Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain RMW shorty code P0036

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 AM
ez1putt
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Intense
Why do you keep saying Jan hasn't got back with you at all?? He gave you options right? Three different ones if I remember correctly.... Do you mean he hasn't got back to you with the option you feel he needs to? Full refund and a postage paid package sent to your house? There isn't a company on this planet that will do that

Seriously, if I were him I'd tell you to pound sand....

AZ... Why are you interested? Do you own a RMW header? Do you plan on it?

OR

#1- You want to keep a competitors troubling thread in the forefront
#2- Your the CEL warrior out to save those in need

Just curious
Yes he got back with the three options, all three were discussed in this thread and sending a new header was the best BUT when it takes a month or more to complete this is not right(remember that peskey emmissons testing thing) and also remember he is still selling headers so why can't he box one up and send it? Second, it's not a postage paid package its a SHIPPING LABLE and a refund and yes there are companys that do this EVERYWHERE it's called customer service and standing behind your product, instead of me pounding sand you should dig your head out of it(or whatever you have it stuck in).What this is all about,in case you havent picked it up yet, is Jan has gone to great lengths to spout about how he TESTS all his products before he sells them. Now here we are on the second verson of his header and it's still throwing codes so even you can see that I'm not all that warm and fuzzy that the third will be good. It's called due dillagence it looks as if he has not used it on his origanal header nor has he used it with the fix for the codes. And lastly why are you interested?? You seem very happy with all your RMW parts, so run along.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 AM
ez1putt
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
We are fixing them as we go
The latest was fixed today
Aafah
That is good Jan, I can expect a NEW header after all thats what I paid for.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:05 AM
ez1putt
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nazrin
Yeap, Intense is right....RMW will never give in to ez1putt's option...But it'll be brilliant if they do...

As I said before ez1...if RMW gives in to you, and gives you back your money..then many more RMW shorty code users would want their money back too and that could spell trouble for RMW...

Dont forget, RMW is a company first and a tuner second.....They also need to protect their own...

P.S. Intense, im loving the look of your MINI....any more pics?
If he had done the proper testing on his header, which it is obvious that he didn't, he would not be in this mess. You should not sell a product and depend on your customers to be beta testers it's not right.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every header out there that has sold as many headers as we have, has had some headers that have thrown codes. So Miltek, Janspeed and every other major brand never did testing? Come on ezput....... Most of the ones throwing codes were out of the last 2 batches of cats from Magnaflow. I called Magnaflow and spoke to their engineers after the batch that started throwing codes, they said they were fine and nothing was changed. So they said it must have been bad cats. (yes, due diligence was done immediately when the problem arose) There was about a 50% failure rate of last 2 batches. Magnaflow is not standing behind the product be we are fixing them on our own dime. I'm sorry you don't want to take the options I gave you, it's better than me telling you to take it up with Magnaflow

For the record we are NO LONGER USING MAGNAFLOW CATS

Old 04-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Floof
1st Gear
If Jans cat's did this then you would have something to moan about.

Just because the light is on does not mean it will fail an emissions test btw - mine passed with the light on.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:32 AM
davisflyer
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Back from the first day at the Dragon w/bung mod, still no codes!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
mdbsat
5th Gear
Originally Posted by davisflyer
Back from the first day at the Dragon w/bung mod, still no codes!
Sweet. Hope you are having a goodtime.

My SES light has NOTHING to do with the bung. The culprit is the bad cats that were put on the header.

I am glad to hear that there have been cats found that will not throw codes, I am waiting for my replacement anxiously

Last edited by mdbsat; 04-30-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 AM
mdbsat
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
We are fixing them as we go
The latest was fixed today
Aafah
Nice, just read this. So I should be expecting my replacement soon? I am ready to have that SES gone and done with. Thanks Jan.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Nazrin
4th Gear
mdbsat...hope you get that SES light sorted..goodluck to ya....

Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Nazrin
4th Gear
goodluck to all of you actually..hope RMW gets this sorted cos I think this has gone on for months (even years??).

Hope it wont take that much longer...goodluck to all of ya...especially to ez1..

Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 AM
mdbsat
5th Gear
mdbsat...hope you get that SES light sorted..goodluck to ya....
Have you not read this thread? It IS getting sorted. I am having a replacement sent to me. I dont know what your beef is with this company but it is getting kind of sad. You dont wish me luck, you wish to continue to try and trash this brand. Now, if you actually had the header and you were having the problems I am having I would tell you to say whatver you want. I AM the one with the issues, I AM the one with complaints. Cmon man, you are very transparent. Find another cause, go work on your car or just do something but this is just plain lame.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Nazrin
4th Gear
No Beef....just plain good fashion good luck mdbsat...
Cos, its not the first time that the "it'll be sorted" speech has come up..and guess what? Not sorted...
hence the goodluck bro...meant nothing by it.....sorry if i pushed your wrong buttons..

Old 04-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Nazrin
4th Gear
and im interested in RMW threads cos its supposed to be the best American Mini brand...so, thats the only reasons for all my probing questions...

Just want to be in "in the know"

Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Originally Posted by mdbsat
Have you not read this thread? It IS getting sorted. I am having a replacement sent to me. I dont know what your beef is with this company but it is getting kind of sad. You dont wish me luck, you wish to continue to try and trash this brand. Now, if you actually had the header and you were having the problems I am having I would tell you to say whatver you want. I AM the one with the issues, I AM the one with complaints. Cmon man, you are very transparent. Find another cause, go work on your car or just do something but this is just plain lame.

it's blatantly obvious.... good grief
look how many times people are posting crap in here who don't even have the product.... enough already
they are getting fixed and we are doing it methodically to make sure they don't come back

if that isn't good enough for you Nazrin (who doesn't even own the product)
too *#&^ing bad

Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Nazrin
4th Gear
see my previous post....

Im interested in the best there is....and recently RMW turns out to be that...So, of cos potential customers would ask probing questions...Im not one of those people who will just dive in and pay big bucks for "the best" there is....I use the old fashion research before I part ways with my money....

(p.s and thanks to my research im code free!!! and no need to use profanity Jan...surely you can shop more class then that...thats not professional at all)

Last edited by Nazrin; 04-30-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
see my previous post....

Im interested in the best there is....and recently RMW turns out to be that...So, of cos potential customers would ask probing questions...Im not one of those people who will just dive in and pay big bucks for "the best" there is....I use the old fashion research before I part ways with my money....

(p.s and thanks to my research im code free!!! and no need to use profanity Jan...surely you can shop more class then that...thats not professional at all)
no you are not... it's obvious by your posts
run along junior

Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
M3NTAL
4th Gear
Run beside Grandpa

Old 04-30-2009, 04:46 PM
K5Cruiser
4th Gear
goodluck to all of you actually..hope RMW gets this sorted cos I think this has gone on for months (even years??).
This header has barely been out for a year now, so don't go laying seeds to flourish incorrect information.

As Jan has stated, it was a batch of bad cats that simply need to be replaced. There was no way for Jan to know these were bad when they were shipped to him. Unfortunately Magnaflow did not step up and take care of this issue, yet RMW has.

Each one of these headers is hand built, and each one that has experienced a problem has to be repaired by hand as well. I'm sure everyone can understand that this simply takes time, not to mention having the new cats on hand as well so that the repair can be made.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Nazrin
4th Gear
much appreciated K5...and to Jan...Yes sir, Big Buddy...

I'll tone it down...i'll just read the posts in the background...No hard feelings to everyone..

Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM
davisflyer
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by K5Cruiser

Each one of these headers is hand built, and each one that has experienced a problem has to be repaired by hand as well. I'm sure everyone can understand that this simply takes time, not to mention having the new cats on hand as well so that the repair can be made.
+1.... Well said.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM
the platform
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive had the bung on for for a couple months.
No lights for a couple hundred miles.
My car passed smog on Friday.
Still lovin' the header.
...thanks Jan.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:36 PM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
-delete-

Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 PM
the platform
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrCooperS
-delete-
delete what?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
my comment.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 PM
ez1putt
3rd Gear
Thank you Jan I am eagerly awaiting the replacement header,beleve me I want this mess behind us as much or more than you.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain RMW shorty code P0036