for the clear and concise answers! I will have to look into this further.And just to clear it up, this is a 2.5 inch system correct?

Now for the final question. Cost. How much did everything come out to be including DP, resos, mufflers, custom flanges, catback, and all the goodies...

Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
DNadar
3rd Gear
The flanges aren't necessarily custom. Its the way his catback comes, for everybody who orders it. it is a 2.5 inch system.

Do you still think its too loud with the resonator installed?

Also, do you notice a performance increase?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
I like the license plate. A MINI guy in Hawaii had it but after a few complaints the DMV made him turn it in. =(

Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
D Unit
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
"And we are doing, oh s*** we are doing 100" HAHAHA!!!
that WAS funny! The exhaust and DP combo kicks *** Mark... I officially hate your guts now.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That system sounds fukin mean Mark nicely done. Jimmy that rear wiper delete help and plug offer still stands and I have a set of license plate screws if you need those as well.

-Chad

Old 06-09-2009, 03:39 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by D Unit
that WAS funny! The exhaust and DP combo kicks *** Mark... I officially hate your guts now.

LOL, see, you should have bought my spot on the intercooler list... and your exhaust would sound the same....

Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
That system sounds fukin mean Mark nicely done.
-Chad

Thanks Chad, I REALLY like the new exhaust... loud but not too loud, sounds grunty.

Originally Posted by DNadar
The flanges aren't necessarily custom. Its the way his catback comes, for everybody who orders it. it is a 2.5 inch system.
Technically they are custom in the sense he has to make each one. It's just a flange that he welds on the end of the pipe but Rashaun welds beautifully. And since the flanges have to be at exact angle when you install a different pipe, they need to be precise. (sounds simple but wait until you install a different muffler and it has to be at an exact angle so it doesn't hit the floor... been there, done that. Thank God they made it perfect)

Do you still think its too loud with the resonator installed?
No, it's perfect.... obviously we put the exhaust on to hear it. There's no escaping the fact it has an aftermarket exhaust but no, it's not too loud. It's quiet until you step on it.

Also, do you notice a performance increase?
Most mods don't make much of a seat of your pants increase. The downpipe is noticeable but I think it'll shine when it gets tuned next week.

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 06-09-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:48 AM
got.pho?
4th Gear
chad ill call you this week? I forgot the offer tho!

and mark! stop wasting so much gas! I bet you've already driven through 2 tanks in charlotte LOL

Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
I meant to tell you guys... I took the worst weld job I could find on the exhaust system and this is what it looked like.

THAT was the worst.... Rashaun CAN WELD. All the flanges and parts welded looked superb. Like I said, I was trying to make a point, this is the worst I could find...

He was freakin' awesome.

Mark

Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 PM
got.pho?
4th Gear
talk about quality!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:08 PM
PoktRokt
3rd Gear
Orangecrush...any talk or worry about the DP not having the OEM mounting flange at the bottom of the DP. Another thread is talking about this and now I am a bit worried since I have the ED DP w/o the flange. Stress on the turbo and upper DP mounts?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
old81
M6
Mark,

Looks like the quality and fit are good. Now if they will get mine done and shipped I would be a much happier ED customer.

Anyone talked with Hector this week?

Of course with our nasty weather, the MINI has not been out on the road much.

Take care and more pictures on a lift, eh.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PoktRokt
Orangecrush...any talk or worry about the DP not having the OEM mounting flange at the bottom of the DP. Another thread is talking about this and now I am a bit worried since I have the ED DP w/o the flange. Stress on the turbo and upper DP mounts?
NO, NOT AT ALL... I tend to be **** (so I'm told...) and if I thought for a second that the setup wasn't going to be equivalent to factory, I'd get rid of it.

When I was much younger, I wanted what I thought was cool regardless of the result (ie. air shocks would look cool but give a crappy ride) but the older I get, I want my modifications to be as close as stock as possible. (reliability wise)

Originally Posted by old81
Mark,

Looks like the quality and fit are good. Now if they will get mine done and shipped I would be a much happier ED customer.

Anyone talked with Hector this week?

Of course with our nasty weather, the MINI has not been out on the road much.

Take care and more pictures on a lift, eh.
Don,

Perhaps it may be time to drive down here and have them install it. I'd ride down with you if you want to swing by...

I mean, come on, it's only about a 2400 mile trip for you....

Hope you get yours soon.

Mark

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Exhaust Depot's Sound clips/videos